NEurope

Yeah it was a bit. It was more the "WTF, that's my boss!"-ness of it all combined with the "you can't say that!" aspect that amused me.

It wasn't really aimed at you, but I've noticed from your posts that although you boss is a cool dude, he's also a complete ass.

Going out tonight for the final night out before Sheff town tomorrow. But, with the 8 inches of snow that fell last night and more falling as I type I'm really not looking forward to stepping outside. Plus, the presence of the couple of news crews around makes it even less appealing.

It wasn't really aimed at you, but I've noticed from your posts that although you boss is a cool dude, he's also a complete ass.

Yeah I think he has no sense of "the line". I don't think he means anything by it though. I can live with it, but he'll say something to the wrong person and get in trouble one day.

On a semi related story, he watched The Big Lebowski over the holidays and has given me the nickname "The Dude" on account of me being laid back. Can't really see it myself, but I could live with it if it sticks. The Big Lebowski is awesome.

Yeah I think he has no sense of "the line". I don't think he means anything by it though. I can live with it, but he'll say something to the wrong person and get in trouble one day.

On a semi related story, he watched The Big Lebowski over the holidays and has given me the nickname "The Dude" on account of me being laid back. Can't really see it myself, but I could live with it if it sticks. The Big Lebowski is awesome.

Has he not heard you moan then?

I could see him do that. Dude moans a lot. :heh:

Speaking of dreams had one the other night the girl I had a crush on told me she liked me, but I didn't quite hear right so I walked away (presuming the conversation to be over) then found out what she had said and tried to find her (random things happened to prevent this) and eventually did but she was too upset to talk to me. I could see me actually doing this.

You know it's your subconscious telling you to go for it IRL! :p

Spent most of today feeling ill with a cold! and right shoulder is hurting from it. Methinks the plan for tonight is blanket + OJ + borderlands!

My gf tells me she believes in God. And not just any god, an abrahmic god. Anathema. Either our relationship has been maintained under a mutual misunderstanding, or she's pulling my leg. Oh man, I'm not a fan of god.

You found this out just now?

Haha, that girl, such a prankster =p. Seriously though, I was worried, cause her parents are Catholic and everything.

I find the concept that people believe in God really weird. Like.....yeah.

Because this is just MY OPINION.

I find it childlike that people can believe in something so clearly false. Theres no proof of it whatsoever....it is magic. People believe in magic. Really? Come on. Don't be ridiculous. And like....just incredibly arrogant, ignorant, short sighted...idealistic....etc etc etc.

No Bayonetta

No Something Something Darkside (annoying as I ordered that on 30th December)

But I did buy BSG.

Don't want to work tomorrow.

But Comedy Rainbow Episode 4 will be up tomorrow folks. The return of Dr Wu-Man MD. :)

Edited by ReZourceman

I find the concept that people believe in God really weird. Like.....yeah.

Because this is just MY OPINION.

I find it childlike that people can believe in something so clearly false. Theres no proof of it whatsoever....it is magic. People believe in magic. Really? Come on. Don't be ridiculous. And like....just incredibly arrogant, ignorant, short sighted...idealistic....etc etc etc.

OPINION WARNING:

Used to be completely this, so hard. Slowly being drawn into different territory though. Yeah, the traditional 'God' - some omnipotent, omnipresent being looking down upon us all is (highly likely) complete bollocks. But... the more I look into it, I think there are just as many holes for the evolution theory. Yes, things definitely DO evolve but is that the only story? I don't believe in a traditional God but I do believe in the possibility that we were purposefully created and evolved from that.

Basically, I can't make my fucking mind up. I do think though that despite all the proof, you still need to have faith in evolution for it to completely work. We're still just getting passed on information that very few of us will likely go and verify ourselves. It's just that we trust scientists a hell of a lot more than we trust priests these days.

OPINION WARNING:

Used to be completely this, so hard. Slowly being drawn into different territory though. Yeah, the traditional 'God' - some omnipotent, omnipresent being looking down upon us all is (highly likely) complete bollocks. But... the more I look into it, I think there are just as many holes for the evolution theory. Yes, things definitely DO evolve but is that the only story? I don't believe in a traditional God but I do believe in the possibility that we were purposefully created and evolved from that.

Basically, I can't make my fucking mind up. I do think though that despite all the proof, you still need to have faith in evolution for it to completely work. We're still just getting passed on information that a very few of us will likely go and verify ourselves, it's just that we trust scientists a hell of a lot more than we trust priests these days.

I think all camps can agree that the statement;

"But what was there before god/the big bang"

Is an utter mind fuck!

"But what was there before god/the big bang"

cylon6.jpg

...and it will happen again.

...and it will happen again.

:) Aceness.

I seem to thank every post that mentions BSG or Arrested Development. Just has to be done.

you still need to have faith in evolution for it to completely work.

Really no. Faith is a necessary part of scientific inquiry, but only when you need to chose among unproven alternative theories. As a proven theory, you don't need faith for evolution - it's an accurate model, in so much as that can be the case for any model. And personally, I think it has very little to do with the existence of God aside from the fact it disproves a literal interpretation of the Genesis myth, and similar literal interpretations of other creation myths. Evolution does not deal with the origin of life; this is termed abiogenesis and pretty much dealt with separately, but also, in my opinion, shouldn't have much bearing on religious belief. Furthermore, it's entirely possible for there to be a God without there being a creator.

Disclaimer: I'm an agnostic with atheistic tendencies.

Really no. Faith is a necessary part of scientific inquiry, but only when you need to chose among unproven alternative theories. As a proven theory, you don't need faith for evolution - it's an accurate model, in so much as that can be the case for any model. And personally, I think it has very little to do with the existence of God aside from the fact it disproves a literal interpretation of the Genesis myth, and similar literal interpretations of other creation myths. Evolution does not deal with the origin of life; this is termed abiogenesis and pretty much dealt with separately, but also, in my opinion, shouldn't have much bearing on religious belief. Furthermore, it's entirely possible for there to be a God without there being a creator.

I think he meant that the average Joe doesn't have much to do with science and has to have faith in scientists and believe their theories.

Or at least that's how I understood it.

I think he meant that the average Joe doesn't have much to do with science and has to have faith in scientists and believe their theories.

Or at least that's how I understood it.

Hmm, I guess so, although you don't need to be an evolutionist to understand evolution. Plus ultimately everything works based on faith - you have to have faith in your bank having sufficient money for you to take some out, faith that you're not living in a Truman show scenario, and faith (by flawed induction) that the sun will continue to rise every morning. Compared to this, faith in scientists correctly reporting data isn't really that significant, especially once you realise that unlike with creationists, there's no apparent ulterior motive involved. However, scientists should make clear the differences between "proven" theories such as evolution and unproven hypotheses like various ideas in generative grammar, which isn't always done because scientists of the latter group are trying to push their pet theory.

Meh I don't have much of an opinion just a notice that if God does exsist and I do meet him, he's got alot to answer for ^_^.

Hmm, I guess so, although you don't need to be an evolutionist to understand evolution. Plus ultimately everything works based on faith - you have to have faith in your bank having sufficient money for you to take some out, faith that you're not living in a Truman show scenario, and faith (by flawed induction) that the sun will continue to rise every morning. Compared to this, faith in scientists correctly reporting data isn't really that significant, especially once you realise that unlike with creationists, there's no apparent ulterior motive involved. However, scientists should make clear the differences between "proven" theories such as evolution and unproven hypotheses like various ideas in generative grammar, which isn't always done because scientists of the latter group are trying to push their pet theory.

Well maybe trust is a better word than faith.

Frankly if he does exist and I meet him I'm gonna piiiiiiiissed if he doesn't turn out to be Morgan Freeman.

But he doesn't exist, so it doesn't matter...

Frankly if he does exist and I meet him I'm gonna piiiiiiiissed if he doesn't turn out to be Morgan Freeman.

But he doesn't exist, so it doesn't matter...

Morgan Freeman does exist, though quite why God feels he needs a part time job as Head of Wayne Enterprises Technology department is beyond me.

I'll just leave this here. We all know the King of all cosmos created the universe.

dsc04243w.jpg

I hope that's not your arm!

I'm guessing it is, now whether its real tattoo or not is another story..

I'm guessing it is, now whether its real tattoo or not is another story..

Of course its real!

Just a bit fresh and shiney.