NEurope

I just got an e-mail telling me I've got a place on the BA Filmmaking course at Kingston.

10yzwba.jpg

2hpngyc.jpg

tough_love70.JPG

I've been wrapped.

Congratulations Brosephine. Our (your) Power Rangers movie takes one step closer towards production.

Also I will allow you to do a movie about Comedy Rainbow, the title ; "Finding My Pot of Gold"

Six-part-two.gif

It was clearly God's will.

Congratulations Brosephine. Our (your) Power Rangers movie takes one step closer towards production.

Also I will allow you to do a movie about Comedy Rainbow, the title ; "Finding My Pot of Gold"

"Scraping The Bottom Of The Pot For Gold Until My Fingers Are But Bloody Stubs"

Starring Molly Ringwald, Eliza Dushku and Michael Caine. All playing you throughout various times in your life. Like that Bob Dylan film.

;)

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

Congrats Paj :) Told you you could do it ;)

I just left my phone in my jeans and put them in the wash. It survived though. Huzzah!

Well done Paj!

Ebay is pissing me off. Trying to sell some stuff but people won't pay nor reply to me! Bastardddddddddddddds

Work had only paid me for 2 out of the 3 full weeks that I had worked there. So, rang them up yesterday and they said "oh, but it says it's fine on our end, so it must have gone through." Despite me kicking their arse with the faaacts.

So, they rang back today and apologised, saying that the problem is with their payroll department. I just said "aww, it's not your fault, don't feel bad!" whilst at the same time thinking "Knew It!"

Checked my account, and not only have they paid me my wages, but they've put me up to the next hundred. So, instead of getting 335, I've been paid 400 quid for that week! Hahah, result!

In addition to that...

I'm Out Of My Overdraft!

All that work has paid off, literally. Feels good to look at my account and think "yes, that money is now MINE." Thanks for the help, TeeeEsssBeeeee.

Also, forgot to say: Well Done, Paj. Good job that man.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Congrats, Paj.

Although I say it with some envy because I was today told I cannot take an A-Level course at college because I'm "too old" - It was for 14-19 year olds only. That means I would have to look at adult courses but, alas, they don't have what I'm looking for...

Fuck's sake. Can't get a job for love nor money, can't even go on a college course. Give me a fucking break, somebody!

Work had only paid me for 2 out of the 3 full weeks that I had worked there. So, rang them up yesterday and they said "oh, but it says it's fine on our end, so it must have gone through." Despite me kicking their arse with the faaacts.

So, they rang back today and apologised, saying that the problem is with their payroll department. I just said "aww, it's not your fault, don't feel bad!" whilst at the same time thinking "Knew It!"

Checked my account, and not only have they paid me my wages, but they've put me up to the next hundred. So, instead of getting 335, I've been paid 400 quid for that week! Hahah, result!

In addition to that...

I'm Out Of My Overdraft!

All that work has paid off, literally. Feels good to look at my account and think "yes, that money is now MINE." Thanks for the help, TeeeEsssBeeeee.

Also, forgot to say: Well Done, Paj. Good job that man.

Yayy! High five man!

I just recently went into my overdraft, gaaaah. =(

Its payday on monday though wooo

Yayy! High five man!

I just recently went into my overdraft, gaaaah. =(

Its payday on monday though wooo

Apart from briefly being out of my overdraft when my student loan arrived, and for about 2 weeks before I then blew alllll my money on seeing Ine for the first time in Paris, I have been in it since the second year of uni. It was a four year course and I finished a year ago! So, I thought I'd be skint forever.

Wooo for Paydaaaaaay.

Another lovely day at work finished. And yet another day without knowing when NCC will sort my flipping pay out. It's been 3 weeks (nearly) since i started, and i havn't been asked for my P45, nor have i been asked for my Bank details and nor have they sent me a "Starter" pack.

I hope they pay me a bit more, as an in-conveniance really.

Today is weird; Woken up from a dream about the ghost of Album Dumbledore, who helped me fight the ghost of Herman Melville by summoning historical writers - pokemon style - in a dialogic battle of wits for my brain to finally comprehend Moby Dick, by the mouse that lives under our bed. I think its getting fat.

In addition to that...

I'm Out Of My Overdraft!

Bet it feels good - well done!. If I hadn't gone on holiday last year and if I weren't going skiing in a weeks time I would be out of mine too, but as it happens I'm not and it's pretty much maxed out at 2 grand. However, I've got a huge paycheck coming in and the end of the month and student loan which will take big chunk of that out which is awesome. Been in mine since the end of first year and my goal is to be rid of it by Christmas... However that deadline keeps on getting pushed back as more stuff comes up.

I'm not really that worried about it though as my job is pretty stable in how much I earn (this month I'm earning double what I normally would due to me covering loads of lessons cos another teacher broke his foot and can't go in the pool).

And does anyone else think that the "thanks" on NE is fast becoming the "like" of Facebook.... I definitely use it in that way. "Thanking" the most inappropriate things etc.

Also would it be frowned upon to run down to the wee corner shop wearing just a towel to buy myself some Irn Bru?

Today is weird; Woken up from a dream about the ghost of Album Dumbledore, who helped me fight the ghost of Herman Melville by summoning historical writers - pokemon style - in a dialogic battle of wits for my brain to finally comprehend Moby Dick, by the mouse that lives under our bed. I think its getting fat.

That's awesome.

My dream was less interesting, but it was alot filthier so... :hehe:

IMGP3575.jpg

Close?

That's awesome.

My dream was less interesting, but it was alot filthier so... :hehe:

Dan, your mind is a portal to enhanced filth. I'm not sure I like the idea of you working in the Magazine industry. I can but guess at the subliminal fecal fecundity that will slowly dawn upon us until we're all flinging ebola infected poo at each other.

TOO MUCH ESSAY WRITING. MY BRAIN IS A SCATALOGICALLY OBSESSED MESS.

IMGP3575.jpg

Close?

Rez, that may just be the best thing you've ever done! I especially like how (presumably) Moby Dick's back half is a boat rudder, although I can't particularly distinguish who is who? Caption time!

Edited by The Bard
Automerged Doublepost

Blah Blah Blah, skiing, blah blah.

Where you going?

I'm in Val d'Isere for my last day today. The snow and wind is so strong and the visibility is so dismal (goggles got full of snow instantly) that only 2 out of 5 of us went up did a few runs and then came down!

Lovely week though :)

Havn't properly started work yet. Had to wait an hour and a bit before i could get into the office because of a meeting (something to do with finance, bores me). And it is nearly lunch-time as well, which is all good in anyone's eyes to be fair.

And it is nearly Easter as well, which not only means 4 days in work next week, then 5 off and 3 in (lovely Easter break i think). I get to eat some Chocolate, haven't had any since the day before Pancake Day.

Today I finally handed in the Computing project I've been working on since December. The actual program is just a Visual Basic port of Space Invaders, but all the documentation that goes with it was boring as hell and took bloody ages. The final print out is 56 pages long.

Got the weekend to finish writing up my Physics investigation aswell, which is gonna be around the 40 page mark. Kinda pushing it time wise to have it done by Monday at my current workrate, still have a full experiment (about 8 pages of the 40) plus bits and bobs of the others to be done, then the final evaluation. Of course despite this I'm still going out this afternoon, tonight, tomorrow afternoon and possibly night, and Sunday afternoon. Like I said, current workrate and all that.

And does anyone else think that the "thanks" on NE is fast becoming the "like" of Facebook.... I definitely use it in that way. "Thanking" the most inappropriate things etc.

Also would it be frowned upon to run down to the wee corner shop wearing just a towel to buy myself some Irn Bru?

I always thought that was the intended use for it.

And no, not in Scotland. Hell, if its for Irn Bru, you could get away with doing it naked.

Where you going?

I'm in Val d'Isere for my last day today. The snow and wind is so strong and the visibility is so dismal (goggles got full of snow instantly) that only 2 out of 5 of us went up did a few runs and then came down!

Lovely week though :)

I'm off to Meribel a week tomorrow. First time staying in Meribel but I've been to Val Thorens quite a few times and gone over to Meribel a couple of times just for the afternoon.

I've been to Tignes before and went over to Val d'Isere but I can't really remember what it was like over there. I can't stand it when the visibility is like that makes for really hard skiing and that's when injuries happen. Can't see any bumps at all on the piste and easy to go over!

And no, not in Scotland. Hell, if its for Irn Bru, you could get away with doing it naked.

Haha, I reckon I would've been fine. It started raining so I scrapped my plans.

Edited by Charlie

Didn't get to say it yet, but well done Paj!

And well done Jim for getting out of the overdraft heh. =)

I just got home from a very stressful day in school. Presentation day for our master project and dissertation. I such so very very much with presentations, my entire body freaks out. =(

No idea how the presentation went. I thought everything was pretty clear, and that I had improved it a lot since the last presentation. But they had soooo many questions and so many comments that I really don't know how I did. And when I compare my work/progress against some other people's, I thought I did better than some of them, yet they didn't get as many questions and comments. =/

*doesn't want to fail again*

That's probably because what you had to say was far more interesting; the whole point of presentations as our seminar leader tells us, it not to give a holistic argument with a clear end point, but rather to provide a stimulus for discussion and further exploration of a topic.

The best I've ever done in a discussion is when I've completely stopped moderating my own speech and just saying whatever comes into my head and then just letting people react to it at the end.

Although it might be a little different for you considering you're doing a different subject.

Inevitably; Chill! Nothing will ever be done if most of your considerable brain power is spent worrying!.

Yeah I know worrying doesn't help, but I just want to pass this year, and so far it doesn't seem like I'm doing too well...

I don't know if them asking lots of questions is good or not. Always feels like they're trying to ask things which I can't answer (properly), or start commenting on things that aren't really that relevant to my project. Meh.

Also, they said I should work on typography (I even said that myself, why repeat it?) and talk to a graphic design teacher... To which I replied that I already sent him a mail this week, but he apparently hadn't even checked it yet. -____-;

Anyway, time for some rest! Feel exhausted.

Just found out Nujabes died last month :cry:

Famous people I like now down to one.

Just found out Nujabes died last month :cry:

Famous people I like now down to one.

I'm still here :)

Sarka came to visit last weekend! Here's a montage of photos of his face.

26722_423361394166_612179166_5220498_8153290_n.jpg

ALSO.

I'm not allowed to give blood, but have always been fascinated by the process. Sooo, I went with my chum when he went to give some. Then I discovered I have some kind of needle/blood phobia I never knew about! I was practically fainting and he was totally fine with a massive needle in his arm! It was so sick. Just loads of people lying about with blood everywhere!!! UGH! I felt like a jelly! Could hardly walk or anything haha. I had to have a biscuit after. Traumatic.