NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

I still have a sealed copy of this in my wardrobe from the cancelled ONM subscription a few months ago.. and I have no desire to take the seal off :hmm:

I reckon if you played it online with people (like me, Redshell and Flinky) who can help you out and teach you the ropes you'd enjoy it more.

It does all feel very overcpmlicated at first but it doesn't take long to get the hang of it and things become 2nd nature.

Nandoooooh!

Come on, man. Give eet a chance. It's fun as hell.

I don't think hell is fun, is it? :woops:

/ nando / will never play MH Tri again and its all because of you. :heh:

I reckon if you played it online with people (like me, Redshell and Flinky) who can help you out and teach you the ropes you'd enjoy it more.
Indeed. The online part of the game is such great fun, it really is one of the best co-op games out there. :cool:

How about you Stevo, any plans to play online again? It'd be a great time for you to start playing again, what with Flinky just starting out. ;)

/ nando / has played Monster Hunter Tri again.. but he probably won't after tonight :nono:

I started from scratch on it there about half an hour ago, having deleted my original save file, and was only about 10 minutes in when I realised I just do not like this game :hmm:

You could argue that I haven't really given it a proper chance but I just know that it isn't for me and that I'll probably never like it. You can't like every game, unfortunately..

I'm actually extremely reluctant to get Xenoblade Chronicles too because I'm not sure I'll enjoy it either :eek:

DontLookatMe.jpg

What is it about the game you don't like?

The only thing I think it's possibly missing is a lock on system. Either that, or shorter loading times between areas, but I don't think that can be helped. Aside from that, I don't really see what's wrong with the game. It's too addictive, if anything.

I never got particularly far, obviously, but I didn't really enjoy the structure of it. I didn't really enjoy the combat. I didn't really enjoy searching around obtaining all the different items. I didn't really enjoy how much there was to take in. I didn't really like that there's no real story driving it forward. Heck, I didn't even enjoy that the writing was so small that it was difficult to make out :eek: I don't really like anything about it, if I'm honest :hmm:

There must be games that you have played too that got almost universal praise yet didn't enjoy..?

I never got particularly far, obviously, but I didn't really enjoy the structure of it. I didn't really enjoy the combat. I didn't really enjoy searching around obtaining all the different items. I didn't really enjoy how much there was to take in. I didn't really like that there's no real story driving it forward. Heck, I didn't even enjoy that the writing was so small that it was difficult to make out :eek: I don't really like anything about it, if I'm honest :hmm:

There must be games that you have played too that got almost universal praise yet didn't enjoy..?

Halo is the only one that really springs to mind. But then, it was very repetitive and a chore.

Hmm, Monster Hunter is what it is. Are you a fan of that genre/type of game? It sounds like you were over-whelmed by it.

I never even really gave it a chance to overwhelm me.. I just know it isn't for me :sad:

I haven't played anything like it before, partly because I don't think the genre is for me. I didn't think that I'd dislike it quite as much as I do, though ::shrug:

For the record, I'm not particularly fond of Halo either :heh:

I never even really gave it a chance to overwhelm me.. I just know it isn't for me :sad:

I haven't played anything like it before, partly because I don't think the genre is for me. I didn't think that I'd dislike it quite as much as I do, though ::shrug:

For the record, I'm not particularly fond of Halo either :heh:

Hmm, I think you'll either love this game or just won't take to it. There's a lot of depth to it, maybe too much for some. It's all gameplay driven and team-work based, but that's great. I haven't played too many like this, so really enjoying it.

If you don't like it now, I don't think that'll change much, really. It'll just get deeper and more complex. Not for everyone.

My monster hunting record at 284 hours playtime :hehe::

MH3-HuntingRecord.jpg

Slain = 577

Captured = 165

Great Jaggi has got to be almost extinct by now. :laughing:

My monster hunting record at 284 hours playtime :hehe::
MH3-HuntingRecord.jpg

Slain = 577

Captured = 165

Great Jaggi has got to be almost extinct by now. :laughing:

That's some awesome stats there Red, wish I knew my totals (including my first file), though I'm a little surprised your Jho and Jhen numbers seem a bit low... I thought I'd done a fair bit of both with you?

That or my memory is mixed up... which does happen :heh:

That's some awesome stats there Red, wish I knew my totals (including my first file), though I'm a little surprised your Jho and Jhen numbers seem a bit low... I thought I'd done a fair bit of both with you?

That or my memory is mixed up... which does happen :heh:

Nope, they seem about right. The one that I was surprised with is actually Ceadeus, I expected it to be at least double that amount. Then I realised it's because killing it is done over 2 quests. ;)

I'd definitely like to do more Jhen/Jho, perhaps when you get back next week? I have really bad luck when taking on either of those 2 with randoms. :hmm:

What are your numbers like on your new save file anyway? How many Great Jaggi kills? :hehe:

And what about silver/gold crowns, you got many of those? Since posting that pic, I've got gold for shortest on Qurupeco. Would be nice to get gold for everything. :awesome:

Haven't actually checked my numbers on the new file..... I think there may be a few monsters still that I've forgotten to (re)scan.

I know on my old file I had most of the gold crowns. I was at a point where I was working to get a minimum of 100 kills/caps (combined) on each monster or both gold crowns... I wasn't far off either goal either.

On the new file I know I've got fewer gold crowns.

I remember on my old file the very first Jho that I killed, which I thought was HUGE, was actually a gold crown small, haha. On the new file I don't have the small crown yet.

if you want i can take pictures of my monster list ? might be a bit shocking tho some high numbers : peace:

if you want i can take pictures of my monster list ? might be a bit shocking tho some high numbers : peace:
Yeah man, go for it. :)

Does the list keep count over 999? :heh:

I would love to see your stats mate :D

I think our brains would melt in attempting to comprehend the enormity of what the figures would be!

Marky is the Monster Hunting God! :bowdown:

I'm sorry for the major bump, but 12 hours in, I've gotta ask... WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE COMBAT? Why are there so few weapon types? Why on earth is the sword and shield the only fast weapon and why does it deal such insignificant damage to the point of taking a long time to kill even the weakest most basic enemies after being upgraded 3 times? Who thought it'd be a good idea to not be able to use items while in combat mode? Why on earth can't you run in combat mode? Why is combat so stiff (in that whenever you enter a combo or strike you can't change the direction of yourself or the strikes... or move until it's finished) in an action game? Is this really a 2010 game? oO

This game is making ridiculous gameplay mistakes that have been fixed since 2001! This is the most archaic-feeling game I've played in the last couple of years... Oo

How is not being able to change equipment on the go (as long as you're carrying it) a good idea? Who in the hell decided this whole "withdraw weapon to fight but put it away for... everything else" was a good idea? Why on earth would the first boss (great jaggi) take me 43mins to kill with the second most powerful weapon available in the game so far (bone hammer+), whilst constantly hitting him? He wasn't even hard, he just had way too much health, to the point of turning him into one of the most annoyingly boring boss fights I've ever played!! Who decided to make such a small item pouch for a game with so much emphasis on loot? Why on earth would monster scanning be on the wiimote IF YOU'RE PLAYING WITH THE CCP?

The sad part is... I could go on!

I wasn't expecting the best game ever, but I was at least expecting it to be more functional!

The gameplay is awful!! It's an impedement!

There's a game I love here, and most of all there's a game I want to love... I'm loving most of the atmosphere, theme and overall feel of the game, but the ridiculously obtrusive and obsolete gameplay is getting on my last damn nerves. I can't play the damn thing for 5 minutes without becoming frustrated and annoyed at it!

@Oxigen_Waste

Get yourself online with a few of the N-E Brotherhood and you'll soon start loving it. The game is unbelievably more enjoyable with a group of you.

Monster Hunter jazz album: :bouncy:

Bmkod.jpg

:love:

When/if we get another MH game in the west, Capcom should so include a jazz soundtrack option. :smile:

Haha, that is awesome.

Indeed Monster Hunter 4 should so have some Jazz tracks as a bonus option

(I'm betting on no MH3G in the west but MH4 should be a certainty)

(I'm betting on no MH3G in the west but MH4 should be a certainty)

If it doesn't show up at E3, then yeah we probably wont be getting it.

Monster Hunter jazz album: :bouncy:

Bmkod.jpg

:love:

When/if we get another MH game in the west, Capcom should so include a jazz soundtrack option. :smile:

This album seems a bit hit and miss. I wasn't keen on the first 2 tracks, but once they got to the MHFU Pokke Village track (No 4), AWWWWWWW YYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHH :D

Scat Cat is a good rendition too. Might get...

Edited by Dcubed

This album seems a bit hit and miss. I wasn't keen on the first 2 tracks
So you listen to rap music then? :heh:

: peace:

@Mokong X\-C and @Hero\-of\-Time, would you guys still get MH3G if it came out over here?

I know you both really love MH, but doesn't that fact that it's pretty much identical to Tri put you off at all? :blank:

I loved Tri, (played 500+ hours!) but I'm not sure if I could play through essentially the same game again, from scratch. :hmm:

MH4 on the other hand... hell yeah! :smile:

@Mokong X\-C and @Hero\-of\-Time, would you guys still get MH3G if it came out over here?

I know you both really love MH, but doesn't that fact that it's pretty much identical to Tri put you off at all? :blank:

Not at all. I love the series to bits and will snap this up as soon as it's released, with or without online play. I would have bought the Japanese version of the game had the 3DS been region free. I also want to beat the hell out of Plessy again. He's a bit of a hassle to fight, but so satisfying to kill.