NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Columnar

Dreamcast is 8 today (Oct 14th)!!!

I remember that getting it on the day of my birthday! A good coincidence it was :D

Let the damn DC die. It didnt excel at anything apart form being the early console.

Go away you nasty troll!

Soul fucking Calibur

Hell yeah! As far as I am concerned it was called The Soul Calibur Machine!!!

I sadly never owned a Dreamcast, but I have played it. Had some great games. Happy birthday DC!

I have a Dreamcast and Chu Chu Rocket, Shenmue and... Quake.. 2? Something.

Loved Chu Chu Rocket, never got into Shenmue.

Ahh the DC loved it to death.

Power stone was a great game. Sadly i never found number two...

Also Shenmue and Soul Calibur.

Gonna say it again Shenmue and Soul Calibur.

Anyone play Toy Commander? Used to really like it when i got it.

Toy Commander was the game I got with my Dreamcast all those years ago. I remember I wasn't too impressed when I saw the bundle I had got but once I played it I loved it. Looks like a really easy kids game but jeez was it tough in places!

Nice to see (mostly) everyone so far has experienced and loved the DC - I really don't think we will ever see a console like it again. Agree with most people's choices of favourite games - mine are:

Street Fighter III: Double Impact, SoulCalibur, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue and of course Shenmue II. All five of them complete and utter classics.:bowdown:

I recently bought my 2nd Dreamcast in the summer, but I have not played on it as much. I need some of the classic games for it, such as Sonic Adventure and most of all, Jet Set Radio. Loved that game so much. As it happens, yesterday was also 2 years since I've been a member of this site. Crazy times =P.

Jordan - Just noticed that I put Double Impact instead of 3rd strike!!!

And of course you are right - 3rd Strike is vastly superior to Double Impact.

I bought one 2nd hand from game station a couple years ago for £15 (I think its a great machine and was a bit chuffed when I picked up a 128 bit console for £15), recently ive got hold of a copy of soul calibur for it, I think SC2 on the CGN is better but its still a great game, Its great console which I i have a couple more games for including street fighter 3 3rd strike and Chu Chu Rocket, Viva Dreamcast!

One of my best friends has always loved the dreamcast and got one when it 1st came out but then later on sold it, he reciently got one for his little boy to play on (he's six, loves his games and is a great little guy), but i think really he also got to play him self, lol.

Jordan - Just noticed that I put Double Impact instead of 3rd strike!!!

And of course you are right - 3rd Strike is vastly superior to Double Impact.

Hehe, no worries :)

There was like, three of them. Simple mistake really.

The DC is one of the best consoles ever. I love both Shenmue games, then I've spent loads of time with Sega GT, and Dead or Alive's quite fun as well...

I thought about buying one of the DC flightsims, there were quite a lot for it. But it's 2007, so I'm buying Heatseeker for the Wii instead.

The sadest news about the Dreamcast, second to the actual discontinuation of the system, was that Propeller Arena got canned. So damn sad, since it looked ace. Anyone know why it wasn't moved to another system after the 9/11 craze went over?

BTW, currently I'm polishing an analysis of why Shenmue failed financially, so I've been carrying arround on a bag with my old DC, asking people to play so that they can answer a questionnaire...

I got a Dreamcast last week. It's class :hehe:

When I first held the controller I wanted to throw it against the wall it was that bad.. but after a few hours play it started to feel great and now I love it :heh:

Plenty of game recommendations are welcome.. I have:

Sega Rally

Soul Calibur

Virtua Fighter 3tb

MSR

Headhunter

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Chu Chu Rocket

F355 Challenge

Virtua Striker 2 v2000.1

Sonic Adventure

I also have Virtua Tennis and Jet Set Radio on the way with an eye on getting Shenmue some time in the future.

Sign in to follow this