NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

I sent out my first video with advanced (Balance Board) drumming yesterday, a version of the Super Mario theme. Hope you lot on my friend roster enjoyed it. :smile:

I thought you must have used the balance board to do that drumming! I still haven't got very far with the lessons. That jazzy version of Mario Bros was great - it inspired me to do the swing version of Zelda that I sent to everyone on my list last night.

I'm so glad I got this game. A few months ago I wouldn't have considered it, but I'm enjoying it so much. I'm really pleased with some of the arrangements I've come up with - it's so much more than waggling the controlle along while the music's playing.

Ive been away for a week. Can't wait to listen to everyones songs tonight. I'll enlighten you all with a couple of my classic, completely out of time renditions!!

PS So whos starting this one instrument pass it on to the next thing then?

Casual my ass! Just the drumming alone is freaking hard! I had no idea it was this complex! ^^ I want in on the instrument passing thingy.

I went a bit crazy with custom jams yesterday after I found out about the alternative costumes. :grin:

You have to hold down a specific button/s on the Wii Remote while clicking on Start just before a jam.

The different outfits (and codes to activate them) are:

Wii Music Shirt – Right on D-Pad

Tuxedo – Up on D-Pad

Cat – Left on D-Pad

Dog – Down on D-Pad

DJ – B button and Right on D-Pad

Rapper – B button and Up on D-Pad

Cheerleader – B button and Left on D-Pad

Black Belt – B button and Down on D-Pad

Was bloody funny having the Cat costumes on and sticking a Dog in the band.

It also affects the Tutes, so you can kit them out with mini Cat/Dog heads too. :laughing:

So, what track are we gonna do for the N-E song?

I went a bit crazy with custom jams yesterday after I found out about the alternative costumes. :grin:

I had a feeling that you'd just discovered that. ;)

I'm in the middle of working on that song from the Hovis ad at the moment, trying to slow it down with an orchestra to make it sound more like in the advert. After that, I think my next project is going to be a jazzy version of Eine Kleine Nachtmusic.

I had a feeling that you'd just discovered that. ;)
Hehehe! Sorry for the barrage of vids. :hehe:

I'm in the middle of working on that song from the Hovis ad at the moment, trying to slow it down with an orchestra to make it sound more like in the advert. After that, I think my next project is going to be a jazzy version of Eine Kleine Nachtmusic.
Cool, I'm trying to do some more chilled out / classical stuff at the moment. Not easy for me though, as you probably gathered from my Frère Jacques video. :heh: I started out well but soon went back to my upbeat ways. :wink: Thought it turned out quite nice in the end though, with the first half of the song being purely classical and then bringing in the beat/rapping toward the end.

Had a sneaky go of this the other day (bought it as my Grandads Christmas present). The maestro is GENIUS! He is like a Sesame Street Jim Henson creation. Had me in stitches. He's tiny too! That's cool by me.

Seems like it's gonna take some serious practice to get good at this. I tried to do a piano solo of twinkle twinkle big fat star but it came off sounding like I was Bad (not Bach). Time will ensure my musical nous shines like the aforementioned star.

Can't wait for Christmas with the family jamming out :)

Redshell...I wanna see your vids!! Not fair! :p

The maestro is GENIUS! He is like a Sesame Street Jim Henson creation. Had me in stitches. He's tiny too! That's cool by me.
Ace huh? I love that “hmm, hmm†noise he makes. :grin:

Seems like it's gonna take some serious practice to get good at this. I tried to do a piano solo of twinkle twinkle big fat star but it came off sounding like I was Bad (not Bach). Time will ensure my musical nous shines like the aforementioned star.
Ahh… the initial Wii Music performance of Twinkle, *reminiscences* yep, everyone’s first time is bad. :laughing:

But once you get the controls down the game comes alive, alive I tell you!

Can't wait for Christmas with the family jamming out :)

Redshell...I wanna see your vids!! Not fair! :p

You will mate, don’t worry. And I’ll have quite a collection by Christmas time, so prepare yourself! :wink:

RedShell your sig is heavenly!

The combination of the T-meister with Wii Music made me blow joy all over my monitor.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Managed to get my swing version of Eine Kleine Nachtmusic done last night - my first custom jam using balance board drums. It was surprising how sensitive the drums are when you use this mode - I don't think I was hitting hard enough some of the time!

RedShell your sig is heavenly!
62390410or0.jpg

The combination of the T-meister with Wii Music made me blow joy all over my monitor.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

16011845nr1.jpg

: peace:

Managed to get my swing version of Eine Kleine Nachtmusic done last night - my first custom jam using balance board drums. It was surprising how sensitive the drums are when you use this mode - I don't think I was hitting hard enough some of the time!
I thought the "Hovis song" :heh: one you did was great, really good timing. icon14.gif

Balance Board drumming is kind of sensitive yeah, I sometimes wish it would just be a fixed volume for the beats (regardless of how much pressure you're applying to the board) to avoid those occasional muted beats. Having said that, it is nice to be able to control how loud you play too. Not to mention more realistic. :awesome:

Woolies have put the price back up to about £32.99. However...

(from moneysavingxpert.com)

"20% off Woolworths - Click 'n' print an online voucher

You can get up to 20% off in store at Woolworths just by clicking and printing this Woolies voucher (we have express permission from Woolworths to share this voucher you). It will entitle you to 10% off music, DVD's games hardware (including consoles!) and software, mobile and accessories, electricals, electronic instruments and sat navs and 20% off everything else in store including books.

Just print out your voucher and use it in store before Sunday 30 November.

Woolworths is in trouble financially, and in talks for the whole chain to be sold for £1. Yet this isn’t a worry if you’re in store, buying and immediately taking things away. The only possible negative is if the good has a fault, in the event Woolworths isn’t rescued and were to go kaput, you wouldn’t be able to take it back. Yet for things like CDs, books, games etc its not usually an issue. For bigger purchases (e.g. games consoles) use free Section 75 Consumer Protection."

I'd include the url, but haven't posted enough. Anyway, makes the game about £26.50

I'm definitely beginning to feel a bit constrained by the tracklist now - there are lots of songs that I haven't played yet, but either I don't know them, or I don't really like them. This is where DLC should have been made available..

I'm definitely beginning to feel a bit constrained by the tracklist now - there are lots of songs that I haven't played yet, but either I don't know them, or I don't really like them. This is where DLC should have been made available..
Yeah I've still got a lot of tracks with "NEW!" on them too. I will play them all though eventually, but I'm still having a good time re-playing the ones that I do know/like at the moment.

So on one hand I see where you're coming from, but on the other you could say that it's good to have some unknown songs because you can learn them via the game. And the ones you don't particularly like could become a nice challenge to try and create a version of them that you do, by messing with the tempo/style etc... :hehe:

But I agree, DLC would have been the icing on the cake for Wii Music.

I was thinking about it the other day though and wondering if it could still be a possibility for the future. The reason being that if you look at the box, the WFC logo is on it. But obviously the game uses Connect24 for sharing vids, so compare it to other titles that use the same system, Metroid 3, Brain Academy, Eledees, Dewy's Adventure, Boom Blox, none of those have the WFC logo on the cover. Hmm... :hmm:

Could just be that Nintendo is going to start using the WFC logo for C24 games and Wii Music is the first to do so I guess.

It's a shame there's no DLC, that's for sure, it would fit this game perfectly and I think it's a missed oportunity. And I don't think this should have a GH tracklist, but one or two rock songs would be great. but seriously, try the music you don't know. The ammount of variation you can create will make it enjoyable in no time. Also, I'll be away from my until tuesday, so won't see you guys' videos until then :P

Nice F-Zero vid Hellfire, Balance Board drumming too! icon14.gif

I added a couple of extra Captain Falcons and myself on bass guitar.

Funny stuff. :grin:

Nice F-Zero vid Hellfire, Balance Board drumming too! icon14.gif

I added a couple of extra Captain Falcons and myself on bass guitar.

Funny stuff. :grin:

Thanks! It was actually my 1st bb drumming outside of the lessons and I only took the first ones :P Did you send your version already? Cause I see my Wii glowing :P

Yeah, those F-Zero vids were good. Made my own classical version too, though I don't have a Captain Falcon Mii to use. :( Also finally got round to doing KK Blues, which I've been meaning to do for a while - I think that turned out pretty well. Your Japanese version of Mario Bros was certainly different, RedShell - I haven't done any Japanese ones yet, as I don't really like the sound of the instruments when you select the style, but yours turned out great!

You lot seen this?

5 Ways To Improve Wii Music

Some good points there, especially the DLC and overdub ones. Another thing I’d change would be the way it searches for shared videos, it’s pretty annoying when you exit to the Wii Menu after playing the game only to find a message saying you have received a new vid. It should really search/alert you somehow while you are still in the game, at least on the main menu/music video sections.

Yeah, those F-Zero vids were good. Made my own classical version too
Your classical version was seriously good, especially the intro part with the harpsichord. :bowdown:

I don't have a Captain Falcon Mii to use. :(
Mike, you should get on the old Mii Contest Channel. I started going on it quite a bit since getting Wii Music, spent over an hour on there one night looking for funny Miis. :heh:

I'll send you Falcon anyway.

Your Japanese version of Mario Bros was certainly different, RedShell - I haven't done any Japanese ones yet, as I don't really like the sound of the instruments when you select the style, but yours turned out great!
Cheers. I lost it a bit in the middle of the song and some of the taiko drumming at the end, but I liked other parts so decided to leave it.

Mario Bros. theme is a great one to do in different styles though because it is such a recognizable tune. Think I will eventually try all of the various styles on it. :hehe:

I've been meaning to look for Miis in the contest channel for ages, but never got round to it. Besides, my Mii channel is already full (mostly with people from here's Miis for my address book). I'm already having to delete the old contest channel Miis each time there's a new contest. :/

I was also particularly pleased with the intro to my classical F-Zero theme ;)

I can't believe I havent been on this in ages :( Damn stupid life and work getting in the way.

Keep sending me vids guys, don't forget me; and I'll be back in full force very soon!

Still have some of your videos to watch Red Shell and Mike, haven't been playing much lately :P

I have rented this should turn up today...I have bashed it in the past but my curiosity got the better of me...

I'd be interested to see what you think! I'm not sure if you're on my Wii address book or not at the moment, but if you are, I'll send you over some of my vids later.