NEurope
Caris

The Orange Box.

I just finished portal, im kinda confused what this "twist" was at the end, because to me there was no twist?

I guess the main twist is when it moves from the white walls of the "Test" to the industrial "back lot" when you escape being baked.

I'm in the lift going back up to Alyx with the Vorticon and the larvae stuff. The lift seems to have stopped, and if I move my character I immediately die. It's like something hitting me on the head. WTH do I do? Is it a glitch? My last save was ages back and I can't really be bothered to go back and do it over, especially since I'm getting AC tomorrow.

I'm in the lift going back up to Alyx with the Vorticon and the larvae stuff. The lift seems to have stopped, and if I move my character I immediately die. It's like something hitting me on the head. WTH do I do? Is it a glitch? My last save was ages back and I can't really be bothered to go back and do it over, especially since I'm getting AC tomorrow.

The one where you have just had to replace the cog ?

If it is that part, if I remember correctly, there were a few barnacles to the right

It sounds like a glitch....I dont remember coming across anything that frustrating.

Ergh,

In HL2, i'm at the end of Sandtraps, where you're at Nova Prospekt and there's 2 Gunships that you gotta take down, i cannot do this shit, the rockets keep flying off course and hitting walls and shit too.

The one where you have just had to replace the cog ?

If it is that part, if I remember correctly, there were a few barnacles to the right

It sounds like a glitch....I dont remember coming across anything that frustrating.

Nope, it's no that. It's when I'm going back up in that same elevator.

Argh! Gah!

I just went all the way through Episode 2 with the gnome and forgot to close the hatch. I knew I had to do it, yet I forgot. It wasn't fun at all and I don't really want to do it again. Well, at least I got neighbourhood watch and all the grub things on the way. But damn. That sucks. Taking the gnome in the car was fucking awkward and boring and ARGHHffsstfu

Ergh,

In HL2, i'm at the end of Sandtraps, where you're at Nova Prospekt and there's 2 Gunships that you gotta take down, i cannot do this shit, the rockets keep flying off course and hitting walls and shit too.

The point of the missile launcher is that you have to use the targetter to avoid the ship's defenses. So, you fire miles away from the ship and then point it at the ship. But you probably figured that out since posting anyway ;)

Argh! Gah!

I just went all the way through Episode 2 with the gnome and forgot to close the hatch. I knew I had to do it, yet I forgot. It wasn't fun at all and I don't really want to do it again. Well, at least I got neighbourhood watch and all the grub things on the way. But damn. That sucks. Taking the gnome in the car was fucking awkward and boring and ARGHHffsstfu

The point of the missile launcher is that you have to use the targetter to avoid the ship's defenses. So, you fire miles away from the ship and then point it at the ship. But you probably figured that out since posting anyway ;)

yeah, i eventually learned if i move my mouse the rocket moves with me ¬_¬ made things just a bit easier..

Should've listened to the old dude in the basement :indeed: nobody ever seems to listen to the NPCs in this game, they get bored and jump on shelves or blast crates around instead, then wonder why they don't know what they're doing next :heh:

he just says use the laser guidance, i figured that meant shooting at it locked on.

EDIT: Just finished HL2, one the the most awesome endings ever, period.

Well picked this up yesterday and got stuck straight into Portal and like most people I am truly gripped by it. I am not all that far, but even now some of the puzzles and the innovative use of the portals is just amazing. Also it definitly has some of the best dialogue ever written....