NEurope
Caris

The Orange Box.

Played Portal today... boy is it fantastic! The ingenuity of it all... and that computer voice is ace.

"Any contact with the floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your training record... followed by death."

Will definately be getting this when I (eventually) get a 360.

Will be getting this once I've bought my 360 and it's arrived, which, all being well, means Friday. I haven't actually played any of the games on the disc, so this is bargain-tacular for me.

Items not yet dispatched:

Delivery estimate: 18 Oct 2007

* 1 of: Half Life 2: The Orange Box (Xbox 360)

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Amazon say mine is coming on Thursday. Can't see it myself. Friday at the least, with Saturday being more realistic. I have chosen express delivery though. :)

Shopto have sent my copy... should be here tomorow if the royal mail dont fail

Same although the last two games I ordered said they had despatch a few days early and they arrived on, dare I say it, launch day.

Despicable service! From Shopto I expect my games at least a week early, at least! :wink:

Shopto have sent my copy... should be here tomorow if the royal mail dont fail

Same, but I'm still waiting on my copy of PGR4 that was posted last Tuesday.

I sent a film back to lovefilm last Monday that finally arrived today so by that logic you should get PGR tomorrow.

I sent a film back to lovefilm last Monday that finally arrived today so by that logic you should get PGR tomorrow.

If only things were that simple, in todays post I received something that was posted Friday before last.

Post is wierd atm. Two of my lovefilm rentals got posted on thurs. I got one on mon but haven't got the other yet.

Something arrived today that was marked as too big for the letterbox and I haven't ordered anything but Orange Box so it must be that. It doesn't have a special box does it? Eh, I'll find out tommorow.

My cards' been authorised this morning and it was being pick and packed but the status hasn't changed so far.

I was going to replay Bioshock but if this is coming soon I won't bother.

I got it around 7 am this morning. Here are some of my impressions so far.

The graphics in HL2 are better than the PC version's. Almost every texture has been upped, the boat and kart you drive look much nicer, the lighting is awesome. Basically, everything is at least as good as the PC versions, and even better in a lot of cases.

I haven't touched the episodes or Portal yet, as I'm going through the game in order, but so far, this is everything I hoped for, and much more. Bear in mind, I am only up to the part where you ride the kart on the beach, so later chapters I can't comment on.

Well well well

Mine turned up, jumped right into Portal... its awesome

Played some of Half Life 2 and im enjoying that too, just need some of you guys to get it so we can play Team Fortress 2

17/10/2007 13:30:40 Your order has been dispatched on: {0}

Woot. Dispatched a couple of minutes ago. I guess that means I should have it by the end of the month, if the current Royal Mail standards are kept up.

Post is wierd atm. Two of my lovefilm rentals got posted on thurs. I got one on mon but haven't got the other yet.

Something arrived today that was marked as too big for the letterbox and I haven't ordered anything but Orange Box so it must be that. It doesn't have a special box does it? Eh, I'll find out tommorow.

Picked up the package.

It was a tiny CD in a massive, and I mean massive, box. Random or what?

No orange based adventures for me.

My orange box has been dispatched. Didnt realise shopto was this good. but at least mine will come tommorow through gameplay

Im picking it up tomorrow (hopefully), if not then it'll be Friday. If i can find it on 360 for £30 then i'll buy it on that, if not it's the PC version

I've just found out that the fantastic Adam Baldwin does some minor voice acting in Episode 2. It's even better than I thought.

Baldwin also appears as a voice actor in Half Life 2: Episode 2 as additional voices for resistance soldiers, according to Wiki.

He's hardly a "big" part :D

Just beat episode one. Can't believe how short it was. I beat it in like 3 and a half hours. Was expected it to take around 5. :s