NEurope

Noice one Letty. I gave you a Burnout-related lolarity on facebook.

I don't know why, but I feel jealous...

Eenuh; shame you can't be a kickboxing world champ anymore :(

CTG; £15 a day, while less than minimum wage, would still work out as nearly double what you get on teh dole... but I guess it's not the money that's the problem.

someone else; my day was good, thanks. Didn't go to the cinema, but bought the Xbox 360 'arcade' disc with, i think, 5 games on it, for £3. I don't even know if it really has teh games on or anything. Bought a boxset of something like 7 films for £12 (Banned!, it's called, I think), and bought 7 books from charity shops.

Sister's coming over tomorrow and I guess I've got to go and spend money on her for presents when all I want to do IS SLEEP ALL DAY. AND WATCH MOVIES IN MY DREAMS.

Hot damn letty, looks epic/awful. Glad you're relatively unscathed :)

My day has been less eventful. Did a six mile walk to pick up the mystery package they tried to deliver yesterday. Turns out it was the free sackboy the LBP youtube page was offering a while back. Then usual sod allness. Oh I baked actually. But it turns out mom's oven is shit and burnt the bottom of the cupcakes :(

Hope you are okay Letttttycakes! Also sorry to hear about your leg Ineeeee! Hope you get better soon, and good job it was caught sooner rather than later, yeah?

----

I sent an email of complaint (or two) to Amazon today. I ordered something and it quoted - "Order this by 3pm and get it by Saturday 23/05" So I did and paid for what I thought to be the speedy delivery (1st class). I get the email confirmation. Expected delivery date - 26/05. So I thought right, I'm sick of this happening (its happened a few times where I've paid) so I sent an email to them.

Turns out that the "Express" delivery isn't applicable to the majority of the UK. This was not clarified/remotely obvious (without masses of digging through the site) so I sent an email. And got my postage costs refunded. Yaaaaay.

I also found out today, that when I pass my driving test, I will be restricted (for 1 year) to 45mph, even on a motorway. What lolz.

In Northern Ireland for one year after the passing of a driving test, the driver is defined as a "restricted driver" who must not exceed 45 mph and must display an "R-plate" consisting of an amber sans-serif R on a white background. L-plates in Northern Ireland commonly have an R-plate as a reverse side. "R-plate" drivers are often viewed as a nuisance on motorways, due to their limited speed, resulting in many restricted drivers not displaying their "R-plates" or not keeping to the restricted speed limit. [2] [3]

Glad you're fine obviously but why on earth was he doing 70mph and such a tight road? Sounds ridiculous.

Not bad Letty. By the way the interview guy was driving the minibus today I was expecting to be a similar sort of accident!

It was hardly an interview, more of a "Tell us your details, now come out with us, time to work!" kinda thing. Managed to secure two leads meaning £120 for my mate who works there. The job ain't for me like I expected but it was nice to get out there and give it a whirl. It's all experience at the end of the day.

CTG; £15 a day, while less than minimum wage, would still work out as nearly double what you get on teh dole... but I guess it's not the money that's the problem.

yes, but to get that, id be spendign rougly £12 on travle. 8 hours being told to fuck off, going into strangers homes, risking rape and murder for £3 a day profits? im better off on the dole.

£12 a day on travel? That is ludicruous indeed! Are you commuting or something?

Jayseven why have u not quoted me in how was your day! I saved you!

I'm drunk. Love it. Haven't been this drunk this term because of exams :) Going to watch in Bruges with people. YAY.

I'm drunk. Love it. Haven't been this drunk this term because of exams :) Going to watch in Bruges with people. YAY.

Yay for drunkness! I'm getting hammered tomorrow at the local pub with the majority of my year to celebrate the end of college. Should hopefully be amazing. :D

Glad you're fine obviously but why on earth was he doing 70mph and such a tight road? Sounds ridiculous.

Word. Glad you're okay, but I can't even get my head around that. Didn't he pass his test like.....a week ago. Hes got a death wish if hes driving like that.

Took my mum to see We Will Rock You last night in Manchester for her birthday.

Have seen it before, but it was still awesome the second time.

Would defo recommend it to anyone.

That car crash is horrific Letty, glad you're ok. Whoever was driving needs a proper bollocking. What a tool.

Let me guess, 17 years old, passed his test a few weeks ago and thought he was an experienced rally driver.

The good news is he probably won't be able to afford insurance for the rest of his puberty.

Fool

Edited by Dog-amoto

The good news is he probably won't be able to afford insurance for the rest of his puberty.

Fool

Bahahahaha!

On a serious note, just as well you're alright. I agree with the others, he needs to be sat down.

meh... so tired... >_>

so i decided!! IF i got offered the job at GAME, i'm not gunna take it. it'd be a lot less hours (28 vs. 40~) and a lot less money (£5.55 vs. £6 then £7 when i get a payrise in 2 month's time.) for about the same travel time (only i'd be walking to GAME rather than catching the bus/train... and then when would i play my DS?! WHEN!!???)

so yes. this is what i have decided.

oh yeah... and also because morning shifts at the restairant are SO quiet i can sit and watch the simpsons on surfthechannel and get paid for it. trufaks!

i have also decided that i wanna learn to crochet.

and i think i'm going to sell my ukelele. i'm not even slightly musical... u__u

i'm stuck here at work till 11 tonight... and it's SUCH a nice day outside...

any bored london forumers come visit me!!! :bouncy:

ahh wait, you're all at expo... *sigh!*

Edited by bluey

Glad your ok, and not seriously hurt and all that.

Day 2 of 4 off begins now, shall see what lovely things take place. I think i watched Yes Man too many times now, because just saying "Yes" to things opens up a whole world of opportunity.

Sorry, i think i'm rambling on now.

Well, my Graduation Ball was a mixed affair last night.

First of all, many months back, my housemate and close friend decided she was sitting on one table with her course tutor and other friend. But, I was assured that there were still seats there for me to sit at, as she was supposed to be my "adopted date" for the evening.

Of course, two days later, all the spaces had filled up, which annoyed the hell out of me since we were meant to be sitting together. So, I ended up at a table with my other mates, and that turned out to be quite nice yesterday. Made a few new friends, which was pretty cool, although my housemate (who has a girlfriend) was pretty much flirting outrageously with this girl last night, who is single, and her mates who were there said that she thought she stood a chance. Uhhh. There were raffle tickets, and my number got called out, which made me smile a lot as I rarely win anything...except on games, of course. So, I smiled my way to the front, picked up my 10 quid HMV voucher, got the applause and pretty much danced and hugged my way back to my seat. Our table was right in the corner, and I was sitting three spaces from the end, right against the back wall, and I placed that voucher, along with my ticket for tonight in my inner jacket pocket.

Then, before getting ready, my friend (the same girl who is my adopted date) came downstairs and said to me "Jim, we're leaving in an hour," and stormed right off, despite the fact that my other housemate was in the room (same guy who was flirting) and was playing me on Fifa. Why didn't she direct that at him, too? So, naturally, I was in a bit of a shitty mood with her for a while.

The actual ball itself was great for the most part. I rarely saw my adopted date, as she spent 50% of the time with her course tutor (babysitting him) 40% of the time with other girlie friends, with a tad left over for me. I didn't care, I just went off and had a good time with my coursemates, because to be honest sometimes I don't get to spend enough time with them.

A friend who I recently got to know better lost her purse, so I was looking around with her for it, including every table, the front reception, lost property and asking her other friends. She was quite upset, and was pretty much in tears, but I kept telling her we'd find it. On the way, two girls past me by and asked if I was her boyfriend, and I said "uuh, no, she's just lost her purse, so I'm helping her look for it." And they said something along the lines of: "well, we saw you the other day infront of ASA Briggs house (at campus) and you smiled at me...and my other friend said "I wish he had smiled at me as well!" and we talked about it for the rest of the day."

I was pretty much blushing at that, and...to tell you the truth, they were bluddy fucking hot! Not as hot as my Ine of course, but still, I was pretty chuffed. So, I said thank you and promised not to stop smiling, heh. Well, I went with my friend to try and find her purse, and we went to the DJ, and I asked him if he had seen it, and low and behold he pulled it out from under his table, and joy ensued!

She looked so happy, probably the happiest I've seen a human look in a while, and she must have said thank you for the millionth time. Her close friend, who is also a coursemate of mine was now with us and they said: "We were talking about you the other day, and we both said you're the nicest guy on the course. Jack is arrogant, Charlie is...a waster, but you're always smiling, always polite and it's nice." [/Compliment]

Both of those came in the space of 5 minutes, so I was dying of compliment overload. To tell you the truth, apart from Ine and the odd comment from some of my housemates, the most compliments I probably get are from here, so it was quite nice to have something nice said about you, and not just feel like I'm left on the backburner or something.

So, the night was going pretty damn well, but it all had to fail somewhere, I guess. I took off my jacket about an hour or two before the end, and placed it on the chair I was sitting at for dinner, back three spaces in from the end against the wall. When I went to find it before the end of the evening, it wasn't there. My housemate (fifa and flirting) and his mate (who sat next to him) had both of their seats empty as well. I saw the friend, and he had his jacket on and was sat barely a few metres away from our table, and claimed he hadn't seen mine. I saw my flirting housemate, still with the girl, and he had his jacket on. When I had put mine down on the chair, both of theirs were there, so they couldn't have taken mine by mistake.

I looked for it high and low, and it didn't turn up. My housemates were...pretty un-useful and claimed that maybe someone had picked up mine by mistake. ...I was sat on the back table, against a wall, so if someone were to sit there in the first place...then gah. Secondly, if they had taken mine, what had they done with theirs? Because obviously they'd have to put theirs down before they picked mine up? And thirdly, the jacket had my ticket and voucher in an envelope on the inside! I barely got the envelope in, and you could bluddy feel it when you put it on. It was weighted, and you'd have to be a fucking idiot before you didn't notice that something was there.

What pisses me off is that I had paid £135 for the whole suit, shirt and tie barely two days before the ball, and this was meant to be my suit for the future. This was my new teaching suit, my interview suit and smart suit, and I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't got that kind of money lying around. I was a tiny bit skeptical about getting it in the first place, because it was so much money, but I knew it would benefit me well in the long run.

So, thank you, Karma. Thank you, very much.

To top it off, my adopted date found a jacket on a table next to the dancefloor after most people had left and said "obviously someone has left theirs and taken mine." I said "...what? First of all, this table is nowhere near where I was sitting. Secondly, the inside is totally different. And thirdly, what if someone has put their jacket down and just left without taking it? That's more likely." But she didn't listen. She said she was going to take it, and I told her to put it into lost property, because someone could be going through the same thing I could be, but she obviously didn't see things that way.

To be honest, that last hour or two ruined the whole night for me.

ouch bad luck Jim that's an expensive suit to lose :sad: hope you somehow get it back.

When people are drunk, they are likely to not notice that they're not wearing their jacket. If you're lucky, they'll eventually wake up today and realise they have a voucher and word may spread over facebook. Did you take teh spare jacket? Use it for ransom!

You may've been complimented a lot, but I think the true lesson learned here is always ask the DJ first :P

Back to the jacket; I do hate it when you lose something and a whole crowd of people - people who know you - are right by it and fail to see a thing, or remember if anyone else sat there, or whatever. I lost a camera in a club about 5 years ago, despite it being placed in teh middle of a table in front of at least 7 friends located on all sides of the table. Fuckers.

Shiiit Letty, did you think 'oshi, this is it--'? Glad you're ok. I forsee a driving course "suggested" by the police in the near future.

Man I just drove down the A64 and M1 for 2.5 hrs, glad I didn't see this before I left or I would've been a nervous wreck.

I hate working saturdays.

I was about to "like" this, and then I realised this isn't facebook. I think that's a sign of spending waaaay to much time online.

Just had an interview with Primark. Haven't got the job officially but I pretty much have. She even said that she would have something to offer me.

So yeah only minimum pay (£5.20) but I'm more bothered about experience and hopefully can get a transfer to Aber when I go to uni.

In Northern Ireland for one year after the passing of a driving test, the driver is defined as a "restricted driver" who must not exceed 45 mph and must display an "R-plate" consisting of an amber sans-serif R on a white background. L-plates in Northern Ireland commonly have an R-plate as a reverse side. "R-plate" drivers are often viewed as a nuisance on motorways, due to their limited speed, resulting in many restricted drivers not displaying their "R-plates" or not keeping to the restricted speed limit. [2] [3]

Wow, that sounds ridiculous. Surely restricting you to 45mph on the motorway simply makes it more dangerous?

Are you allowed above 45mph while learning? Because I've been up to 70mph several times and I'm still learning. I would have thought that not being allowed to go that fast while learning would be counter productive, because you wouldnt learn how to go fast until your on your own. Or is it simply once you've passed and you're on your own? Still seems stupid too me.

A law I learned of recently: apparently, drivers under the age of 18 aren't allowed on the road past 10pm. No idea why, no idea what difference it makes, no idea how they enforce it. But apparently it's a law, at least here.