NEurope

Spent the night at a maths "panic session", because we have a deadline tomorrow, and none of us know how to do the work.

Was in my friend Wen's room, and I've gained a friendship point - everyone else left slowly, until it was just us, and then we had great conversation and she told me her lovely history. Stunningly 21, where I assumed she was 18, and was the best at Chinese Literature and 3rd best at Politics in her whole school (which apparently had 4,000 students). And I asked her why she does Maths at university (she's not even that good at it), and she replied "I just really wanted to come to Oxford, and I knew English people are rubbish at maths."

Adds so much.

Sleeping with an ex is just a no-no, it's just not worth the stress afterward!

Too true :indeed:

we did break up for a reason and I can't really see it being different this time round.

Go with this thought.:idea:

Seriously its dangerous waters

Only trained players and the cold hearted can handle it fully :nono:

Is a bruise supposed to look that purple? Did it last week and have felt like I'm gonna pass out since Wednesday :/

It actually goes a lot gigher up than that, my camera work is shoddy.

Nice bruising, I give it 6/10 :o

It looks almost as sexy as the bruise I got from the last N-E Meet.

There is a better bruise?!? I wanna see!!!:eek::blank:

Nothing better than a good dose of bodily damage :wink::rolleyes:

Anyways

had a jam packed weekend with the missus :D

huge lols at missus spilling curry - aptly naming it the spice(y) rack :laughing:

went bowling for mates birthday - came last out of 7 peeps. :cry:I even lost to a cocky fucking 12 year old

and watching dvds galore - hellboy 1&2, alien trilogy, mad max and couple of batman films :cool:

Good Times!

Pr0 plan for tomorrow - alton towers IF get car back from MOT early enough (fingers crossed)

- Lots has happened

- Went to Ely for family do

- ... Nobody cares enough for me to make the effort to remember any of my last week

- Exam in 2 hours!

- Romanticism & C18th literature.

- Rape of the Lock! Evelina! The Rivals! Moll Flanders! Lyrical Ballads! Persuasion! I hate it all.

- Ex arrives as I finish

- Who knows what the future holds?

- Well, I want to go to Derby this weekend, so I guess I do a little.

- LAPTOP SHOPPING BEGINS TODAY/MORROW!

And by then, it is too late. The transaction has been completed. She has sold you the item(s) in question and there is nothing that can be done at this stage on her behalf, only yours (refund etc).

Not true. Where I work, due to the quirky system of paying-before-you-even-see-the-item, we can still ID the customer at collection point and, if they fail to provide proof, we have the right to withhold the item from them. It's something to do with the customer having to actually leave the store before the transaction is complete.

Not true. Where I work, due to the quirky system of paying-before-you-even-see-the-item, we can still ID the customer at collection point and, if they fail to provide proof, we have the right to withhold the item from them. It's something to do with the customer having to actually leave the store before the transaction is complete.

Depending on stores. I've been blasted by customers who have bought items of age restriction, payed for it and when the clerk asked for ID afterwards they told them to get stuffed as they paid for the item and it was too late.

Think my old manager told me this a while back as i wasn't sure at the time either. Guess it may vary on different types of shops.

Anywho

Wasn't a good night last night, well i say that. It was my mates 23rd and it started well (people buying drinks for him etc) until he had a drink which i'm not even sure what it was. It had baileys, alco-jelly, vodka, lime, lemonade, jacks and bacardi in the mix (looked like something that would come up after a night out to be fair). He necked that, then he had 6 1/2's afterwards. He managed 4 before he emptied his stomach quickly into a bucket (spent more time doing this than drinking to be fair).

Then the fun picked up more when a group of people decided to "borrow" a parcel trolly and a roll of shrink-rap from the cellar and wrap him to the trolly. It went well for 10 minutes until he couldn't breathe (he did shout this out, and i was telling them to stop). Then he went into a fit, banged his head on the bar and we had to un-do the wrapping to allow him air.

He was ok (ish) until home-time, then it was a mega struggle for him to walk. Not because he was drunk (well, not mainly) but because of chest pains. Somehow got him home (thanks to a mate and his car), he was in so much pain i called the ambulance for him. He went to the Gwent, i went home once i knew he was safe. Turns out from what i over-heard and from what he told me that he had a small/mini heart-attack (thats if i read his text corect). caused by vomiting and excess fitting. He seems fine now, just resting for the day.

Today has been a good day.

Went out with the best mate to town, handed in my c.v. to thou art, only to get recognised, which was flattering, but also gives me the advantage, love to get the job there!

Went for lunch, didn't spend any money that I didn't need too, woot.

I'm hoping my good luck carries to that job, but trying not to get my hopes up at the same time is hard..

Cleaned the house up a bit.

Got a rejection letter for postgrad funding (as anticipated).

Then got a rejection email from a job I applied for...one hour after applying for it.

But at least I got a nice email from one of my students.

And Katakana is causing a headache.

I need a bloody job!

booooh! Just came back from a cardiology appointment and it appears that my ECG wasn't "normal" needing to drag myself back there for an echo and a 48 hour ECG.....this sucks balls

I think its more because an adult can pay but a child could potentially be sent to try to collect it from the counter - the amount of angry parents you get complaining at you for making them come all the way over to get their kid's game when the irony is that they shouldn't even be supplying it to them in the first place.

But indeed, at point of payment, the minor in question won't have been supplied with the goods. As far as I recall it's the moment you put the game in the child's hand that you're basically fucked.

booooh! Just came back from a cardiology appointment and it appears that my ECG wasn't "normal" needing to drag myself back there for an echo and a 48 hour ECG.....this sucks balls

Time to get an EKG, G.

turk-745163.jpg

But really, that sucks. Hope it goes well.

The days seem to be going by too quickly for me. Can't get everything I want done. :nono: Or maybe I'm still in lazy mode and looking for excuses not to do things. The seems more likely.

Anyway, had to venture into town twice today. Once to get some brown parcel tape and then again to take a package to the post office. Luckily, I was in and out of the post office in 5 minutes but seriously, I don't know how the women who work there haven't melted because it's like a sauna everytime I go in there.

Got a bit of lunch and considered having a wander around the shops but decided not to bother as I'll probably go out properly tomorrow. So came home and spent some time playing Alan Wake, which is awesome so far.

Taking a few steps forward in certain places, namely in sorting out the house as I'm looking into redecorating and stuff, and it is looking likely that I'll be coming to the N-E Meet in July, so apologies to everyone going to that :p. Now to figure out what the hell to do with the rest of my evening.

Aww poor martin :(

*sends loves and good luck your way*

Today I smashed my head off my car boot door.. I think i'm a bit concussed haha. I don't remember most of my day :D

I didn't even think it was that bad at the time either o_O

Just came back from the Docs, didn't have too wait to long which is always good. Doc was a bit worried about a blood clot in my leg which was cutting of the supply of blood to other regions, hence the feeling lethargic. Got blood thinning meds to take for a week which should destroy it. Though she said if you feel any sudden pain down thee, phone an Ambulance immediately. Apparently I've also got low blood sugar, so I need to start whoring down some chocolate.

Pretty shocked at how something so innocuous can potentially be very serious.

Ouch, hope everyone with bodily problems (martinist, raining and jonst) get better soon! Get well hugs! :hug:

Today has been a pretty good day for me I think. Handed in my dissertation finally, after having it printed five times. Cost 100 euro though, urgh (the one copy in colour cost more than the four black and white copies combined...). But glad that's over with for now, just need to go and defend it in front of a jury in two weeks.

Didn't go to school 'cause I didn't feel like it/had stomach pains. So instead went food shopping with mom. Came home with lots of veggies, so we had a big salad with tuna for lunch. Yummm.

Did exercise in the evening. Apparently lost 1.3 kg in a bit over a week, despite pigging out yesterday. Score! =D

Tegan and Sara lyrics.

Although lord knows why.

You lot are saying that like its a new thing they been doing :heh:

Yeah but usually he does it at Paj while the rest of us remain blissfully unaffiliated.

I went gym today.

I went for a run this morning but I'm still feeling fat. :(

Need to get rid of this puppy fat around my waist in the next 2 weeks before I go on holiday!

I'm trying to read a book for tomorrow, but I'm feeling more and more sick after a night out in the rain in the weekend. I think I've caught a cold. I probably won't finish the book in time, so I guess I'll just have to say what wise things I can about it and finish it some other time. Boo. I should have read more at an earlier point so I could've actually finished it tonight.

Definitely made the right decision regarding the ex and not trying anything! She's now in a relationship which is a good thing as it makes me not have any decisions to make whatsoever and also the fact that I'm not that bothered about it is also good (apart from my heart racing, but that could also be because I logged on and saw I had 11 notifications).

WHAT?? Godammit don't die on me!

Stay positive! You know I'll be the first to give you mouth to mouth. Not sure what I'd do if you had a heart attack though. :/

Edited by gaggle64

Well, that was an unexpected and odd night at the pub...

Had a phone call a few hours ago that went something like this:

"Hey Will"

"Hey Steph"

"Any chance we can meet in Channies (the Union bar, Chancellor's) in half an hour or so?"

"Um, why?"

"I need to get out of the house, I'm stuck in my room as none of my housemates can look me or each other in the eye or talk to one another"

"What the hell, why not?"

"Well, you know the party we were having last Friday?"

"The one I missed because you after I'd been invited to someone else's birthday, yeah?"

"Yeah, well, it kind of turned into an orgy"

"Sorry, what?"

"It kind of turned into an orgy"

"Channies in half an hour, right?"

Several bi girls, spin the bottle on someone's bed and far, far too much alcohol, if you're wondering...