NEurope

Do you know if they tried to get some or simply didn't bother?

Were they also on a sandwich placement course?

Got trashed yesterday, for finishment of exams:

26669_407987954230_583514230_4286359_5858610_n.jpg

37223_407988099230_583514230_4286373_2104416_n.jpg

I'm now severely hung over; I feel poisoned. I downed a bottle of proseco, then half a bottle of Champagne.

I'm packing up my things, to go hooome.

---

My 13 year old sister has a 15 y/o boyfriend, and it feels a bit "... ... I hate child exploitation, but I'm dealing with the facts of life". Also, she's now hanging around with 16 year olds from her drama studio, going to their parties etc, and although I've not spoken to her in ages, she blatantly thinks she's too cool.

That said, she is a stunning person, so it's easy to deal.

Wes; I guess it's a sandwich thing, but truthfully I don't know the specifics!

Ok, I just phoned up the finance department for the uni and I was told that in actual fact I am able to receive 50% of my student loan.

I'm not able to receive a grant, which I knew, and I don't need to pay a tuition fee.

The woman was just... wrong.

So I need to phone up again.

And... tell them... they're... wrong?

No one people hate students.

Just got my results...

59%, which is both :D and >_< at the same time.

:D because I have no retakes (a couple of my exams make me shit myself thinking I'd have to take time out of my placement to do 'em again)

>_< because 1 fucking percent off a 2.1.

EDIT: Though thinking about it, there's still some dispute over a question on one of the papers, so I may still get those extra percent :)

Edited by Twozzok

I was bored so randomly looked at pages of this forum years ago. We used to have way more threads back then. Even things that I wouldn't think were deserving of threads, at least it got peeps talking.

*sigh*

That's because the past happened over a space of several years. We've only got right now.

My day has been slow and quite surprising.

- Been in pain after having my wisdom tooth removed

- I got a interview for river island, but it's the day before I move out and it's all a big rush when I said in my application I couldn't do sod all til the 3rd of july, can't be sure if I can take it.

- Made some money at mums work either way.

Sad about the job, its 8 hours a week, if it's week days its perfect and its only in rotherham which is 20minutes away from my house in Sheffield, but they completely cocked up.

They originally sent me an email saying my interview was today at half 4, they sent the email at 3pm..haha so I rang up, the manager at rotherham told me they'd filled the positions, emailed hr and then got a new interview date.

Not really that impressed tbh, but we'll see, I have to manage a way to get to sheffield and get to the interview without wasting a lot of money like I did for that tattoo receptionist job..

I still don't understand what happened with the tattoo thing. They gave you an interview, in a car, while you were driving around for two hours? It's all confusing to me, as surely that's not what happened.

Told my boss today when I intend to finish work - Sept 17 is the provisional date.

I started in the department 3 years ago today. When I left my other team, I was quite sad. I didn't think it would bother me at the time. It wasn't until I was on my way home that it hit me.

This will probably be a repeat of that situation though I have more than a month this time to get used to the idea.

I still don't understand what happened with the tattoo thing. They gave you an interview, in a car, while you were driving around for two hours? It's all confusing to me, as surely that's not what happened.

Haha, no that's not it.

Basically they asked me in for an interview, so I went from home to Sheffield, which is 2 hours, to find I had to have just a conversation I could have had on the phone, then went back to home = 2 hours, they then asked me back the week later to do exactly the same thing.

So that's 8 hours of driving. When I called them up on the day they asked me to call I heard in the background somebody saying I hadn't got it but the receptionist was told to tell me to ring back anyway. I was fed up by this point and gave up.

:)

I'm a little bit happier now, mum gave me the money I've earnt during the week -270quid so I can afford to go to scotland and see the boy for the next 2/3months.

My day has been slow and quite surprising.

- Been in pain after having my wisdom tooth removed

- I got a interview for river island, but it's the day before I move out and it's all a big rush when I said in my application I couldn't do sod all til the 3rd of july, can't be sure if I can take it.

- Made some money at mums work either way.

Sad about the job, its 8 hours a week, if it's week days its perfect and its only in rotherham which is 20minutes away from my house in Sheffield, but they completely cocked up.

They originally sent me an email saying my interview was today at half 4, they sent the email at 3pm..haha so I rang up, the manager at rotherham told me they'd filled the positions, emailed hr and then got a new interview date.

Not really that impressed tbh, but we'll see, I have to manage a way to get to sheffield and get to the interview without wasting a lot of money like I did for that tattoo receptionist job..

Best day of the year ;)

Sorry about your lack of luck in job hunting. I do remember being in/leaving education, and how god awful it was getting a job! *hughug*

---

in other n00s my day was pretty dull. My lungs are getting worse as opposed to better. Not sure if the antibiotics are working. I'd like to have this out of the way for my orthoptic apt. If I need surgery and ive got a bad chest infection there's no way its happening. =(

Today has just been making phone calls and dealing with odds and ends.

Finally sorted my student finance after phoning up three times.

Got my money back from Microsoft for an XBox Live payment I didn't want (the woman I spoke to was lovely).

Sorted out some... other stuff.

Got some uni. feedback back.

Posted a bunch of crap.

Spoke to letting agency more.

Feels like a waste of a day just doing odds and ends.

I think I'll do some work tonight while listening to Seasick Steve.

Ah some good news, I re-jigged everything and I can go for that interview with River island. Eeee.

Now let's hope:

a. they don't want me working weekends (I told them this in the application, but they didn't notice my terms of when I could start so we'll see..)

b. Its good money. Imo anything over £5 :D

Just read over the last 5-6 pages of this thread...wow a lot has happened to people recently! It occured to me how out of touch with this forum I've been over the last few months, I remember posting on here loads, which is weird as I still browse but just need to get back into posting...

Last few days have been interesting. Met up with a few friends from School who are all second years at Uni now. Hadn't met any of them since around Summer 2008 and it was a pretty surreal experience; even though it's been only 2 years since I've not seen them, it was quite odd going from hanging with University people to seeing the guys I spent 7 years of my school life with and then suddenly not seeing them again. Was great though, we rented out a pool table and just chilled and talked, it's great catching up with old friends.

I've been getting back into working out which is going quite nicely :) Muscle were sore as hell at the beginning of the week but that was to be expected after I gave up working out at Uni for unknown reasons. Got work induction on Sunday (Hollister) so gonna just have a day off tomorrow and make sure I'm relaxed and prepared for it.

Today has been fucking dull. Man, it's the reason I hate being at home. I don't have any siblings and am skint as hell so really just feeling the effects of only having my own company. Hopefully seeing some friends next week though which should be nice. Annoyingly, I don't know when I'm seeing my girlfriend next as she works 11-8 every weekday until we head back to Uni and I'm gonna be working weekends :/

FINISHED MY EXAMS!! WOOOOPAAAAA!

They all went at least fairly well. The one I had today (Law Unit 4) was by far the hardest, but that's partly due to my Angevin History exam going so surprisingly well. Hopefully I'll have just scraped a low B in Law Unit 4, maybe making even an A overall. I was worried about my coursework for History but my teacher said I have nothing to worry about, though he's not allowed to tell me anymore, so I'm thinking it must have been quite good. Time will tell though. I need AB to get into my first choice (Southampton), I have a feeling it's going to be painfully close either way. For now though, I can relax a little and enjoy the summer :)

I rang work this morning to tell them I had to have lunch from 4:45-5:30 today (for "doctors appointment") and she said "can't you do it another time what if it's busy!?!" and I told her I couldn't. Was annoyed with her response but apparently six people rang in sick today because yesterday was pay day so fair enough.

But I seemed to have done a convincing job. The two women I directly work with said "you don't seem your usual self today" etc. I should blatantly get an Emmy (and begin my EGOT quest) for today's performance :heh:

However, at 4:45 I leave, rush to some toilets, change Super-man style, rush to the place and get there for bang on 5 when they said "we're running a bit late". Great. It was 5:30 before I even went in for the interview! Oops :/ Needless to say I was a tad late back but they didn't seem to care too much. I offered to stop on longer (unpaid) but they said it was fine. I was ill anyway ^_^

Tomorrow I'm going to Birmingham for a night out but not sure whether to return home, shower, change etc or take everything with me (sans shower) and go straight to my friend's house in a different town (where they're having a BBQ first) and just get the bus up (nevermind, it runs TWICE A WEEK!). Also yet to decide whether to get the last bus home (00:10) or stop out all night and do the first (6:something). Play by ear I suppose. Wish this shirt hadn't disappeared off the face of the earth, would be so apt for tomorrow. Ignoring the fact I'm actually going in much more formal wear.

Edited by Ashley

So I've been away for the past few days, anyone notice?

No-one? :(

Anyway, went to visit girlfriend, luckily she is only an hour and half away on train. Went to beach, she got really sunburnt I didn't weird.

Got results, got 2:1 in every exam, but only just not convincingly but its good because I can tell my summer placement people that I managed to be consistent and do good in everything so hopefully they offer me a job! Girlfriend got 69.5 which = first. Damn her being even cleverer than me! She said its because my degree was harder but I wasn't accepting any of her excuses to make me feel better even though I didn't mind she did better than me.

On Thursday, I baked a cake with her, it was edible :o Tasted good. Then we went to her boat, it was awesome, looks like I'm marrying her for her money now haha. Then we went to an Australian restaurant and I ate crocodile and kangaroo. It was pretty good actually, kind of weird because they were all new things I've never done before. I've been on a boat but never on a boat that was owned by someone I know and was actually very suave looking not just a little fishing boat!

tl;dr bolded bits tell you the interesting parts. I saw girlfriend. It was fun, now I'm back.

Fail day for me really.

Yesterday was the opening of the exhibition in our school, which runs today and tomorrow as well. I was actually expecting stuff to happen, like a speech or something, but nothing. Not that many people came either (weather too nice I think). Anyway me and my friend walked around there for ages, eating some of the weird snacks they placed around and drinking the wine they offered us.

Then after that there was an "afterparty" in a nearby building, but most people (me included) just sat outside. Sat there with my friend and we talked. After a while we went inside to find three other friends there. We danced a bit. More wine was had (now no longer free).

Walked my friend home, we were clearly a bit too drunk. Mom picked me up. Felt crappy in the car. Came home and up to my room. Tried to get changed. Managed to get sick in my sink quite a few times (from the wine or the snacks or all of it). Crashed on my bed and fell asleep/blacked out.

Then this morning I was supposed to go to school again, as there's some kind of jury from the newspaper coming around. 6 of us are selected for this (basically if you win you get a page in the cultural part of the newspaper). However I still felt very ill this morning and just had to keep going back to bed. Had to txt my teacher that I couldn't come. Probably blew my chance at "winning" this spot. Oh well.

So basically I got drunk, got sick and now regret getting drunk.

Stuck back in Sheffield - eurgh!

I came back to help a friend move and hang out, but now I'm bored and lonely, I'm regretting helping as I can't afford to go back home only to come back here wednesday. I wish I didn't get so wrapped up in helping people. Damnit. It's not her fault obviously, but damn I didn't think that 5 days might be a bit much.

So I'm stuck in sheffield, no one seems to be around, bleh. Is 8pm too early to go to bed..?

The past 28 hours have been godawful

My site's hard drive died and I had to cancel going to a friend's birthday party to spend the entire night fixing it :(

Now, I'm bloody tired and grumpy lol

Fail, Serebii! Bros before hoes, remember.

I prioritised. Birthdays come and go, and I can make it up by buying a round of drinks, but the site being down was a catastrophe

Are your friends aware of your status as an internet celebrity/Pokémon Master, or did you pull a Peter Parker?

You didn't mention thaaat, you just said your sister's....

Oh.

Yeah... With you now.

Are your friends aware of your status as an internet celebrity/Pokémon Master, or did you pull a Peter Parker?

They're aware, that's why they understand that I am actually quite insane.

Whenever I meet new people, I always try to keep it secret til I know them, since first impressions are important, but my friends have a habit of introducing me as "This is Joe, he owns the biggest Pokémon site in the world.".