NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

Maybe you are one of those that thinks that all games need to sell multiple millions to be a success, they don't. Also true sucess is making people smile! *counts roll of Nintendo cash*

nintendo thinks it should...

has a lot of faith in it and I believe it will be a success but maybe not as much as wii fit.

nintendo thinks it should...

has a lot of faith in it and I believe it will be a success but maybe not as much as wii fit.

They do? Funny, their marketing choices say otherwise.

Having faith and pushing a product != needing them so sell 10million.

THANK YOU! Thank you for finally accepting my opinion, as my opinion. Def wasn't expecting that. :p My "fun" comes from doing something meaningful, with goals and aims. Thats just what motivates me. A game like Command and Conquer 3 TW just keeps me coming for more and more, and thats a beautiful thing. These days though, I can't really be spending £40 odd on games that don't stimulate my senses in that way. Wii Music is one of them - thats why I stay on these forums and on gaming sites whereby I can do my research and forecast what I should aim to get.

THANK YOU! Thank you for continuing saying the same shit in a "disguised" manner. Seriously, it gets old.

They do? Funny, their marketing choices say otherwise.

cmon they would never have highlighted the game at e3

pollute me with adverts

do a million and one interviews

and do nothing but talk about the game for over 6 months

If they didnt think this would be their main hit for christmas and yes that means they would expect it to sell plenty.

they woulnt put so much effort into this if they thought it would be a minor success.. im convinced they think it will sell just as well as wii fit or others.

cmon they would never have highlighted the game at e3

pollute me with adverts

do a million and one interviews

and do nothing but talk about the game for over 6 months

If they didnt think this would be their main hit for christmas and yes that means they would expect it to sell plenty.

they woulnt put so much effort into this if they thought it would be a minor success.. im convinced they think it will sell just as well as wii fit or others.

It's their main game at e3 and advertising, because it's an original concept and original idea that they think important to promote Wii's concept and an important game for them. Again, success doesn't mean 10s of millions of copies sold.

It's their main game at e3 and advertising, because it's an original concept and original idea that they think important to promote Wii's concept and an important game for them. Again, success doesn't mean 10s of millions of copies sold.

dude if they are constantly advertising it it means they aim to sell a lot and it's not doing that at the moment... Im sure they will make a hefty profit on this because im pretty sure the game didnt cost very much to make in fairness. .. It's an original concept but then again so is disaster and plenty of other games and you don't see them advertising them properly.

I know miyamoto says he is happy with the sales in japan but he is going to say that anyway... the game meeting disappointing sales means nintendo would have to god forbid change their stance towards casual gaming.

this is their BIG christmas game it should sell themost out of any of their christmas titles if everythin they have spouting about casual gaming being holy and sacrid is true.

casual gaming has never failed them granted but this is their most casual game yet.

dude if they are constantly advertising it it means they aim to sell a lot and it's not doing that at the moment... Im sure they will make a hefty profit on this because im pretty sure the game didnt cost very much to make in fairness. .. It's an original concept but then again so is disaster and plenty of other games and you don't see them advertising them properly.

I know miyamoto says he is happy with the sales in japan but he is going to say that anyway... the game meeting disappointing sales means nintendo would have to god forbid change their stance towards casual gaming.

this is their BIG christmas game it should sell themost out of any of their christmas titles if everythin they have spouting about casual gaming being holy and sacrid is true.

casual gaming has never failed them granted but this is their most casual game yet.

First, constantly advertising is a huge exageration, 2nd it raises the needed sales for profit, but it's still very far away from meaning they need to sell tens of millions, because the production costs are much much lower than most 360/PS3 games. You're thinking black & white and you admit they'll make a hefty profit, so how isn't that a huge success? You're just proving my point and contradicting yourself, they dont need to sell astronomically to be sucessful. Strike 2, they didn't do a big market push on Disaster, again, they don't think they need to sell that much, bringing me to my original point.

Also, most casual game so far? Your other post doesn't seem to indicate that, not to mention the fact that to really make good arrangements, it's hard and requires work. More casual than Wii Fit, Brain Training, etc... No way.

If the game had truly disapointing, as in, financially disapointing sales, it wouldn't matter what Miyamoto says or not in public, because the results would still be there, not to mention the results of one game wouldn't even scratch them. We're talking Nintendo here, if there's someone who knows how to sell things that will make them money in the end it's them, if they accomplish that and manage to push an inovative product out (specially since this is Miyamoto's most recent baby, although Totaka is the director I think), it's pure win for them.

I don't think it will reach Wii Fit levels, it's a harder sell no doubt, which is why it needs more exposure (see the cycle in motion?) but will it fail? No.

Internet hivemind is just jonezing to see a Wii-series game not selling those ridiculously big numbers, becase Wii Music is the spawn of Satan and will bring down apocalypse to gaming. Not saying that's you, but it's most certainly the case in a lot of forums.

The only big christmas title? You're forgetting about Animal Crossing.

Also, graphics:

Wii+Music

wii-series-LTDs-line-101.png

wii-series-LTDs-101.png

This is for Japan, of course and not updated.

Just unlocked the Super Mario theme, and it won't let me play with percussion in custom jam - any reason why?

EDIT: Ah, I suppose I have to unlock the different styles before I cando that.

I think the game may be fun, but I can't personally justify £40 for it (a mixture of seeming not worth that amount of money, and me being poor). Ideally I'd buy it when it goes down in price but being a Nintendo game it never will. Ah well, maybe second hand in a year.

Most of the moaning about Nintendo and their games on this forum has a surprising correlation: most of these people haven't played the games they're bitching about.

Have you tired the drumming mode yet?
Yeah it's great, definitely the most complex instrument in Wii Music. Will take a lot of practice to master I think. Nice that it can be used in Custom Jams too, although I'm sticking to the Nunchuck/Remote set-up at the moment until I get totally comfortable with the Balance Board way.

Also, how did you get into the official Wii Music promotional materials? Look at the banner on this very site - you're playing the drums!!
Hehehe! Yeah I made the banner so I couldn't resist doing a little Mii cameo.

Make sure you click on the N-E logo for a nice surprise too. :grin:

I walked in the house tonight and my Gran said "how about we buy your Grandad that music game for his Wii?".

I nearly choked when she started saying the advert had the Entertainer on it and it looked like good fun for my Grandad who is tone deaf and can't hold a beat...

Brilliant. :laughing:

When you getting this tapedeck? I'd love for you to add some of your expert musical ability to my vids.

but I can't personally justify £40 for it
You mean £35, or £30 even.

I'm surprised that some people were expecting Wii Music to be a budget title, completely nuts when you consider just how much content is in it. Seriously if the game hooks you then it's basically got infinite playability, it's absolutely packed. There are just so many different combinations to try out, so much hidden depth.

You mean £35, or £30 even.

I'm surprised that some people were expecting Wii Music to be a budget title, completely nuts when you consider just how much content is in it. Seriously if the game hooks you then it's basically got infinite playability, it's absolutely packed. There are just so many different combinations to try out, so much hidden depth.

I was thinking more £15.

I have Wii Fit, Mario Dancemat, Rayman and Samba de Amigo to keep me active at present :p

LOve your vocal addition to our song RedShell - my and my girlfrend thought it was hilarious, and really worked :)

Something else i don't like :( You can't play balance board drums in 2 player!! I don't understand the logic!!!

Oh well, love this game and think everyone needs to open their mind just a little!!

I think give it a year or so I'd be able to get it pre-owned at £15. Seen SSBM at that already. Plus I have friends in low places.

But as I say, im in no rush.

Brilliant. :laughing:

When you getting this tapedeck? I'd love for you to add some of your expert musical ability to my vids.

25th November...Double discount day at ASDA for staff only :D Thankfully they are including CD's/DVD's and games this year (due to the credit crunch!)

By then there will be a whole N-E board of Wii Music experts!

First, constantly advertising is a huge exageration, 2nd it raises the needed sales for profit, but it's still very far away from meaning they need to sell tens of millions, because the production costs are much much lower than most 360/PS3 games. You're thinking black & white and you admit they'll make a hefty profit, so how isn't that a huge success? You're just proving my point and contradicting yourself, they dont need to sell astronomically to be sucessful. Strike 2, they didn't do a big market push on Disaster, again, they don't think they need to sell that much, bringing me to my original point.

Also, most casual game so far? Your other post doesn't seem to indicate that, not to mention the fact that to really make good arrangements, it's hard and requires work. More casual than Wii Fit, Brain Training, etc... No way.

If the game had truly disapointing, as in, financially disapointing sales, it wouldn't matter what Miyamoto says or not in public, because the results would still be there, not to mention the results of one game wouldn't even scratch them. We're talking Nintendo here, if there's someone who knows how to sell things that will make them money in the end it's them, if they accomplish that and manage to push an inovative product out (specially since this is Miyamoto's most recent baby, although Totaka is the director I think), it's pure win for them.

I don't think it will reach Wii Fit levels, it's a harder sell no doubt, which is why it needs more exposure (see the cycle in motion?) but will it fail? No.

Internet hivemind is just jonezing to see a Wii-series game not selling those ridiculously big numbers, becase Wii Music is the spawn of Satan and will bring down apocalypse to gaming. Not saying that's you, but it's most certainly the case in a lot of forums.

The only big christmas title? You're forgetting about Animal Crossing.

Also, graphics:

This is for Japan, of course and not updated.

It is their most casual game? ... i'm not sure where I said otherwise but it's their most simplistic game probably ever. Maybe too simplistic.

most nintendo games make a profit.. IN fact i'm pretty sure they have very few relative failures.. but do you not think.. headlining at e3 etc etc etc means they have massive faith in this game.

Miyamoto believes it will be a slow burner of a game... and I have to say I disagree. I think this is as good as it's going to get. It will keep selling of course throughout christmas... i think that they are clearly trying to go on word of mouth from this one after christmas..... but there are so mixed feelings about it im sure that will work.

it's not the only big one but I consider wii music to be bigger than animal crossing in terms of push and I bet nintendo believes it has a bigger universal appeal also. Afterall... they keep calling animal crossing a hardcore title lol.

If you can't see why people don't like wii music then i;m not sure what to think. I haven't played the game ... i KNOW i'm not going to like it.. it's simple as that. i'm not being narrowminded I just know I won't like it.

You'd be suprised to know I was one of the people who defended it a little bit after e3 saying I have faith in nintendo to make this into something great.

It's much harder for me to be negative about this game seen as i have complete faith in miyamoto and nintendo than it is for you n-europe editors to be positive.. Think about it running up to this it was purely your faith in nintendo that kept your faith alive in this game.. if this was a ubisoft title it would have been long dissed and dead.

and by the way i'm not a hardcore cunt either. I enjoy wii fit and rayman and other titles.

and i really dont get the graphs :)

Most of the moaning about Nintendo and their games on this forum has a surprising correlation: most of these people haven't played the games they're bitching about.

...... oh please will you at least read the post you're quoting on.. it's really not the first time you've done this.

but it's their most simplistic game probably ever. Maybe too simplistic.

Just for this words, we can all confirm that you never played the game and don't have a clue of what this game is about.

It's simply the most dificult game I've played this generation.

Babysitting tonight for my 17-month old niece. I played Wii Music yesterday and thought she might like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, so I put it on in orchestra mode. She loved it, and came round today, rushed into the living room and pointed at the TV and said "Star!", and gave me a really cute smile. So I obliged, she loved it again and danced, jumped with the Miis when I hit the B Trigger, and demanded more. About 15 renditions later, my arms are dead. :heh:

I got her to make Mario jump the other week in Galaxy too, things are looking good for her future. :awesome:

Dazzybee, I added your Wii code so that we may share videos. My code's in my profile on the left if anyone wants to share their lovely tunes!

...... oh please will you at least read the post you're quoting on.. it's really not the first time you've done this.

No, it's not the first time I've done this, and I did read your post. Listen to yourself, you're actually arguing about sales and the fact that it's a casual game.

Just for this words, we can all confirm that you never played the game and don't have a clue of what this game is about.

It's simply the most dificult game I've played this generation.

omg.. it doesn't get any more SIMLIPLISTIC( i didn't say easy!) than waving your wiimote to a rhythm to make noise.

omg.. it doesn't get any more SIMLIPLISTIC( i didn't say easy!) than waving your wiimote to a rhythm to make noise.

You're absolutely right, any moron could do that.

But it takes a special moron to make it sound good.

You're absolutely right, any moron could do that.

But it takes a special moron to make it sound good.

i may as well stop arguing about this one...

I just don't get it and I don't think i ever will. I don't get most j rpgs either so I guess it's one of these things.

If you can't see why people don't like wii music then i;m not sure what to think. I haven't played the game ... i KNOW i'm not going to like it.. it's simple as that. i'm not being narrowminded I just know I won't like it.

You'd be suprised to know I was one of the people who defended it a little bit after e3 saying I have faith in nintendo to make this into something great.

It's much harder for me to be negative about this game seen as i have complete faith in miyamoto and nintendo than it is for you n-europe editors to be positive.. Think about it running up to this it was purely your faith in nintendo that kept your faith alive in this game.. if this was a ubisoft title it would have been long dissed and dead.

and by the way i'm not a hardcore cunt either. I enjoy wii fit and rayman and other titles.

and i really dont get the graphs :)

You said it's the most casual title, but in the other post you say there's no crowd it can reach, no kids, no old guys, no one, so how can it be the most casual? Whatever that is. I mean, it's as you say, a tough sell.

You keep missing the point, Nintendo pushed this title precisely because it's a hard sale, not to mention it's pivotal for Wii's innovation image, but it still doesn't mean it will fail! This is Miyamoto's and Totaka's project, as long as they make some profit and show off their ideas and disruptive spirit, all their talking about it makes sense. Even if it sells less than what they want, which it will, if they make profit, it's a success! Like you said, they've had few failures, that has a reason. And considering they're advertising it,I don't think they're relying on word of mouth alone.

You admit you defended a game you didn't play and now you admit you won't like it without playing, you accuse others of liking it just because it's Nintendo and you even say I can't see how people don't like the game after I said multiple times I understand why this game isn't for everyone. It's funny really.

And yeah it's really easy to just love everything Nintendo when you have to write your official opinion with people ready to go at you and with an opinion already made up on you, having to represent a website and with people that use your writing as something to base their buys upon. It must be really hard for you to hate it.

And as someone who said multiple times that despite Ubisoft being 99% suck, I also said I like Red Steel, they were testing untested grounds and risked on an unsafe platform,same with Shaun White, which I still think looks interesting and I liked the first RRB and the new one could be fun too, I don't think what you're saying is exactly right.

The graphics show Wii Music is selling on a better rate than most Nintendo music games, except 3 and a slower rate than Wii-series games, but not the exageration people make it out to be. This won't reach numbers that big, no doubt about it, as you said, it's a really tough sell, but it's impossible to say it won't have big legs, it can go either way really. Either way, who cares except Nintendo?

Also, I always thought cool how people laugh at AC being called hardcore, when before the training-gen definition of casual games, all the hardcores raged about AC and it was a hugely expected game for Wii from the community, not to mention getting all the fishes, bugs, furniture, feng shui, HRA, crossing flower breeds, etc doesn't seem all that casual too me. In fact I've tried introducing this game to casual and non gamers many times and I've always failed.