NEurope

bleh, i've been feeling wierd all day. Random bouts of depression...wooooo!! I think its these pills >_>

bleh, i've been feeling wierd all day. Random bouts of depression...wooooo!! I think its these pills >_>

Just like a pill

'Stead a makin me bettah

Keep makin me ill!

I downloaded BBC I-Player onto my desk-top today, i'm getting fed-up with the program i wish to watch taking forever to load/pausing halfway through. Only takes about 5 minutes to install.

Other than that, the new shower is finally working. So much better than a bath, and i managed to wash my hair effectively enough for a hair-cut earlier.

HAHA. I've far exceeded the recommended dosage for painkillers today and I feel well weird. Just tried to put a Pod Noodle in the microwave for some reason.

Today we got a new tannoy type system. It's built into the phones so when you use it, you can speak on everyones speakerphone. My boss, being the comedy genius he is, announced to the whole building "Phone call for Phillippa Bucket". His next message to the whole building featured no words, just an amazingly childish fart noise. The head of Customer Services then replied "There's always someone who ruins it". Then another person from another department replied, sounding absolutely serious, "Can a Mr I.P Freely report to reception. I repeat, a Mr I.P Freeley to reception. Thank you."

I love my job.

Today I went for a walk. I really need my camera to arrive just so that I can do something when I'm walking around.

I also watched Galaxy Quest, a film I remember from my youth which I've wanted to watch again for a while.

Today I went for a walk. I really need my camera to arrive just so that I can do something when I'm walking around.

I also watched Galaxy Quest, a film I remember from my youth which I've wanted to watch again for a while.

I've been wanting to watch Dumb and Dumber for a long time, i remember watching that in my youth and haven't watched it for a long time either.

Galaxy Quest, has Tim Allen in it doesn't it??

Yup. I love Galaxy Quest (although I haven't seen it in years).

And Alan Rickman, and Sigourney Weaver sporting a banging rack.

And Alan Rickman, and Sigourney Weaver sporting a banging rack.

Galaxy Quest is a brilliant film. :)

Such a good cast, too. Never fails to make me laugh. :)

ReZ that's not too bad actually. Although shame about the "misting" all over the roof. That's what newspaper is for you know.

The moment I saw ReZ's new paint job it instantly reminded me of this classic from F-Zero.

314px-Night-thunder.jpg

Just as well you don't look like the driver though Rezzy boy!

Urgh 6am wake up yesterday and then the morning commute to London. Train was running behind so I had to run once we got to London to make up for their lost time. Running through crowds in Euston is always fun. Anywho, made it to Centre Point in time and...the conference hadn't properly started. So hung around playing Bomberman for a bit and scoping what was there. It eventually did, talks and stuff. Then game playing and stuff.

After being in this place for about 8 years I finally met the guy who made it (as he now works for Nintendo and was present) and likewise, having known Tphi for several years I only met him yesterday. Was a good day anywho, got a fair bit done. Didn't get a chance to play everything I would have liked as some people hog games like crazy (one girl was on Flipnote the whole time. Write up here: http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13542

Anywho then I got a train back with my friend, was nice to not have to travel alone and bored. And she bought me a Boost bar (granted, she owed me money...)

Bit of sleepings last night. Tonight I'm going to my old uni town for a night out. Its the same Thursday night out that I, and everyone else, have been on countless times but for some reason they still get mega-excited about it. But it'll be nice to go out. And then tomorrow my father. Urgh.

ReZ that's not too bad actually. Although shame about the "misting" all over the roof. That's what newspaper is for you know.

Aye, I did have Newspaper but ran out of tape to hold it down. :( (Plus lazy)

The moment I saw ReZ's new paint job it instantly reminded me of this classic from F-Zero.

314px-Night-thunder.jpg

Just as well you don't look like the driver though Rezzy boy!

Epic. :D

So I'm confused. I was told previously that if I failed my retake, that would be it, then last week they emailed me an appointment to talk with the course leaders, now my mum's saying she's got a letter saying that they're happy to allow me to continue with my studies with certain restrictions (noidea). Didn't think I had any studying to continue. Will find out at 2pm tomorrow, I guess.

Woke up in a mild rush to eat and sort stuff out before work only to actually look at my timesheet and see I'm in at 6, not 1! Result.

Had my interview today at the comic and card game shop! I think it went alright, but I feel my "unstable bus times" affecting arrival in Derby. To get there for the interview I had to take 2 buses there and back, totalling £7:40 and a about hour and half each way.

But I'm going to phone them up later and say how I can get there early without a problem, would just mean a mega early rising [6 for a 9 start]

Then I got back home and found a rejection letter from a different job I can't remember applying for ¬_¬

Had my interview today at the comic and card game shop! I think it went alright, but I feel my "unstable bus times" affecting arrival in Derby. To get there for the interview I had to take 2 buses there and back, totalling £7:40 and a about hour and half each way.

But I'm going to phone them up later and say how I can get there early without a problem, would just mean a mega early rising [6 for a 9 start]

Then I got back home and found a rejection letter from a different job I can't remember applying for ¬_¬

Is there not a regular train from Beeston to Derby?

Unloading a truck full of fabric is hard work. Especially as I'm supposed to be the Wesbsite/IT guy.

Beeston (BEE) to Derby (DBY), £4.80 return 20-30 min travel time. Or £21.10 for a week pass,

Edited by Cube

Stop speaking in riddles man!

Anyways, whatever to your loser card game shop job, because today I was promoted at work. Woo! A big move from statistician grade 2 to statistician grade 3.

Grade 2:

Duties - To have acquired a broader range of statistical techniques than that required in Grade 1. All standard techniques mastered so as not to require any assistance whatsoever. To be able to manage a standard internal project (not requiring supervision of others). This will involve meetings with internal clients (directors/managers) on ones own.

Grade 3:

Duties - To be able to manage projects involving supervision/management of others. To have complete confidence in standard techniques such that instruction is given to others (i.e. help out in the training of new staff). To be able to communicate effectively with clients concerning outputs in presentations. To have demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” in pursuing problems.

That's right, I can officially think outside of the box.

Not found out the associated payrise yet, but pretty chuffed overall.

Stop speaking in riddles man!

Riddle me this.

riddlemethis.jpg

Featuring Maddox.

Congrats on your job digivolution though :).

After 6 hours, the fabric is now sitting dumped in the warehouse. Hopefully I won't have to help out putting it into bays and stacks tomorrow.