NEurope
Caris

The Orange Box.

Not a box like this.

orange-box-open.jpg

A box like this.

orangebox360.jpg

The Orange Box will be amazing, 5 games in one including one of my favourite games of all time. Half Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2. So who's gonna be picking this amazing package up?

Discuss.

Lucky you pointed that out there Caris... it would have been slighty embarrassing if i came home with just an orange box.

This package should have extra value for me as i havent played any of it.

I've completed HL2 and EP1, I've just finshed Episode 2 and nearly finished Portal. Team Fortress 2 is a complete riot.

Perfect scores from so many places and at its current rate will hit number 1 on the gamerankings charts.

Amazing games, truely ground breaking back in 2004 and now refined in 2007. What else do you need?

Never played Half Life.

Will be picking it up. Eventually.

Episode 2: Fantastic so far. The caves probably go on for a bit too long, though.

Portal: Short, but amazing. The computer voice is fantastic

Team Fortress 2: The second PC online game I've enjoyed (the first was Bridge Commander).

Luckily people who get it via Steam are only missing out on is an awful boxart.

And the whole Live experience.

Live and Steam have pretty similar features. So no, we're not missing out on it.

Im getting it for sure, im just stuck with a dilemma. PC or 360?

I heard a rumour that one of my local game shops started selling it today, gonna give em a phone in a bit!

PC definitely, it will run smoother (F.E.A.R and Prey anyone?) and you know it's going to suck slightly with a xbox controller, I tried playing CS on xbox and nearly cried.

Having read reviews im getting it on PC. For the reasons Solo just pointed out, reviews are saying the PC version plays a lot better and doesn't suffer slowdown issues :)

That rumour about the games shop is false :( So it's either Steam or next Friday...

Getting this instead of Metroid I think. Have only played Half life 2 briefly on the Xbox. Will wait for Metroid to go sub £20 having read numerous reviews of it.

Having read reviews im getting it on PC. For the reasons Solo just pointed out, reviews are saying the PC version plays a lot better and doesn't suffer slowdown issues :)

That rumour about the games shop is false :( So it's either Steam or next Friday...

*chants*

Steam...

Steam...

Going on holiday almost as soon as this comes out. Eh.

At least I have an inset day next friday. Orange based adventures will go down.

how big are the downloads on Steam? And can you choose what you download and when? I've got a really slow net connection, could be a while before TF2 downloads, especially if i have to D/L EP1, 2 and Portal first

apparently their are some multiplayer issues with this on live, like major lag in 8 vs 8 games etc. Guess we'll see when it comes out over here.

I have HL/2 for my PC but I hate single player PC games. I just bought them for CS 1.6 and Source. So all 5 will be good for me. Only decided the other day, but I'm definately going for this.

Got this on pre-order with the best delivery:):) More excited than any other game even Halo 3. Maybe I was more excited but it was a dissapointing game

I've done HL2 on the PC twice, and Xbox once. Totally gonna do it on the 360 again though. Got it preordered from amazon, and I'm just waiting for it to come. Can't fucking wait.

And the whole Live experience.

What does Live have to add to these games?

im still playing through legendary on halo 3 and got blue dragon arriving soon (posted monday still not here dam mail strike) so yea wont be buying for a few weeks prob

I'm still not sure whether to get this or not. I want to play it, but I've got loads of games still to play and no time or money right now. Might get it for christmas or something.

:blank: :blank: ....:shakehead

He was suggesting that unpleasantry is what the 'live experience' entails.