NEurope

Gah I'm soo hungry but my housemate has loads of people over for pre-drinks. They won't be leaving 'til 8ish either. (They better not stay any longer than that.)

- Played Rockband.

- ... Until Shorty's xbox could not handle the awesome any more

- Played cards

- slept on sofa bed

- Played pool

- Ordered a meat feast - came with TWO slices of pepperoni, TWO bits of chicken. Disgrace

- Half-ill. My left half.

so first day at my new job went well. training facility is a bit out of the way but it's not THAT bad.

strange girl who we met for the first time today made everyone feel awkward she was saying about her aranged marrage "we still arnt in love, but the sex is great. we've been married 9 years and still go at it like dogs." i was rather shocked.

- Ordered a meat feast - came with TWO slices of pepperoni, TWO bits of chicken. Disgrace

God tell me about it. I fucking hate Pizza in this country. Apart from Papa Johns (but there isn't one near here) its fucking ridiculous. Papa Johns is the only one that is truely delicious.

Dominos is good, but its still shit compared to Papa/American. I hate the topping mentality.....like I ordered a triple pepperonni once from somewhere....but there was two slices per slice....so.....does that mean that on single pepperonni you don't get any?

I had one of the worst days of work ever. Was horrible. Two morons wanting to speak to a manager because they couldn't answer the security questions (and then the managers just talk to them anyway completely undermimin us, but if we did it we'd get "breached") also I hate how an "error" is made into such a MASSIVE deal. Called a "breach"

And had morons all day. Ended on some idiot on a muffled line speaking ridiculously quickly. Said repeatadly "You're speaking incredibly quickly and the line is muffled, I can't hear a word you're saying."

But thats fine.

Chat Roulette is fun.

Etc.

Tellyn and I had our good weekly 24 convo last night (we watch 24 and text each other all episode) we simultaneously texted "Table to the face" at one bit.

:D

College was fine, did a really bad talk about my final piece, chatted to my tutor, went home to start filming (my fim is set in my bathroom). But then just watched Buffy until I went to a friend's house where he gave me a tripod and Final Cut express. I enjoyed.

Then I joined his family for dinner (my favourite family. His sister is unbelievalbe charismatic and unique, like her personality and being isn't infulenced by others or pressure to appear a certain away. Yet she's still beautiful and popular etc. And his mum and dad have too much to say about art and film and life.)

Started watching Nine, was really "...", then watched Glee, which was actually one of the funnier episodes. I still love Sue and hate everything else.

This new job isn't that bad, it's slightly repetitive, but that's remixed by all the lovely names you get each time. And I'm amazed that the amount of New Look cards I'm giving out are for the over 50's. Also amazing that people can expect to get one when they're unemployed. As soon as they tell you, your heart sinks, but you have to carry on to the end, only to tell them you can't process them and you'll send them a letter.

But there still is a pimpsmacking element thank God, beatdown can still be given but in a financial manner. Someone can't use their card, they ring me.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"I can't use my card"

"Ok... *checks* It seems you haven't got enough credit to go through with this transaction."

"But my Mum paid my balance off last month, she paid £135 [ish]"

"Ok *checks* But you made a purchase of £118 six days later."

"Oh... yeah. Bye"

Love it.

Not sure where else I can put this since ReZ is an elusive creature coming out of the darkness of insanity simply to look at this thread from time to time so hopefully he sees this.

I saw this and thought of ReZ. You should feel honoured!

tumblr_ky9awlOMHH1qzqvm2o1_500.jpg

Apparently its lego. Its a monster.

Today I was planning on doing lots of work for school.

So far I played a few hours of Spirit Tracks and went to the doctor for vaccinations against tetanus and diphtheria. Such a productive day. =P

Oh and I signed up to go give blood on Monday. First time I'm doing it so I'm a bit excited (why I don't know haha).

Day off today. :)

Got up had breakfast, decided to walk the 3.3 miles to my Nans, stayed and chatted over lunch. Started to walk back and jumped on bus because the snow was annoying and I had a heavy bag with me.

Got home, going to change my bedsheets and then at some point pop over to Tesco.

Possibly see a movie later:hmm:

Also while at my Nans had the company I rent my flat off ring me up. They wanted to come around to check my flat out tomorrow, I said I was working but could make it today. They said they could let themselves in. I said no,

I want to be there while your looking around-there is no way I'm having some stranger poke around my flat even if they do work for the landlord company. They rang in back and we agreed tomorrow before I start work-since I'm working a late shift. But I have to say the guy on the other end of the phone was totally clueless and sounded like a right nob.

Edited by Gentleben

Not sure where else I can put this since ReZ is an elusive creature coming out of the darkness of insanity simply to look at this thread from time to time so hopefully he sees this.
I'm sorry what?? Are we talking about the same Rez?

I was joking. Not funny I know but I couldn't think of any thread other than this that I know he looks at for certain without fail. Apart from the hot person thread.

I saw this and thought of ReZ. You should feel honoured!

tumblr_ky9awlOMHH1qzqvm2o1_500.jpg

Apparently its lego. Its a monster.

Yeah its fucking crazy. It was posted on my "Site I use for LEGO news" so I saw it a few days ago, but the detail is fucking jaw dropping.

4368509780_78fc1f82c2.jpg

The more I look at it the more I see Mortal Engines traction city.

Really good book BTW, you should read it ReZ. Feels really well imagined, like it could be made into a comic book really easily.

mortal-engines.jpg

- Woke up noice and oirly

- Got put in a group for a uni project

- The group have exceedingly low expectations

- They want to do a 'murder mystery' which is what everyone else is going to do (heard another group saying it, too)

- I want to be all abstract and trippy and shit

- I technically just did the assignment in about 30 mins

- Blates going to get a shit grade

- Tuesday Club tonight!

- UFC 16 and MW2 'til then

- And Pasta

- Maybe takeout

anouther insight into inappropriate girls life "ive given birth twice, it really isnt that bad. i didnt even tear!"

there was a look passed between some of the group, then a girl laughed and said my face was priceless, much laughter.

i smiled at a girl on the train as i went home, she recoiled in horror.

not a good day to be me.

I just made a week's worth of vegetable soup while listening to the Men In Black theme tune on a continuous loop, 'cos you never quite know where the MiB is at, uh, yeah.

- They want to do a 'murder mystery' which is what everyone else is going to do (heard another group saying it, too)

Another? Let us know it goes.

EDIT: Just checked my bank account and I've had my wages paid in [w00!] but tis £180. Calculating my hours I should get around £245. I know there is tax and NI etc, but surely not taking off this much... I'm hoping it's a business week thing, like it starts on X and I joined at Y or something.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Just woke up from a nap I had by mistake...I don't know why but whenever I fall asleep for short periods during the day (i.e I'm not going to bed) I always wake up and feel like death. Headache, general pain etc.

If you're supposed to get £245 for the week before tax then £180 after seems about right.

A quarter, seriously? All the amazing tax calculators I've just used online are putting it around the £200 mark. This is one I got saying I did 37 hours.

I earn: £240.00

Income: £24.79

NI: £14.85

I get: £200.36

I hope these potentially wrong internet devices are right.

If you're supposed to get £245 for the week before tax then £180 after seems about right.

the dude is right. I remember all too well the sick feeling I had when I saw my first sizable tax subtraction.. Now i'm paying 300+ a month =(

A quarter, seriously? All the amazing tax calculators I've just used online are putting it around the £200 mark. This is one I got saying I did 37 hours.

I earn: £240.00

Income: £24.79

NI: £14.85

I get: £200.36

I hope these potentially wrong internet devices are right.

Actually yeah I was probably a bit out. I get approx £338 a week and get taxed approximately £65 on that.

I've been spending the last weeks £30 winnings on last weeks quiz on booze with the rest of the team. Two bottles of wine and a beer later I feel a bit pissed. However it's been fantastic today. I had a thai mushroom soup at lunch with some iced "teas" (only 0.14% tea :hmm:). Also I worked out how to add up all integers between 1 and 100 quickly while stock checking at work as per chairdrivers original post on Gauss. 0 through 9=45, 10 through 19=145, 20 through 29=245...etc thus, 5x10=50, 4x10=400+100, and 100 through 900= 4500. So 4500+500+50=5050. I also read about the philosophical concepts and implications of scepticism. Then I ruined my learning be losing my bike key while drunk and scraping around in the rain on a muddy floor. However, free booze... yay!