NEurope

Yeah, it would be fantastic but then the cost starts rocketing up. :(

It's already looking pretty pricey.

Yeah I can imagine, how much roughly would you be looking at to take the train the whole way?

Depends how we go about buying it. If we buy the tickets there, about £450 (Moscow - Beijing). However, it's slightly risky because there might not be any tickets.

The issue here is just how likely that is because if that means we might have to stay in Moscow for a couple days, that's cool. I really don't like Moscow but I can deal for a couple days. If it's longer, then we have to buy it in advance.

It's all a bit complicated.

I'm not sure how much a European leg would cost.

I'm not sure how much a European leg would cost.

Ask Heather Mills.

Sorry.

I'm thinking it might be easier to just fly to Ulaanbaatar, spend a couple weeks there, and then train it down to Beijing.

The logistics are hurting my mind.

A pack of free jelly beans = absolute win!

Edited by Cube

Looks like the forum's reboot has deleted my entire shit day yesterday!

Today I've been campaigning to get my housemate elected for a full-time paid job at the student union. We've got 4 of us wearing t-shirts I DESIGNED walking around, 50 of the posters I DESIGNED all over the place and a couple of awesome signs WHICH I DREWKINDA which have been called 'scary'.

I also popped over to the job centre to Sort Shit Out. They gave me a phone number, the phone number said "ha, no. You can't have any money" so I went to the finance office to get an envelope to send off the latest form, and I FOUND OUT that I CAN APPLY FOR FULL TIME STUDENT FINDING! I was initially told, back in august, I'd have to finance myself, then I was told I could get a part-time grant to cover fees but I'd have to work to live... NOW I've been told that I can apply for the maintenance loan of £2000+ as well as the bursary. These things mean that my bills will be covered, my rent in arrears as well as the rent 'til the end of the contract. AND the sum means I'll be able to clear a chunk of my overdraft as well.

This is such a contrast to my yesterday, which 'ended' at about 5am passing out after an allergic reaction, afraid of falling asleep in case my throat closed and I'd never wake up.

Not even home yet - still at uni with Doug campaigning - I had teh genius idea of dropping in on the society meetings tonight, as his role is to do with them, so we've done DRAMA and now we're doing LGBT. Waddanight. When I get home it's reheating the beef pasta bake which may/may not have been the source of my reaction. I guess i'll find out!

Edited by Supergrunch
unintentional merged doublepost

So important it was repeated :P Glad to hear things are looking up.

Today hasn't been really much of anything, I didn't make it to class like I wanted, I've not been sleeping well recently, last night was awful, I've not had a nightmare like that in quite a while! Pah. Chavvy neighbours have gone from being loud at 4am to being loud at 8am, which could possibly be seen as worse.

Got shopping done, cleaned the room, generally did stuff when I should be doing uni work. Losing will to do said uni work, distracted by looking at flats for 2011 and the possiblity of doing mART, which in actual fact I can't be bothered to do. Woe is me.

My day got deleted too! And I'm not gonna repost my boy troubles haha

I do feel LIBERATED though! Whole day of drawing and getting dirty at uni. Nothing feels better than sitting in a studio from 9-4 and having an awesome result at the end.

Less money troubles for my J-Dawg? awesome-o!

In Design continues to terrify me. Making progress though. I just wish more and more that I had any idea about font styles- i can't do it by eye or knowledge at all so I'm literally flying blind now and it's only something I can grasp over time and experience- but I need to know now!

Ah, I did both squash and aquagym today and now I feel soooooo tired haha. It's good to be doing exercise though, kinda missed it the last few months. =)

Because of all the sport stuff though, and faffing about on the internet, I haven't really done much for school. Oops. Gotta work hard the next two days for my presentation on Friday. Stressssss!

Should work now but feel too tired heh.

Spend most of morning listening to lectures about child abuse so funs was had...

Started talking to a friend about possible going and check out the recent volcanic eruption, pretty big stuff going as it is connected to the most dangerous volcano here.

Really want to see this as this is stuff that happens maybe every 80+ years.

Bought a new coat today, one of them waterproof ones. It is also a storm-proof one as well, so should be excellent for my travels this week.

I'm just sitting in my bed, typing with one hand because the other is over my mouth, having watched American Beauty. Genuinely too shocked by the relevancy.

It is too short,

The day we are born we commence with our dying.

Trying to serve with the heart of a child;

Kingfisher, lie with the Lion.

I'm just sitting in my bed, typing with one hand because the other is over my mouth, having watched American Beauty. Genuinely too shocked by the relevancy.

It is too short,

The day we are born we commence with our dying.

Trying to serve with the heart of a child;

Kingfisher, lie with the Lion.

Oh my god, you're actually right! No one else ever has any kind of strange relationship apart from you! Jeez, that film has 'people' in it, it's so about you!

Oh my god, you're actually right! No one else ever has any kind of strange relationship apart from you! Jeez, that film has 'people' in it, it's so about you!

Excuse me for having a reaction to a evocative piece...

What's the point in art if you can't use it to draw parallels with your own life experiences?

Edited by chairdriver

My day got deleted too! And I'm not gonna repost my boy troubles haha

I do feel LIBERATED though! Whole day of drawing and getting dirty at uni.

We all saw it. But please let me know your result.

Getting dirty... get footage.

Yesterday

Went to London. Was meant to meet Jodie but she was too busy taking her clothes off for money so hopped around the tube for a while. Went to see this exhibit (thinking it closed yesterday but its 23rd May, not March) which was awesome. For those too lazy to click here's a pic:

iyh6c3.jpg

There's motherfucking birds on this motherfucking guitar!

And then met up with Jodie and went to go see fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.! Nearly ended up backstage as we got lost. Started speaking to some Italian girl and she gave me a meet and greet pass and I was ecstatic. Few hours later fun. came on stage and played. It was so...warming? It felt so lovely and intimate (anyone whose been to The Social knows its like a corridor, in fact "the toilet is behind the drummer" sums it up) and like a big sing along.

I caused a giant confusion buying a t-shirt with, as it turns out, a member of the band. I'm shit with faces. Felt like a douche not recognising. Anyway, wonderful little set then once they had packed they stayed around allowing chatted to everyone (thus the ticket was moot really). I've not been to many gigs but I was surprised with how...on your level(?) they were. I ended up just casually chatting to someone I've idolised and whose work has inspired me for years. It was bizzare, but wonderful. Got a round of signatures and left them to go home.

24707_378677011492_536116492_4094417_3959782_n.jpg

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

:D Hope more vids (and vids with actual vids) pop up.

I wish I asked more questions but I wasn't expecting face time. Hopefully can do the same on Saturday when I see them again. If not May, as apparently they're coming for an album launch tour (I love how everyone knew all the words for an album that wasn't even released here).

And then today I wondered around London for many hours. I normally am with someone in London so don't pay attention to where I'm going but I know a few areas dotted around, was nice to connect those dots today.

Edited by Ashley

Was meant to meet Jodie but she was too busy taking her clothes off for money

You mention this today and it's payday friday. This can't be coincidence.

Today all the people from work and I went for a curry night. The usual "I'm totally hard and can handle the hottest thing there" discussion ensued. Me, my boss and another person who does the same job as me all had the vindaloo. It wasn't that bad, but my friend sat there with watery eyes. It was awesome. My toilet is soon going to look like someone put a firecracker and an easter egg down it though.

You mention this today and it's payday friday. This can't be coincidence.

Today all the people from work and I went for a curry night. The usual "I'm totally hard and can handle the hottest thing there" discussion ensued. Me, my boss and another person who does the same job as me all had the vindaloo. It wasn't that bad, but my friend sat there with watery eyes. It was awesome. My toilet is soon going to look like someone put a firecracker and an easter egg down it though.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, I'll get my Mum to make you some of her Curries. She has a huge thing for chillis, garlic and ginger. She hasn't really made one for a while, but she is definitely someone who can handle her spices.

Started talking to a friend about possible going and check out the recent volcanic eruption, pretty big stuff going as it is connected to the most dangerous volcano here.

Really want to see this as this is stuff that happens maybe every 80+ years.

Man, I'd love to go and check that out, that's the 1km long fissure volcano that's opened up isn't it. I feel my geology geek urges rising.

Anyway today I got rejected for yet another job, which now makes......I don't know, I've lost count. At least they had the courtesy to write and tell me though, so that's progress of a sort.

I just got an e-mail telling me I've got a place on the BA Filmmaking course at Kingston.

10yzwba.jpg

2hpngyc.jpg

tough_love70.JPG

I've been wrapped.

Man, I'd love to go and check that out, that's the 1km long fissure volcano that's opened up isn't it. I feel my geology geek urges rising.

That is the one.

Stuff like this is a once in a lifetime situation, especially since this one is nearly always connected in the eruption of the most active volcano in Iceland which is about 40 years due since it was supposed to erupt.

Grats Paj.

Past couple of days have been abit of a waste, I've not actually gotten round to doing all that much, besides my essay. Well I say essay, but really its just two game ideas waffled onto Word.

Happy though, the other half has got me a Playstation 2 for my birthday :grin:, bit early given my birthday is in June, but I was itching to play Final Fantasy X so he got me one, eeeee. :love:

Still incredibly sore from airsofting, its abit dangerous because I stupidly told the other half I like it, so he wants to take me again, OUCH!