NEurope

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I honestly can't see how its going to substantially effect any part of my life.

And people hate it when I say that (probably) /think I'm ignorant.

Well if Lib Dems got in then you would have quite a bit more money.

You would think that, but any parties hypothetical policies are inevitably going to cave to the normativity of reality. Or at least it seems that way.

To be fair, it might just be because I'm not working myself, and I don't feel the impact in the same way as people who are actively involved in the economic sphere.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it hard to give a damn about turgid sack of shit we call "politics"? I just cannot find any single reason to care, sat in my room, playing Pokemon for hours straight.

So what you're saying is Brown and Cameron should engage in a Pokemon battle and whoever wins becomes Prime Minister? Interesting...

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And people hate it when I say that (probably) /think I'm ignorant.

We don't hate you for that. ;)

Rubbish night's sleep. Went to work. Quickly got bored and it was nice outside so left work. Went to some shops. Came home and phoned my dad (been a month since I've spoken to him and felt somewhat obliged to, although he clearly didn't feel the same). He said "you'll have to let me know when you're around and we can go for a drink", so I asked if I could join him when he goes to see my nan tomorrow instead. Saves spending time with just him.

And I made chips ^_^ First time I've made them from scratch (scratch in this instance is a potato). Turned out alright.

Oh and been asked to do a wedding in June. Just need to figure out how much to charge them...

And apparently we're not supposed to wear shoes today. Oh well, too late!

That doesn't sound right. Have you spoken to your boss about it?

My boss knows about it. I'm not employed through the Community Centre (where i am working) but i am through Newport City Council. I have notified them several times, be it through my boss or face to face. I had a meeting with them last week concerning the FJF (the program i am on, apparantly it helps people between the ages of 18-24 to get work be it part-time or what-ever). The people in quesion i had the meeting with didn't seem too fussed/bothered about it. One of them seemed angry, but they did dismiss it as they said my case was "unique".

Only had the contract last week, started 4 weeks before that.

- I got a huge tattoo in one sitting yesterday and my arm is actually killing me. Couldn't sleep, and I had to go to work straight after. Stupid idea! It looks awesome though even though its only half done.

- Also managed to make a start on an essay due next week, even though I've had about 3 months to do it. Bollocks!

- have been researching fashion industry and anorexic models and am feeling strangely curious because of it. Fucking imagery!

- DHRUV WON MASTERCHEF

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it hard to give a damn about turgid sack of shit we call "politics"? I just cannot find any single reason to care, sat in my room, playing Pokemon for hours straight. Makes me feel like a bit of philistine, but inevitably, should I care? I haven't felt any of the effects from political shift over the years, just found that my pack of Quavers has doubled in price in 8 years. But what the hell, I ain't that bothered.

I suppose it's only a matter of time though.

I'd probably care more about politics if they spent less time bickering like children in the commons and more time actually looking out for the country.

With politics every party will fuck you over, you just need to vote for the one that will use the most lube and hope that they will cuddle you after.

I'd probably care more about politics if they spent less time bickering like children in the commons and more time actually looking out for the country.

With politics every party will fuck you over, you just need to vote for the one that will use the most lube and hope that they will cuddle you after.

haha i like it!

At the end of the day none of them will solve world hunger, the credit crunch or the war, so its doesn't make a dang difference.

An instance of MEGA "..."age.

For example; the Digital Economy Bill just passed effectively means it will be alot harder to source things on the internet like music, comics, films and TV shows etc. Really annoying for us (young people that actually use/know about the internet).

And politics directly influences the amount of money you earn (You have the textbook type of job that should care about which party is voted in). It is pretty ignorant to say that it doesn't effect any part of your life.

For me, this election is massively important, because it will inevitably result in a step backwards for LGBTQ liberalism if the Tories/BNP get into power.

Just vote LibDem, and be done with it. It's just annoying for everyone else if you don't vote out of nothing more than apathy.

He didn't say it doesn't affect his life, he said he can't see how it does, which is fair enough. As others have said, parties just bicker about each other more than talking about what they plan to do to help people. I think, maybe, in his own special way he was asking for help/clarification.

My day just got better. Applied for 3 more jobs and found two new episodes of Party Down to watch :yay:

My day has been made immensely better by two things: one is coming second (and therefore a prize position) in the pub quiz I regularly go to when back home, and the other is... well, anyone remember about a year ago something on here/my Facebook about the boyfriend of a friend of mine threatening my sister with gang rape? Well, I have it on good authority (from someone unaware of the incident) that he has an embarrassingly small penis, which, whilst not unexpected, is very nice to know.

Oh, and I know it's horrifically bad for you, but I've got a new-found love in the form of lamb doner meat and chips. Post-pub, I have difficulty not finding myself in the kebab shop this holiday.

Right, time for an early bed I think! :awesome:

Today has just gotten a whole lot better!

I was offered a summer internship at KPMG, one of the worldwide "big four" firms in financial consulting!

Give me stuff to do in summer, and money, and hopefully a job offer by the end of it :santa::santa::santa::santa:

Today has just gotten a whole lot better!

I was offered a summer internship at KPMG, one of the worldwide "big four" firms in financial consulting!

Give me stuff to do in summer, and money, and hopefully a job offer by the end of it :santa::santa::santa::santa:

Nice one dude!! We lawyers should keep busy! :) I got confirmed for two place in Hong Kong!!!! mini-pupillage!! shadowing a famous defamation/ tort barrister and a criminal barrister /joy :bouncy:

Problem now is pushing through to the end of the year..

As for my day..

Woke up in good time, did my physio exercises! just finished my coffee and now buzzing to start my revision on...... Murder and causation...mmm !

Well done as well fellow lawyer! :p

I always enjoy a bit of murder and causation, rather fun cases involved despite. I don't mean murder is fun literally, I'm sure you understand. The 'R v White causation case was one of the first I was ever taught!

Who are the barristers you are shadowing? That's a great achievement!

Well done as well fellow lawyer! :p

I always enjoy a bit of murder and causation, rather fun cases involved despite. I don't mean murder is fun literally, I'm sure you understand. The 'R v White causation case was one of the first I was ever taught!

Who are the barristers you are shadowing? That's a great achievement!

Oooo R v White - causation sine qua non causation with a bit of inchoate thrown in... very interesting.

In terms of murder cases there is a stupid one R v Smith [1959] solider stabbed, mis-diagnosed, dropped multiple times one the way to the infirmary screams fail... lol

I personally looove the R v Miller case for Mens rea. Hobo fell asleep in a house whilst smoking... set the matress on fire and he woke up. Discovered that he had done that.. and moved to the other room to sleep more. lol...

or R v Roberts - girl leaps out of a speeding car to avoid sexual advances...

We used Smith for causation as well, in fact mainly for causation rather than murder.

I believe my law teach decided to let us act out where the doctor pressed on his stab wound and made the bleeding worse :p

All those other cases you mentioned classic.

What was the one with the lady who walked all the way to a petrol station and then back, set alight to the husband and said it was provocation (sudden and temporary loss of self control my ass :p) and got diminished responsibility...Ahluwalia?

We used Smith for causation as well, in fact mainly for causation rather than murder.

I believe my law teach decided to let us act out where the doctor pressed on his stab wound and made the bleeding worse :p

All those other cases you mentioned classic.

What was the one with the lady who walked all the way to a petrol station and then back, set alight to the husband and said it was provocation (sudden and temporary loss of self control my ass :p) and got diminished responsibility...Ahluwalia?

OMG I think I remember that! Think it was where she tied the husband to the chair and set him alight whilst watching and pouring petrol on him....

Yeah I think they read it quite strictly actually, where in one case a women went to the garden and got a spade wasnt allowed compared to one who went to the kitchen for knives.

They made a whole area of law for that! The "slow burn" / "battered wife" excuse. There was one where she put cyanide or mercury in his shampoo and he died very slowly from organ failure :S

Edit: yep right case name.. couldnt find anything about the walking to petrol but

"After 10 years she snapped, placed a petrol soaked blanket over her husband whilst he slept, then lit a match. He died of his burns 6 days later."

lol...

OOO I forgot ! I got a whole slew of favourites from my Criminal evidence course..

R v Sidhu - covert officier sold him explosives, he denied involvement with any sort of terrorist organisation and thennnn they discovered a video of him with in a promotional Khalistan Liberation Force video... lol pwned.

R v Smith (1915) - "brides in the bath" case. Defendant was accused of one murder but evidence was offered of two more.

Admission of this evidence followed similarly from the improbability that THREE different women whom he had married and made financial arrangements with!, had ALL drowned in a bath by "accident" shortly afterwards....

I love criminal evidence...

See, they were really interesting cases even on such a grim and dark subject.

Alas, I no longer do that!

Currently have- Equity and Trusts (eurgh), Land Law, Constitutional and Administrative Law and EU law, and Writing Skills which is a single essay through independent research.

zomg... equity.... I feel for you... Land law overlapping so it shouldnt be too bad (i revised the hell out of leases and mortgages for that), I've done admin but I cant remember it Xd, EU is a bugger aswell since the name are stupidly long...

I'm on Criminal, Crime and Society, Children Parents and State and Communication skills (interview and advocacy) XD

Edited by AeroScap

See, they were really interesting cases even on such a grim and dark subject.

Alas, I no longer do that!

Currently have- Equity and Trusts (eurgh), Land Law, Constitutional and Administrative Law and EU law, and Writing Skills which is a single essay through independent research.

An instance of MEGA "..."age.

For example; the Digital Economy Bill just passed effectively means it will be alot harder to source things on the internet like music, comics, films and TV shows etc. Really annoying for us (young people that actually use/know about the internet).

And politics directly influences the amount of money you earn (You have the textbook type of job that should care about which party is voted in). It is pretty ignorant to say that it doesn't effect any part of your life.

Pffft. Its pretty ignorant to ignore half the words I put in my post. :/

I stand by my stance. Whoever gets voted in it isn't going to substantially affect me in any way.

Its not going to affect the amount of money I receive dramatically, so what other examples do you have BOOOOMMM PPWWWNNNEEEDDD ETC.

Its true though. Its all fluff. Because I don't give much of a shit about anything apart from personal posessions, people and experiences. And TV Shows.

So if a party gets in that stop Comics, me seeing Claire and cutting Channel 4....I'd be pissed. I don't think thats gonna happen though.

I stand by my stance. Whoever gets voted in it isn't going to substantially affect me in any way.

Well if Lib Dems got in then you would have quite a bit more money.

So that doesn't affect you? (and that's just one example btw)

I commented on that in the same post you quoted. You're saying I'd get a substantial amount more?

Trying to get in school mode again ... which means catching up on some old assignments. My weekend's gonna be fun.

In other news, I'm enjoying the weather when it shows its more sunny side.

Congrats Fatty and Aero :) (and fatty, don't get fooled, he's not an Aero chocolate bar, you don't have to eat him!)

Lunch with dad and nan. Always a chore seeing my father. But over and done with for a month. Maybe more.

Also decided I want more hours in a day. Some people here seem to not do much with their days (fatty!) so can I have them? I am trying to draw a bit each day but the day escapes me. Tomorrow I have to (/would like to); do a bit of research work, draw, read, do some photoshopping, sort out my website portfolio, play pokemon, play around on Maya). Doesn't sound like much now but tomorrow will fly by and I won't have done half of that. Oh wells.

Some kid in Corrie looks like L from Death Note. Not that I was watching Corrie...

Finally, someone buy me these:

buzz_stoffpuppe.jpgwoody_stoffpuppe.jpg

Edited by Ashley

I need a job. I'm genuinely looking this time though. Usualy I just say that then never do.

Turns out I don't have a claim for unfair dismissal as I didn't have a years service at HMV. Therefore I get nothing, and no action shall be taken by me on my part, which kinda hurts.

Turns out I don't have a claim for unfair dismissal as I didn't have a years service at HMV. Therefore I get nothing, and no action shall be taken by me on my part, which kinda hurts.

Ah Dyson, what a load of cunts. *hugs*

Today I got back from the boys, I spent a good 3 days with him and it was awesome.

/end

Anyway, I've been freaking out today, spending 5 hours in the car gave me time to freak out. This time next year I'll be fully supporting myself, I won't have any help from the parents, I may not even be able to move back home. I have to make sure I find myself a full time job, a flat, etc.

Its just so real already, I mean a year at uni goes so fast and I just don't know what to do, where to start, what my options are.

:hmm: