NEurope

Talking about jobs, got offered an amazing one today. Well, I was offered another job as designer at Pearons on The Strand.

It really kills me that I think I'm going to have to turn it down because university takes up too much time. I really want this job. I need it on my CV. Plus, it's like £10 an hour or sommit.

I'm beyond annoyed. Made me so upset. I really want to do it, but I just can't...

Can I have it? :p

What about asking if you can do it part time? Weekends? Even if its just unpaid at the moment where possible do a few hours so they know who you are and stuff so during holidays you can work more?

Speaking of jobs. First day back at mine. No more Christmas :( Although the half an inch of snow we had caused DEADLOCK on the road near us. Madness.

And to use my nan's expression; what a mucking fuddle of a day. I was told I need to cover SPTH1002 on Monday morning. So I check the big board of room information and that module is down as tomorrow, but (what I thought was) SPTH1003 was this morning so I figure its a small error. Go to the room and I think my student is in there (only met him once). So we go through most of the lecture then out of boredom I scan the module outline and it says SPRT1003 and I'm like "oh fuck oh fuck". So when it finishes I check the big board but SPTH1002 is actually on a Tuesday. So I speak to my boss and there's general chaos and confusion. She eventually says "oh it must have been a mix up and yeah you're needed tomorrow look it says on his timetable he--- oh. No he is in one now, SPTH1005." So we were in different lectures >_> She asked me to cover tomorrow morning and I said fine because in spite of it not being my fault I felt bad about him having nobody. So I text him saying "Sorry about today, huge mix up. Will explain tomorrow, covering your morning lecture" and he replied saying it is in the afternoon >_>

Afternoon lecture was okay. I text the student yesterday asking if he wants to meet before so he says yeah 1:30 and I politely respond "its not til 2:15" so he text today saying "1:45, we can go for a coffee" and I'm...cautious. I mean, whose nice to strangers? Really? But I went along. He's nice enough. For a while I thought it was going to be some old hobo guy that was lingering around. Yeah then art and post/modernism. Joy.

Went round a friend's for a drink and COD, but the Co-Op had nothing I want. So all in all a half-arsed day.

Better luck tomorrow eh?

I found out today one of the reasons a particular company didn't get back to me in relation to placement; I forgot to add my cover letter... CV check, application form check... but forgot the cover letter.

Gutted that I just completely forgot something so important, but half happy because loads of other people got contacted back... so I just thought I was ultra-poo or something.

Turns out I'm just super-stupid!

Can I have it? :p

What about asking if you can do it part time? Weekends? Even if its just unpaid at the moment where possible do a few hours so they know who you are and stuff so during holidays you can work more?

No chance I'm doing this one unpaid (especially since I can negotiate my wage). University takes priority but the money and the experience together make sense.

I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can do a Friday and a couple afternoons and the weekend. We'll see. Not expecting anything.

If I can't do it I might recommend my friend. She'd be ace at it. Although I doubt she needs a job.

returned to the gym today, after 6 months. inital faf with the women at the counter chatting and not paying attention to me. i said 3 times me card had expired, yet the woman still goes "eeeeeh, did you know your membership has expired?" then she asked if i could afford to renew it despite me assuring her i could and having the money ready.

still, her stupdity got me student membership despite me having been graduated for 18 months.

gym did ruain my body, but tbh, its a complete tear down thats needed any way.

Ahhh, the gym!

I signed up in September and I've been 3 times.

Woo!

my strength is down, my stamina is down, my speed is down. thankfully my mental attitude is ok, can still push my self pretty damn far, which is what im going to have to do if i want to get back in shape before swim suit season!

Suppose to be having surgery on wednesday to get my Wisdom teeth removed. However, the surgeons secretary phoned me earlier telling me it might be cancelled as he has had an emergency case that might require surgery. I need to phone tomorrow for confirmation. I'm kinda in two minds whether having it delayed is good or bad. On the good side, i'm on holiday from this week; so I can enjoy that now. On the bad side, I'd rather just get it over with and there's also the fact that i'm not sure how long it would be delayed for.

Ha!

Really, that's why your doing it?

no, i just hate that im not in good shape, and i have started to get a bit of a tummy, id rather sort it now before it gets out of hand.

and i also want to feel better about how i look. im not a chubster, but its starting to get noticable now, im really at the haviest im comfortable getting.

no, i just hate that im not in good shape, and i have started to get a bit of a tummy, id rather sort it now before it gets out of hand.

and i also want to feel better about how i look. im not a chubster, but its starting to get noticable now, im really at the haviest im comfortable getting.

hitting the gay bars in yer cossie chris?! :heh:

Fair dos.

I've decided to try and do something about the weight I've gained since being at uni.

It's obviously because I no longer work (I had a manual labour job) and now sit at a desk shoving food into my greedy-fucking-mouth.

So I no longer buy obscene amounts of rubbish, eat fruit and have started doing exercise.

Might not drop off as such... considering I'm only half-bothered about it really... but, still.

hitting the gay bars in yer cossie chris?! :heh:

no, but i am having a date with a real life lady person on friday!

and if i do end up in a gay bar, i understand its the done thing to take your shirt off and dance, so i might aswell be prepaired to do that as every one seems to be telling me im gay. they might be right!

Fair dos.

I've decided to try and do something about the weight I've gained since being at uni.

It's obviously because I no longer work (I had a manual labour job) and now sit at a desk shoving food into my greedy-fucking-mouth.

So I no longer buy obscene amounts of rubbish, eat fruit and have started doing exercise.

Might not drop off as such... considering I'm only half-bothered about it really... but, still.

i lost a fair bit of wait at uni when i went on a diet. i cut out most of the meat from my diet, bought less callorie ridden snacks and didnt eat after 9. theres an old wifes tale about putting on more weight after 9, but to be honest, it just stops you snacking out of bordom.

Edited by Chris the great

Well, the eating after nine rule has more to do with not wanting food being processed in your digestive tract while you're sleeping, because you're not using much energy, so it's being stored as fat. As for less meat: protein is actually more difficult to break down into its constituent amino acids than other long chain molecules are to break down into their constituent parts (Carbohydrates into disaccharides...monosaccharides etc), which means for the amount you eat, there is really much less of a calorie content. That and the fact that protein, unlike starch and lipids, isn't a storage compound really...so its obv...

Ok, I think you get the point.

Good luck with the lady. May you sow the seeds for many Chris the greats to come.

Really average day, but looking forward to the next few days. Spending the day/night with Chris tomorrow, then Alex is coming up on Friday for a few days. I'm so excited to see her again. We'll be going to some Sheffield Uni end of exams thing on the Friday night and then a school themed Headphone Disco thing on the Saturday. Cannot wait.

This didn't necessarily happen today..but I don't think creating a whole new thread to express my enthusiasm was necessary.

Anyway, I got accepted to Seattle University and University of Manchester! :)

Those were my top two choices for colleges so I'm very excited and proud of myself, now I just gotta make a decision..

Manchester as in, UK? It's my hometown. Seattle is a damn fine city too...nice work.

Yess sir Manchester, UK. I've never been there, but I've heard nothing but good and beautiful comments about it. On the other side though I absolutely love downtown Seattle... So it'll be tough.

I'm not a big fan of Manchester. There, a negative :heh: Nah its okay and I've not spent enough time in it but it didn't 'grip' me the way some other cities do. Congrats on the offers though :)

I FORGOT TO SET MY ALARM! Thankfully I woke up about an hour later anyway and still had time to get ready (and waste time on here evidentially...) but not enough time to watch the new Mother :( Which is why I was waking up so early.

Yess sir Manchester, UK. I've never been there, but I've heard nothing but good and beautiful comments about it. On the other side though I absolutely love downtown Seattle... So it'll be tough.

Really? . .

Ahh just got back from the dentist, again! Was a painful affair again. She didn't want to give me the same injection she did last time (it failed and she had to give it 3 times), so she gave me a more local one. But it's not as strong apparently cause it huuuuurt when she drilled in my tooth. ='(

But on the plus side now I don't have to go back until October/November for a check-up, yay! Though I'll probably forget about it and not go for a year or two, resulting in lots of stuff that needs to be taken care of, as always. =P

Also arranging friends to stay over on Thursday (like an early birthday party thingie for me and a friend), though it's taking ages to get it all arranged haha. Deciding on what food to eat is hard. X3

Seriously? last time I was there I was harassed on god knows how many occasions because I had the hint of a Scottish accent and offered sex on one occasion by some prostitute that looked older than my own mother at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I vow never to go back for as long as I live.

Manchester is just like any other city, it has its extremely bad parts but it can also be pretty fucking awesome too.

I love manchester, I wanted to go to uni there but the course they offered me wasn't what I was after. Boo.

Today is just argh, I had to clean the kitchen for a viewing, which is fine, pew pew, but my housemate copped out and cleaned the bathroom which was practically clean anyway. Had to force her boyfriend to help me do the bloody recycling and bin, shouldn't.have.to.ask.

Anyway, if he did things like that regularly I wouldn't have a problem. Ho hum.

But yes last night was good, shame I left so early, got headache this morning I just can't seem to shift and I've got class at half 2, oh noes.