NEurope

so... i rrived for work about 15 mins ago... the first thing my boss says to me is HEY becky - ok i'm goin on my break now! you can handle the shop, right?

uhm.... i hope so...?

So i hate university, i hate seminar teachers especially

a day, a fricking day before my 25fucking00 word essay is due my computer dies, and by dies i mean hard drive dead. So i know i'm screwed, but i write anyway, my dept says no to extensions unless someone your related to dies or something. So i hand it in feeling like its the shitest thing in the world. And after my seminar teacher has marked all the essays he says he's never failed so many people before. And how bad some of the essays were. I felt like crap, knew i failed.

i got 60

hate everything, and i can't even vent my anger! its a good mark :'(

muahaha. i just forced a woman to try some sake while she waited for her take away maki... she liked it!

i like this job.

Today was...enlightening. I love when song lyrics sum up my exact feelings. "I don't know him anymore. There's nothing where he used to lie, the conversation has run dry, that's what's going on".

*Warning - boring high school drama*

Was sat down in the study room with Han chatting away, and it was like there was some form of invisible barrier between us and a couple of others. I used to be amazing mates with the guy, and now I cannot stand the sight if him. It's not as if he's changed...if anything, it's myself that has. He says something, and instead of doing the "Hahahaha" act, I just can't be bothered anymore. Everything he does, annoys me. He was sat there with this Muffin, and kept going "Omg, this is the best thing ever. I'm going to wait until so and so gets here and eat it infront of him. It'll be hilarious". Errr, why would that be in the slightest bit hilarious? Odd man. Then, he said some comment, and Han jokingly goes "Don't be such an idiot" and he gets all defensive, and during the following conversation I have, he's there on the otherside of the room whispering "Shutup".

So glad he cancelled on Ibiza, 9 straight nights with an incredibly un-funny closet case is not my idea of a good time.

So glad he cancelled on Ibiza, 9 straight nights with an incredibly un-funny closet case is not my idea of a good time.

Shall I cancel my ticket then?

Oh wait, you put un-funny. My bad.

Shall I cancel my ticket then?

Oh wait, you put un-funny. My bad.

PARADOOOOOOOX OOH SHIIIIIIIII

Spent all day preparing for the art exam tomorrow. I had to single-handledly clear out this guy's space to use (we can swap if need be), but he is never in class and it's a filthy, filthy dump. I found a family of earwigs or something. Manky beyond belief. Ugh. I need a space that had plug sockets though, and that I could black-out.

I THINK I'm doing a self-portrait thing, but I'm just...depressed. I've no no pieces really, and hardly anything in my sketchbook. I think i'll get a B. :( For the first time ever in art. Due to my own laziness/procrastination.

I still need motivating.

Seriously, i need to go and work out but i can't be asked to do so. How is this thought ever going to become realistic by summer (my summer goal/aka birthday is to lose 2 stone).

Still, may do it next week with some holidays and when the parents aren't here as such.

Other than that, i finally beat the original BK today and got frustrated when the final achievement became a fail for me.

I still need motivating.

Seriously, i need to go and work out but i can't be asked to do so. How is this thought ever going to become realistic by summer (my summer goal/aka birthday is to lose 2 stone).

Still, may do it next week with some holidays and when the parents aren't here as such.

Other than that, i finally beat the original BK today and got frustrated when the final achievement became a fail for me.

You need:

Lots of water

Will power

Eat only 2 small meals a day with no snacks, but make sure its something filling... like soup with vegetables or something.

It works! :)

So i hate university, i hate seminar teachers especially

a day, a fricking day before my 25fucking00 word essay is due my computer dies, and by dies i mean hard drive dead. So i know i'm screwed, but i write anyway, my dept says no to extensions unless someone your related to dies or something. So i hand it in feeling like its the shitest thing in the world. And after my seminar teacher has marked all the essays he says he's never failed so many people before. And how bad some of the essays were. I felt like crap, knew i failed.

i got 60

hate everything, and i can't even vent my anger! its a good mark :'(

Yeah, funny that. A lot of my friends leave it till obscenely late because they seem to get higher marks when they smash one out.

I got an overall 67 for my history module one year. It was a core module and it was my first year so I didn't even have to pass it and if I did, marks didn't matter. I revised the morning of the exam, rushed all the essays and didn't turn up to do the coursework presentation. Absolute farce.

Funny, though.

Then on another module, 'Issues in Post War Japanese Society', I spent ages on it. Got the highest mark in the class. She said it was almost publishable and I only got a F**KING 69!!!

WTF?!

Silly cow...

Edited by Daft

Somehow see pictures of blokes with six packs and tasty looking women. FEEL THE ENVY FLOW!

At least, it does for me. But I still never get round to doing anything.

You need:

Lots of water

Will power

Eat only 2 small meals a day with no snacks, but make sure its something filling... like soup with vegetables or something.

Lets see. I'm already drinking water, usually a litre or so a day maybe more sometimes.

I hardly ever snack, last thing i snacked on was some melon about 11am this morning.

I think out of all that list, its the will power i'm missing. I think if i put the same determination into this as i do other things, i may just do this.

I had my appraisal at work today, an opportunity i had planned to use to tell my Editor in person that im leaving at the end of May (its hard to get the chance on a regular day in the office). So we start the meeting and i find our Editor In Chief is sitting in. Odd, as he doesn't usually attend these things. Anyway, i was going to wait until the end of the meeting before saying anything, but my Editor asked me where i picture myself in 6 months. I had to answer that question so i just told him everything then, and it was so funny. Both of them were dumbstruck as they had no idea. They then tell me the reason the chief was there was because they were considering me for a promotion!

Am i gutted? A little. But i know in my heart its the right thing to do. Any position they could offer me would be fun and i know i would've loved it, and so do they, but the pay will never do, and thats the bottom line. I told them i was grateful but my mind is set on teaching in China right now. They seemed to understand and we had a big laugh about it. They thanked me lots and said how great i was, which is always nice to hear!

Maybe when i come back i will freelance for them, if they let me, which i think is a possibility as they both said they will still be there, but im not coming back to bournemouth or the job full time. What better reference could i have from them then that of a promotion offer too? Should help in the future :)

Good day really. I get a weight lifted of my shouldrs, and i get professional compliments :)

Edited by Jav_NE

How does one go about trying to publish an assignment exactly?

Congrats (kinda :p) Jav. A nice little ego boost at least eh?

Spent the day lounging around/doing a dabble of work. Then we went to Solihull to watch Coraline which as it turns out was in 3D. And a VIP screening so large reclining seats. Not bad for free :D Afterwards though we got lost in the shopping centre and used the loos then a cleaner came in and told us off.

A fun day but I realised since Saturday I've been doing something pleasing everyday and I don't want to get caught up in the humdrum of routine tomorrow. Although I am seeing my nan but most of the day will be uni work.

You need:

Lots of water

Will power

Er do not do that, it's really bad for you...

I'm on a diet at the minute, (Lost just over a stone in 5 weeks) and all the sites and doctors have told me eat 3 healthy meals a day and a snack in between breakfast/lunch and lunch/tea.

Eating 2 meals a deal is gonna do your body harm.

Er do not do that, it's really bad for you...

I'm on a diet at the minute, (Lost just over a stone in 5 weeks) and all the sites and doctors have told me eat 3 healthy meals a day and a snack in between breakfast/lunch and lunch/tea.

Eating 2 meals a deal is gonna do your body harm.

Yeah, just remembered something about how the body will go into "starvation" mode and not lose weight due to lack of said meal.

Eating 2 meals a day is perfectly fine for the body. I can testify to that. I rarely haver lunch and have a smallish breakfast and a decent dinner with very little in between. Doesn't do much harm and it has helped me keep my weight the same for the last few years although it has gotten slightly lower because of this. I'd say it's probably not the best way to go about losing weight or maintaining it but it's worked for me.

I concur, I sometimes don't wake up in time for breakfast so a cup of tea does me fine, tides me over til lunch [if I have it]

Hectic as shit. Been getting as much of my dissertation done as possible. Tidying up my programming, typing up the report, and getting some shit together for user testing tomorrow.

Should be another long slog tomorrow but I'm confident I can get it done early, submission date is Tuesday at noon, but I don't want to risk it, so I'm planning on submitting it Friday.

I find that having a girlfriend has made my mental faculties deteriorate. Why just this week, during a game of worms the only words spoken for one whole hour were cyclical utterances of "Fuck you buddy," "I'm not your buddy, friend," "I'm not your friend, guy."

Day was alright, got the train from London back to Manchester for the week so I can finally do some work, which isn't exactly working out well for me, being as now I actually have time to post on here. Which, in actual fact, I quite miss, since it is so much better being able to impose yourself and your bullshit on people in a situation where physical repercussions are out of the equation =p.

What is also not great is not being on facebook for a couple of weeks and then finding a naked picture of yourself on which everyone has commented. ALCOHOL AM PHAIL.

I worked solidly at school, then went to the gym after school. Worked out for an hour and a half. Got a lift home with a friend.

Went to the cinema to check when I was next working, and ended up going with Natalie and Calum for dinner. I'm now Natalie's life-coach, and have to get her to stop smoking and drinking.

After the meal, I went to see Marcello Marcello (alone, for a laugh) which was being shown as part of the Italian film festival. One of the best films I've ever seen (see Rate The Last Film You Saw thread).

Went back to Calum's to pick up my stuff, and ended sitting about with him for an hour, looking at clothes to buy on the internet. We then went for a chippy, and then went to American Hannie's flat and put her sock monkeys into lewd positions.

I got the bus home, and here I am.

Today was a pretty good day. I woke up at quarter past 7, but didn't get up til ten to 8. My housemate (Faye) was driving to uni at quarter to 8 in order to guarantee a parking space....but our lecture is at 9. I got the train down and casually strolled in. She was rushing around this morning and I was still in bed thinking "aahhhh...screw going in at this time."

I came home, and tidied the living room after our other housemate's birthday celebrations, and I lit my new candle which made the room smell lovely. Then, I put my bedsheets and stuff into the washing machine, and hung them on our rail as our dryer is a bit fucked.

Hehe, I'm a little house-husband. :D

Made myself tuna steak and chips for tea as I watched the football, and just spend the evening watching The Uninvited on my friend's laptop, which is a bit meh. The film, not the laptop, as his is quite nice.

Just spend the last 10 minutes wrestling with the duvet cover. Grrr, why are they so difficult to fill? :(

Also, I'm feeling really peckish, but I've eaten loads today...so I really should behave. I've been feeling a little boring lately, as nothing exciting has been happening. But, nothing bad has happened either, so maybe I should count my blessings.

Just spend the last 10 minutes wrestling with the duvet cover. Grrr, why are they so difficult to fill? :(
Yeah seriously what's with that!! I hate it when you reach right inside to pull the duvet to the top and you either bring both corners to the same corner, or you think you're done only to find the duvet twisted halfway up!

*shake angry fist and goes to invent a duvet cover that buttons up one of the long sides!*

Yeah seriously what's with that!! I hate it when you reach right inside to pull the duvet to the top and you either bring both corners to the same corner, or you think you're done only to find the duvet twisted halfway up!

*shake angry fist and goes to invent a duvet cover that buttons up one of the long sides!*

When it's twisted, that's what fucks it all up. Ahh, it's annoying really. I wish duvet's could just...fill themselves.

I have a headache, too. Need chocolate.

When it's twisted, that's what fucks it all up. Ahh, it's annoying really. I wish duvet's could just...fill themselves.

What you need to do is you turn the cover inside out, grab the corners of the duvet with your hands inside the corners of the cover, and then you can stand up and just let the cover drop neatly over it. Simples.