NEurope
Guest dynastygal

dynastygal welcome thread

omg, i just looked at your profile thing. I thought dynastygirl had something to do with dynasty warriors, and when I see your favourite character is lu bu :o

DYNASTY WARRIORS for the win! :D:yay:

:p

I don't think he posts much though.

Beaten to it.

Crap didn't see that :heh: Ah well I was sort of reading fast anyway, yea that's my excuse.

Cool least he's known (well to me).

It may surprise you but there is a lot of nice people on here anyway so you should get along with them fine.

Better read longish posts slowly, always read it fast and miss/mix things up.

Also after reading post there seems we have a lot in common in likes and dislikes :heh: Same with other people, you'll fit in fine.

Yeah :P

I got called dynastygal years ago by an online friend due to my constant talking about dynasty warriors, so it's pretty much my main online handle.

I have all the PS2 DW games apart from the new Warriors Orochi and Dynasty Tactics 2. I even managed to get the rare PS1 Dynasty Warriors about a month ago :D

Lol, shadow, excuses excuses :p

And Coolness_bear, yeah, you seem like a cool dude too...^_^

As one of the more friendly members of N-E, I wish to extend a warm welcome to you on behalf of everyone.

Dynasty tactics is one of my favourite games EVER. EVER!!!:yay:

Lol, I've not played it as much as the others, but it's good in short bouts. It gets a bit pressing after too much.

Mind, Kessen 2 on the other hand (as a strategy game) <3

I've completed Kessen 2 about 5 times XD.

Hey and welcome.

Couldn't help noticing you liked Chinese History. I am actually doing a course in Chinese history at University, and i'm there at the moment (its 6.30 here) studying wushu. You studied anything from chinese history?

And respects to the vegan/animal rights thing. I've been vegetarian all my life, never eaten red meat (to my knowledge). I actually saved a tortoise fom being killed the other day. Well that's a lie I actually just bought him as a pet from a food store.

Anyway enough rambling, enjoy your stay.

Can we have a thread that doesn't turn into pointless arguing?

welcome to the boards.

On behalf of the entire GLA, I welcome you to the boards! :awesome:

There usually isn't this much petty bickering, it's usually a nice and friendly place. :smile:

@Everyone else: stop perving over a female member! It happened to Bluey, probably happened to Letty, and fairly recently to the legend that is Eenuh in the User Image Gallery...

Hey and welcome.

Couldn't help noticing you liked Chinese History. I am actually doing a course in Chinese history at University, and i'm there at the moment (its 6.30 here) studying wushu. You studied anything from chinese history?

And respects to the vegan/animal rights thing. I've been vegetarian all my life, never eaten red meat (to my knowledge). I actually saved a tortoise fom being killed the other day. Well that's a lie I actually just bought him as a pet from a food store.

Anyway enough rambling, enjoy your stay.

Well, not studied, per say but I've read Wild Swans (about grandmother, mother and daughter throughout communism in china) which was very interesting, and will eventually read Mao (by the same author as Wild Swans) since it's sitting on my book shelf atm. I also have read most of volume 1 of the Three Kingdoms, but I keep stopping, so have to keep re-reading it. I often will read websites on the internet and stuff. And of course your odd documentary here and there. I really want to read the account of the last emporer - the one by the British man who spent time with the last emporer (it was documented in the film The Last Emporer - one of my favourite films of course).

I'd love to do a course on Chinese History had I the time to do so, same for Japanese history (which I don't know as much about). I'd also love to learn Chinese and Japanese (I only know about 20 odd words of the Japanese language from watching anime), but again, no time to, and no courses either, in order to.

And err, you say you've never eaten red meat? But what about white meat, because if you do eat white meat, technically you aren't vegetarian :p

Yeah, I hear Tescos or some sort of branch of it sell tortoises for food (live) in China. Although I would love to visit the china, the thought of seeing all the animal abuse there seriously puts me off going.

Lol...tah.

Is there a position for the Eva Peron of the establishment. :p

I have 2 questions for you.

- Are you hot?

- And will you go out with me?

Errr, I don't know, let me get my thermometer...

And there's pictures of me in the picture topic.

I also have a b/f.

Well, the only other place I've used this avatar is on Slightly Insane forums.

Although you may have seen a AR gallery on imageshack that it's in. Or the original picture itself which was on imageshack.

Well, the only other place I've used this avatar is on Slightly Insane forums.

Although you may have seen a AR gallery on imageshack that it's in. Or the original picture itself which was on imageshack.

Yeah I think it was imageshack. :)

Welcome to the forums.

You seem to be an intelligent poster.

Hope you stick around!

And UK please go jump off a cliff...

Hai.

Bai.

(I'm not being arsey, I'm just very very tired and only just noticed the thread, thought I would say hi :heh:)

Welcome to the forums.

You seem to be an intelligent poster.

Hope you stick around!

And UK please go jump off a cliff...

Errrr, I'm on the layout with the black background so, um, I can see white....:blank:

I don't like the UK either, but I don't like U.S. too. So it's mutual? Unless you're refering to the user? That's where it gets confusing.

Trust me I have nothing against the U.K. (I plan on moving there some day)

Its the user that drives me up the wall.

Lol, it wouldn't bother me if you did have something against my place of birth. I don't like it anyway.

Welcome to the boards in behalf of the Portuguese Mafia.

And about something you said on another thread, its not "meat eaters" its omnivorous.

Well, not studied, per say but I've read Wild Swans (about grandmother, mother and daughter throughout communism in china) which was very interesting, and will eventually read Mao (by the same author as Wild Swans) since it's sitting on my book shelf atm. I also have read most of volume 1 of the Three Kingdoms, but I keep stopping, so have to keep re-reading it. I often will read websites on the internet and stuff. And of course your odd documentary here and there. I really want to read the account of the last emporer - the one by the British man who spent time with the last emporer (it was documented in the film The Last Emporer - one of my favourite films of course).

I'd love to do a course on Chinese History had I the time to do so, same for Japanese history (which I don't know as much about). I'd also love to learn Chinese and Japanese (I only know about 20 odd words of the Japanese language from watching anime), but again, no time to, and no courses either, in order to.

And err, you say you've never eaten red meat? But what about white meat, because if you do eat white meat, technically you aren't vegetarian :p

Yeah, I hear Tescos or some sort of branch of it sell tortoises for food (live) in China. Although I would love to visit the china, the thought of seeing all the animal abuse there seriously puts me off going.

The unfortunate thing about Chinese literature is that most of the good stuff was wiped out in the cultural revolution, nevertheless what you are reading/ have read is a good place to start.

Ha, apprently my mother used to slip me chicken and fish becuase she was worried I was not getting enough protein. As soon as I became concious of it it stopped. I'm full vege now.

And the animal abuse the is not as bad as its made out to be. The only thing that i don't like is the pet stores they have on the street. They keep them all in very small cages. Felt like buying a few just so I could give them somewhere to run around.