NEurope

But if I did that I'd have to lace each copy with anthrax — as anyone willing to pay money for such a thing would be better off that way — and I'd imagine that would wipe out my profit margin. Still, something to be considered should my baffling optimism give way to misanthropy.

No, because it would be called Aimlessly wandering, and jk rowling would personally sign it, not sure why but she would. Um got to sleep at 3, woke up, downloaded a comic thingy but its .cbr and i have no idea what that means =[

No, because it would be called Aimlessly wandering, and jk rowling would personally sign it, not sure why but she would. Um got to sleep at 3, woke up, downloaded a comic thingy but its .cbr and i have no idea what that means =[

http://filext.com/file-extension/CBR

Just been out to the post office, got a few funny looks, but just put on a big smile, stuck my tits out and swung my hips.

*Snip*

Heh, it could be said there is only one thing making me feel crap: me. And very efficient and well-versed in it I am too. It's not a talent that exactly spruces up one's CV, though.

Despite how my posts clearly come across, I'm not mindlessly moaning or seeking sympathy and attention; there are far more deserving people on here, those with real problems. If I don't think a post would be of use to or entertain someone then I won't type it, or at least delete it — ideally before it's inconveniently quoted. For all the advice I give out I'm terrible at taking it, so at the risk of sounding ungrateful people shouldn't waste theirs on me as I'll only squander it.

Anyway, your plan sounds like a good one, although I must admit I wonder whether you would truly go through with it. But I suppose that's irrelevant; the plan is for its own sake. I have ideas too, but I'm a methodical, boring person that always tries to make the most informed and 'best' decision: big decisions can be paralysing and take time to work through. Oh I can be spontaneous sometimes, sure, but I've already wasted far too many years. I don't want to be aimless any more.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. At least I've hammered home my anthrax point.

Heh, it could be said there is only one thing making me feel crap: me. And very efficient and well-versed in it I am too. It's not a talent that exactly spruces up one's CV, though.

Despite how my posts clearly come across, I'm not mindlessly moaning or seeking sympathy and attention; there are far more deserving people on here, those with real problems. If I don't think a post would be of use to or entertain someone then I won't type it, or at least delete it — ideally before it's inconveniently quoted. For all the advice I give out I'm terrible at taking it, so at the risk of sounding ungrateful people shouldn't waste theirs on me as I'll only squander it.

Anyway, your plan sounds like a good one, although I must admit I wonder whether you would truly go through with it. But I suppose that's irrelevant; the plan is for its own sake. I have ideas too, but I'm a methodical, boring person that always tries to make the most informed and 'best' decision: big decisions can be paralysing and take time to work through. Oh I can be spontaneous sometimes, sure, but I've already wasted far too many years. I don't want to be aimless any more.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. At least I've hammered home my anthrax point.

3 words...fix. your. avatar. :heh:

I walk heavy on delicate ground.

Oh, there I go showing off again.

Self-impressed by how well I can put myself down...

and there I go again, to the next further removed

level of that same exact feigned humility,and this

for me goes on and on to the point of nausea

I'm a mess, I'm a wreck.

I am perfect, and I have learned to accept

all my problems and short comings,

Cause I am so visceral, yet deeply inept.

^those two sets of lyrics often pop into my head when I read your self-deflating posts, Aimless. I'm not saying you're feigning anything, or showing off, but I think you might find some sort of resonance.

There's no need to feel ashamed for putting yourself first - no reason why you can't tell yourself that you are awesome, and you know it without feeling guilty about being egotistical. I mean, we all prefer ourselves to most other people inthe word because we are the only ones who deeply, truly know our flaws and dreams.

Human beings are strange individuals who, when given three months to write a 2,000 word essay, will nearly always leave it until the last 24 hours. Sometimes we forget to boil the kettle before we pour the tea - sometimes we forget that we've made a cuppa at all and fail to drink it before it cools down. We are flawed, and that is what makes us human, non? So it is human to feel both "argh why is my life so fucked up?" and "Argh, but it's not really that bad, other people have it worse, I should stop complaining".

It gets to the point where modesty or politeness isn't needed anymore. We've known you for a long time, and quite honestly if you just posted "I hate my life the way it is" we'd automatically tune in all the "even though I'm not in africa, i don't have aids; I don't want to kill myself blah blah blah" -- I think what I'm trying to say is that I don't know how to help your life (truthfully how many people here do know how to really help with anyone elses lives?), but I do know that you shouldn't feel guilty about feeling bored, down, upset, angry or whatever. That's just called 'denial' and won't help.

Well this has been a rambling, non-sensical post. I just woke up.

We are flawed.

Speak for yourself.

I just woke up.

That was a pretty awesome post considering TBH.

la la la ^^

Lol, spiteful? Anyways, Aimless, if you are whatever definition of depressed it was you gave yourself however many days back, do some exercise, it releases the same chemicals that them little pills do. Oh and i wouldn't worry about not coming off as some sort of self centered person, if you think your wasting peoples time, its theirs to waste as they see fit and you can't alter their desires now can you =]

+ its given me more of a reason to post :o

My auntie was admitted into hospital just before Christmas with jaundice, and it turns out she has a massive tumour which has been affecting her liver, stomach and other vital organs. It's terminal, and she's unfortunately deteriorated a lot over the past few days. Her son, who lives in South Africa, just caught a flight over yesterday and arrived this morning. Unfortunately she said something along the lines of "that's it" once her son gets here yesterday. She's gotten a lot worse today, my dad reckons she's about to die. :( I'm going over to see her as soon as my dad comes back from picking up her son from the train station.

Why is everyone trying to therapise me? Did I trigger some kind of silent alarm?

Anyway, there's really no cause for concern. I believe that problems are only as big as you make them out to be, and I'm not out to inflate mine as they really aren't important. I appreciate the concern — and that was an impressive post, jay¹ — but I'm... not a good person to try and help. Even when I was a kid I'd isolate myself when I was hurt, and nothing's really changed. I know it's annoying, but that's just me. (In a nutshell, some might say.)

I'm sorry to hear about your auntie, Tellyn. I know that's a pretty lame thing to say, but sometimes there are no magic words; all I can give is acknowledgement.

¹And a very cunning way to avoid writing that essay.

It was probably my fault aimless, I was just trying to cheer you up in my original post, not start something ott!

But I have improved your avatar, feel free to steel it back when it's more relevant!

Sorry to hear that Tellyn :( I wish your family all the best in these hard times. At least your cousin is going to make it to see her in time, i guess thats a small consolation.

Just got added by another girl I knew in high school..who has a little boy. Christ almighty..she was barely able to look after herself never mind a child.

It's quite scary how young people are having children, not because of the age itself but just because these people were never able to look after themselves in the first place. Never had the time to mature.

Apprently there's at least 6/7 girls with babies and a further couple more who already have babies on the way. *facepalm*

Days going pretty well so far. Didn't go out with the parents, couldn't be bothered.

Sorry to hear that Tellyn. :(

Why is everyone trying to therapise me? Did I trigger some kind of silent alarm?

We are your friends.

But I have improved your avatar, feel free to steel it back when it's more relevant!

I find your revision quite scary, to be honest. As in better-make-that-three-sleepless-nights scary. So I think I'll revert back to the original. (Which I'm sure was your ultimate objective anyway.)

We are your friends.

Sorry, I don't mean to come across as a dick. I'm just not used to it.

Really sorry to hear about that Tellyn :(

Just got added by another girl I knew in high school..who has a little boy. Christ almighty..she was barely able to look after herself never mind a child.

It's quite scary how young people are having children, not because of the age itself but just because these people were never able to look after themselves in the first place. Never had the time to mature.

Apprently there's at least 6/7 girls with babies and a further couple more who already have babies on the way. *facepalm*

Days going pretty well so far. Didn't go out with the parents, couldn't be bothered.

And the thing that really frightens me

Is that the people I used to love

Are turning into monsters

Getting married having babies

Telling me how great their life is

And how happy I would be if I could

Just be more like them

Its amazing isn't it really how many people seem to pop out little'uns when you're not looking.

Although somewhat related; im my dream last night Eliza Dushku gave birth to (an asian) child but she was busy...fighting crime or something (it may have been Faith/Echo) so I looked after the baby. And then I had another dream in which I was part of the Entourage entourage. TV has taken over my dreams.

You'll never be alone again ah aaaaaaaaahhh. My bad.

So come onnnnnnn!

(looks fun when Chair and paj do it ::shrug:)

So far today I have finished off my Godzilla assignment. Now time to finish off the Wall-E one. Just scrolled through it to jot down all the referneces to make the bibliography and granted I was on the phone so there may be mistakes but I've got 31 names written down :wtf:

Going to move the TV into my bedroom later for hardcore laziness! (plus its warmer in here anyway)

You'll never be alone again ah aaaaaaaaahhh. My bad.

My day is complete. :D(assuming I get my essay finished off as well)

So come onnnnnnn!

Make that double complete. :smile: (Still assuming my essay gets done.)

Sorry, I don't mean to come across as a dick. I'm just not used to it.

You don't, nor ever have, sounded like a dick. If you ever reach that status I may let you know (I'm well versed in 'Being a c*nt 101') but I don't see it happening. :smile:

Although this won't help, it sounds like you need someone to inspire you. My life would be completely different if I weren't lucky enough to come into contact with someone who gave me confidence when I had none, and hadn't had any for a long time.

Although this won't help, it sounds like you need someone to inspire you. My life would be completely different if I weren't lucky enough to come into contact with someone who gave me confidence when I had none, and hadn't had any for a long time.[/color]

Oh wait, that is what I was trying to do in my first post, inspire!

Oh wait, that is what I was trying to do in my first post, inspire!

It isn't something you can do through the internet.

Unless you were Jesus or something.

My day is complete. :D(assuming I get my essay finished off as well)

Make that double complete. :smile: (Still assuming my essay gets done.)

You don't, nor ever have, sounded like a dick. If you ever reach that status I may let you know (I'm well versed in 'Being a c*nt 101') but I don't see it happening. :smile:

Although this won't help, it sounds like you need someone to inspire you. My life would be completely different if I weren't lucky enough to come into contact with someone who gave me confidence when I had none, and hadn't had any for a long time.

I agree with this, except in my case I inspired myself. Just because im like that. But yes, you need to realise your inner awesome.

Just booked a hair dressers appointment for a few weeks. Didn't have I usually go for (as most people seem rather shit and miserable, particularly one girl I went to school with) but gave me "Fred, another top stylist" instead. Been ages since I had a hair cut. Got it just in time for Sheffield and birthday antics.

Oh yeah assignment...