NEurope
Caris

The Orange Box.

Don't hate me for it, but mine arrived today having ordered it with free delivery on Wednesday at 10pm. Anyway, I haven't played much of anything but I actually laughed out loud while playing Portal when I saw

the beans cooking on a 360.

Hows the single player? Its 4/5 of the game!

Look up HL2, EP1, Ep2 and portal on metacrtic... Thats how good.

Hows the single player? Its 4/5 of the game!

Look up HL2, EP1, Ep2 and portal on metacrtic... Thats how good.

Great, now I dont know what to buy.

Hows the single player side of things in this game? Im still torn between this and Eternal Sonata.

Awesome. Better than the PC version, at least it is for HL2 anyway. HL2 has better graphics than the PC version, Episode 1 is massively underrated and has great team work gameplay, and Episode 2 is like a mixture of HL2, and Episode 1, in other words, great.

Better graphics than the PC version? Are you sure you played it on a good enough machine when you did last played it on the PC? I don't think they could of made it look any better with a poweful enough machine. Also the controls are obviously better on the PC.

Anyway whatever version it's a great game, HL2 and Episode One were both fantastic although Episode One is short and Episode two is only slightly longer but still I can't wait to play it whenever Royal Mail decide to deliver it.

Hows the single player side of things in this game? Im still torn between this and Eternal Sonata.

The Orange Box will last you longer Eternal Sonata is really short apparently for a modern RPG, it's up to you whether you want another decent JRPG or another shooter.

The Orange Box will last you longer Eternal Sonata is really short apprently, it's up to you whether you want another decent JRPG or another shooter.

Did you just call Half Life 2 'another shooter'?

:shakehead

As much as I enjoyed Half life 2 and Episode One and even Bioshock yes I'd classify them as that, they are GREAT games however. That's because there's already so many shooters on the 360 and a few more coming out later this year.

Call Of Duty 4 is only a couple of weeks away also.

Thanks for the input guys. Methinks I will sleep on it and see how I feel about which game when I get up in the morning.

Knowing how much you love you're achievements i'd got for Orange Box. Its got the most achievements of any 360 game, Microsoft increased the limit specially for it (same 1000GS though)

Im picking Orange Box up on Monday, decided it would be stupid to buy it now because im away all weekend. Still got the 360 or PC dilemma though

Don't hate me for it, but mine arrived today having ordered it with free delivery on Wednesday at 10pm. Anyway, I haven't played much of anything but I actually laughed out loud while playing Portal when I saw
the beans cooking on a 360.

Its an aperture science computer they all look like that.

As much as I enjoyed Half life 2 and Episode One and even Bioshock yes I'd classify them as that, they are GREAT games however. That's because there's already so many shooters on the 360 and a few more coming out later this year.

Call Of Duty 4 is only a couple of weeks away also.

I only dread to think what you classify Portal as.

Well you can get tired of one genre and the 360 has a ton of FPS's that include Bioshock and Orange Box even though as I said they're great, some people might want to play something different now and again.

Portal looks interesting though.

I might start from the beginning from Half life 2 again or Episode One first though, it better arrive later today.

You are insane for thinking the genre is is getting old with generic games like The Orange Box. Its anything but - they have actually tried something different. Funny, crazy cartoon mulitplayer - Inovative and clever puzzeler - and an amazing fps (when was the last time you had a gun which could pick up and throw objects).

SPOILER -

lolol chris and caris

You are insane for thinking the genre is is getting old with generic games like The Orange Box. Its anything but - they have actually tried something different. Funny, crazy cartoon mulitplayer - Inovative and clever puzzeler - and an amazing fps (when was the last time you had a gun which could pick up and throw objects).

SPOILER -

lolol chris and caris

Don't know about gun, but I had a hand which could do it about 6 weeks ago :indeed:

But I agree, Orange Box is a pretty incredable package.

Don't know about gun, but I had a hand which could do it about 6 weeks ago :indeed:

But I agree, Orange Box is a pretty incredable package.

roflcopters m8, roflcopters

Better graphics than the PC version? Are you sure you played it on a good enough machine when you did last played it on the PC? I don't think they could of made it look any better with a poweful enough machine. Also the controls are obviously better on the PC.

I can only speak for HL2, 'cause I've not played Ep 1 and 2 on the PC. I stand by my claim that HL2 on the 360 looks better than the PC version. Even with everything maxed out on my PC, the 360 version looks better.

Am I the only one who doesn't love Portal by the way? I guess it's a taste thing.

Ah, I'll check it out when it actually arrives which it still hasn't. You better be right :p

Maybe they added HDR or something.

P.S.

BLOODY ROYAL MAIL it was sent off on Wednesday by FIRST CLASS and it's been three days since, I've received something off gameplay.com the day after ordering fine last week, I have to send that back because I've changed my mind but I dread to think it'll get lost on the way back.