NEurope
thirtynine.

Interesting By Antony Shimmin

I think last night's bans were a bit knee jerk to be frankly honest.

Those banned were a scapegoat for the mods who seem to have bypassed the main problems on the site.

Ant was not, I repeat not behind the account gtfo moria and neither was harribo. Fact.

The mods need to clean this place up and regardless of which long-standing or leet members are here, some seriously need to go.

If you even had 1 minute in the staff board you'd know that to be untrue

Fair enough....but I havnt to be fair, so I wouldnt know, thus it didnt seem that way. Now however my fears have been vanquished.

I think last night's bans were a bit knee jerk to be frankly honest.

Those banned were a scapegoat for the mods who seem to have bypassed the main problems on the site.

Ant was not, I repeat not behind the account gtfo moria and neither was harribo. Fact.

The mods need to clean this place up and regardless of which long-standing or leet members are here, some seriously need to go.

So who was behind him then?

You tell us to clean it up but someone complains about absolutely everything we do so we get to the point of thinking "what is the bloody point?".

So who was behind him then?

You tell us to clean it up but someone complains about absolutely everything we do so we get to the point of thinking "what is the bloody point?".

Moria, are you going to make me spell it out for you?

The mods are here for a reason - to moderate - a bit more of that please and we might return to having a stable forum.

The mods are here for a reason - to moderate - a bit more of that please and we might return to having a stable forum.

We tried doing that last night, remember? Everyone's having a fit now.

We tried doing that last night, remember? Everyone's having a fit now.

Not having a fit at all mate. Just my opinion on what's been happening here lately.

It's the reason I don't post as much.

I happened to be online last night for a while, and i believe that Ant and Harribo were not to blame for last nights abuse/flamming. And because of this, i would be surprised if either one of these members mentioned above would consider coming back when the bans are revoked.

I mean, if i was banned for something i never done and with no reason to why i was banned, i sure wouldn't come back to this site and a few others would follow suit with me as well.

Not having a fit at all mate. Just my opinion on what's been happening here lately.

It's the reason I don't post as much.

Not you in particular, just the forum in general. Look what happened after we banned Hobbz for example.

I do agree this place needs to change. I'm sorry but its nothing like it used to be.

I think this place could do with a bit more moderation at times tbh, too much stuff goes on that should be clamped down on a bit. I'm not advocating a police state by any means however.

Another forum I frequent has warnings which get placed underneath your name in the bit that say N-Europe Afficionado for example and expire after a peroid. Basicaly so people know they're on their last chance. Just a thought like but it works pretty well on said other forum.

I do agree this place needs to change. I'm sorry but its nothing like it used to be.

Most members that's been here for a while thinks the same. I've had quite a few saying that, and we've lost good members cause of it.

Most members that's been here for a while thinks the same. I've had quite a few saying that, and we've lost good members cause of it.

I have said that for ages now. There are too many fanboys in this place now and its hard to get a decent discussion going. Also there a members on here now which I just cant stand and annoy the hell out of me.

It's always "better before". Generations on this forum are probably about a year to 18-months in length, and with each one comes new awesome members - and also lots of regular, solid members who contribute lots but don't stand out as BEST MEMBAR EVAAR for what ever reason.

Fact is, Dynastygal joined the other day and lots of people like her already. Any one (or two, or three...) members could leave or be banned from this forum and it will still continue.

If you think that changing this place starts from the top and goes down, you're wrong. Surely if you think there needs to be better threads, then make them. Less arguing, more laughs? Then do it.

I don't think the guys were banned for actualy being GTFOMORIA, perhaps an affiliation, and a trigger, and encouragers to the behaviour yesterday. Personally I don't have a lot against these guys - but they're two of about twelve members who I instantly associate with arguing and bickering in a range of threads, and I'm not going to complain if they were all banned, just as I'm not going to complain if they all stay either, because either way there will be arguments, jokes, good threads and bad, new users and the eventual case of everyone here now going "not as good as the old days"...

I think this place could do with a bit more moderation at times tbh, too much stuff goes on that should be clamped down on a bit. I'm not advocating a police state by any means however.

I agree there, I watched from about 3pm on wards as it got worse. Could have been clamped down in the first few stages.

It's always "better before". Generations on this forum are probably about a year to 18-months in length, and with each one comes new awesome members - and also lots of regular, solid members who contribute lots but don't stand out as BEST MEMBAR EVAAR for what ever reason.

Fact is, Dynastygal joined the other day and lots of people like her already. Any one (or two, or three...) members could leave or be banned from this forum and it will still continue.

If you think that changing this place starts from the top and goes down, you're wrong. Surely if you think there needs to be better threads, then make them. Less arguing, more laughs? Then do it.

I don't think the guys were banned for actualy being GTFOMORIA, perhaps an affiliation, and a trigger, and encouragers to the behaviour yesterday. Personally I don't have a lot against these guys - but they're two of about twelve members who I instantly associate with arguing and bickering in a range of threads, and I'm not going to complain if they were all banned, just as I'm not going to complain if they all stay either, because either way there will be arguments, jokes, good threads and bad, new users and the eventual case of everyone here now going "not as good as the old days"...

Good post, well said

tbh I disagree with you j7 even though i like you a lot. I would say from the top eg admins and mods to the bottom the members this place has really gone down. I like a lot of mods and admins and I know they all group together if one of them is insulted so I probably havent done myself a favour by saying that but I really think some of the old school admins were better but the ones in place now may change. But the thing is a lot of the members atm are just immature flamers and the way this has been dealt with by the powers that be is character assination and bans rather than a more mature appraoch. I know its a tough thing to deal with but well yeh i guess everyones gonna hate me now I just think everyone here needs to grow up a bit and realise this should be a nice place to hang out and is only the net lol.

Couldn't we use temp banning (say for a week or so depending on how serious the offense was) for first warnings?

If you're short on mods, I'd be happy to volunteer.

How about we have a "Be a Moderator for a day" kinda thing. That would be a laugh.

I think you've pretty much stated the view of the admins. (and me)

Well at least I behave. Even if I do disagree with what most people say.

Just got an email from the man himself:

Fair Play if their isn't any conspiracy, I really wasn't instigating that at all, I am just questioning the Mods judgement on whats worth a ban and what isn't?

Is a lifetime worth of posting that only instigates Flaming Worth a Ban?

Or is a Night Time worth of turning the forum on it's head, providing anyone who had a sense of humour with a good laugh after what has been a horrible few weeks for the forum?

Your Call