NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

They're advertising this at last - just seen an ad on ITV, which did a pretty good job of showing what four people can do in jam mode. I reckon the casuals will lap this up, and I finally gave in and ordered it too.

Seen quite a few adverts for this.

I can see quite a lot of casuals being pissed off after buying this, because they'll probably expect it to be more like Guitar Hero than it is and expect to be playing the instruments, which the adverts seemingly portray.

I'm trying to convince my mam to get it, then i wont have to spend money on it and if I dont like it, it wasn't my money XD

MY FRIEND CODE: 8996-7703-1598-4600

Add it ready for the weekend whoever is getting WiiMusic. Would appreciate a PM if you do and I'll add you back.

PS If someone has already added me, but did it over a year ago, then re-add me as my friend code changed when I repaired my Wii

Can you play drums for melody or violin for percussion or stuff like that? Or is each part set to a few different instruments.

Basically, can u play all instruments in all parts?

ive had wii music for over a week, usa one :)

its allot of fun, but i would not call it a proper game, i guess we all knew that anyway, its actually pritty tricky getting the right sounds to go with the songs, but you can always make your own style and record it to a cd :),, i think you can possibly send these to freinds via wifi too, apart from the instruments there is a conductor mode, a bell game which is very similar to donkey konga, and other stuff i havent given a try quite yet,

so far its good fun

Or is each part set to a few different instruments.

This is correct. You can't play violin in percursion, but you'll be surprised by some of the choices they give you ;)

ive had wii music for over a week, usa one :)

its allot of fun, but i would not call it a proper game, i guess we all knew that anyway, its actually pritty tricky getting the right sounds to go with the songs, but you can always make your own style and record it to a cd :),, i t

That can't be! The game is teh casual, shit and you just waggle randomly!

yes you can just waggle, i was talking about getting the right tone on the i nstruments, sur eyou can play it randomly, but to get the music to sound perfect, its allot fo fun experimenting with diffrent sounds with diffrent songs,

what is tricky tho in the wii balance board drums,

yes you can just waggle, i was talking about getting the right tone on the i nstruments, sur eyou can play it randomly, but to get the music to sound perfect, its allot fo fun experimenting with diffrent sounds with diffrent songs,

what is tricky tho in the wii balance board drums,

I was being sarcastic, sorry :P

what online options does WiiMusic have?

You can send each other songs you have created (rearranged) with the music video. That person, if they so wish, can change bits and resend it back to you. It's the music equivalent of sending ghosts on mario kart!

GameCentral's review is up today. I'm beginning to get more worried about my decision to buy this..

Wii Music (Wii)

Review by David Jenkins – Although we fully understand why they infuriate the hardcore, we've happily rated the likes of Brain Training and Wii Fit as some of Nintendo's most innovative games.

This though is a triple A stinker. We've never used the term "non-game" as an insult but in this case we will.

This isn't a game at all and the only important lesson it has to teach about music is to buy a real instrument.

Some of Nintendo's best games have resulted in taking a previously oversubscribed genre and putting their own idiosyncratic spin on it.

This is as different from Guitar Hero as Pikmin is from Command & Conquer or Super Smash Bros. from Tekken.

You aren't judged on the quality of music you play and even following a pre-set series of notes is optional – so there's nothing to fail at.

There are over 60 different instruments, most of which use one of four basic control systems: piano, guitar, violin or horns.

For the piano you wave the remote and nunchuck up and down, for the horn you hold it like a flute and for the guitar and violin you pull the remote through the air as if moving along the strings.

The game then interprets your movements and button presses into notes.

Keeping a decent rhythm is just as hard as in a more prescriptive music game and yet here you've got full freedom to alter the speed, pitch and tone.

You can fine tune your performance by adding things like tremolo or arpeggio, but underneath you're still playing one of the 50-odd in-built songs.

Which is a bit disconcerting when you realise your freestyle jazz solo is just a remix of Oh Christmas Tree.

The real problem here is Nintendo's appalling penny-pinching.

The MIDI sounds are all fairly cheap and nasty, but that seems to be a purposeful stylistic choice.

The real problem is the dreadful collection of music, in which The Loco-motion and Wake Me Up Before You Go Go are the two modern highlights. There's not a single song any right-minded adult would ever want to play.

What's really upsetting is that there's some clever technology at play here and the drum simulator works very well.

This is the only instrument to get its own set of lessons (if you own a Balance Board) and it feels far more realistic than in Rock Band et al.

Alas the rest of the (non-)game has no interest in being anything but a cheap novelty that will struggle to entertain anyone for more than a few minutes.

IN SHORT: Nintendo's assault on the casual market finally hits a snag with a title that puts the non in non-game.

PROS: Playing around with each of the 60 instruments is fun at first. The drum simulator is excellent.

CONS: Diabolically awful selection of songs, with cheap MIDI music and absolutely no structure or challenge.

SCORE: 4/10

Well I'll be playing this today hopefully - or I'll never order from play again!

I'm still excited, I'll just laugh if it's shit! And then unearth my posts straight after E3 for quotage!

Mine better be waiting for me when I get home!! If it's shit I'll tell you and there'll still be time to cancel :)

we all know it's shit anyway.

Yeah, some of us, not all of us, but some of us, we have an open mind, and importantly, our own mind.

I played this game today... and my response after about 10 minutes of play was "Mmm-Hmm... " - I shortly purchased an Xbox 360 Pro. Nintendo have failed me. This being one of the biggest Nintendo games we get over Christmas just flicked a switch in my brain that unleashed a constant stream of hatred for Nintendo this generation...

I'll keep the Gamecube on the same desk as my 360 but the Wii is being sold ASAP. Nintendo's trekking into casual-hardcore territory is now getting ludicrous, and I feel this game is the epitome. I just felt no love for this game whatsoever. But I do feel good that I've finally rid myself of this Nintendo loyalty and can catch up on 360 games I missed... Ooooooh, Devil May Cry 4. ^^

im half tempted by animal crossing, seeing as ive nowt to do and it seems all i do these days in games is kill endlessly. its awsome, but still, a break would be nice.

wii music looked good the first time i saw it, a real laugh, i thought "wow, for £20 that could be great!" unfortunatly, it turns out its a part of nintendo's stratergy. still, might work at impressing some girls, who never normaly play games.

I think it's just to over priced, especially at £40. £20 would of been much better for what it is. Would convince much more folk, myself included.

I played this game today... and my response after about 10 minutes of play was "Mmm-Hmm... " - I shortly purchased an Xbox 360 Pro. Nintendo have failed me. This being one of the biggest Nintendo games we get over Christmas just flicked a switch in my brain that unleashed a constant stream of hatred for Nintendo this generation...

I'll keep the Gamecube on the same desk as my 360 but the Wii is being sold ASAP. Nintendo's trekking into casual-hardcore territory is now getting ludicrous, and I feel this game is the epitome. I just felt no love for this game whatsoever. But I do feel good that I've finally rid myself of this Nintendo loyalty and can catch up on 360 games I missed... Ooooooh, Devil May Cry 4. ^^

Good call, base the console on one game - wahoo!!!

And Devil May Cry 4 is fucking awful :P

Oh, and if you're going next gen playstation 3 is SO MUCH better than the xbox!!!

Good call, base the console on one game - wahoo!!!

Well, no, I'm not. I basing my opinion on what the console has been fed for the last 2 years.