NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Well done there RedShell you just learned a great skill there, Sleepbombing... not only does it give you time but so you are fully aware. The first hit a monster takes while asleep does Double damage so setting bombs (especially round the head) is the exact perfect thing to do. Well done.
Cheers. :smile:

I wasn't aware of the double damage thing, although I should have realised, as when I got Rathian with the bomb it was pretty spectacular! :grin: Chunks of its head got blown all over the place, completing the sub quest in one go. :o

The Jaggi Mask, you must have done a few of the 4 Jaggi Event Quest, that's where you get the materials to build that. I use when trying to get rare items like Rubies and Saphaires, sometimes it helps, somethings it doesn't.
Ah- of course! That's the quest me and darksnowman did online with H-o-T.

Anyway, I've noticed I find loads more of those talisman things now, rarer ones too. Got one that apparently makes monsters target you less, ninja skill or something. :awesome:

Hopefully it'll keep those annoying little creatures off my back when I'm trying to carve. :heh:

Luck boosts mean that you have a good chance of hving the second line of rewards being full. The top line is usually monster parts and the second mire trivial things, certain quests give better items in the second line though so having luck boosts is good for those.

Yea sleepbombing is a huge tactic for killing alatreon, whom you'll meet eventually ;)

ahh ninja skill :) better for gunners as it means you get targeted less as you are standing in a spot shooting , not sure of the use with blademasters tho as your normaly runing towards the monster anyway but any skills are handy if put to good use ,

sorry vile about those clust runs had a random dude with us who refused to blade and had a pretty weird gun ? anyways just missed you the other day had my cluster group on and was trying to get a msg to you so if you need webs still ill get a team on for soem runs ,

sorry vile about those clust runs had a random dude with us who refused to blade and had a pretty weird gun ? anyways just missed you the other day had my cluster group on and was trying to get a msg to you so if you need webs still ill get a team on for soem runs ,

No prob, man :) Already got the webbings, now going for sp...proper sleepbombing is friggin fast :o And yes, the bowgun is awesome...

the bowgun is awsome

the bowgun is awsome

the bowgun is awsome

if your enjoying it you shouldnt limit yourself to ala try out diffrent combos and diffrent sets defo adren+2 with a gun in a group of 4 i think you will find that intresting

im stocktaking at work so no mh for 2day if agna barry arena is on ville get those coins for barrage earing while you can that arena has like the slowest rotation of them all ,

i posted about the barrage earing in meet up thread it has to be the ultimate peice of equipment in the game and if your getting trigger fingers its defo worth the coins and time to get ,

I still haven't even tried a gun in this game! Too many weapon types, not enough time. :D

Anyway, killed some weird sabre-toothed thing the other night. Was good because I beat him on my very first attempt and that's unusual for me with this game, so I must be getting better at last. :heh:

I still haven't even tried a gun in this game! Too many weapon types, not enough time. :D

I didn't make my first gun till I after I got to the last Monster in Online, HR51, you'll see him soon enough. Annoying thing with the bowgun is you also need to make a whole different armour set for it too... not looking forward to have to rebuild my Sleepgunner set for Ala:shakehead

Anyway, killed some weird sabre-toothed thing the other night. Was good because I beat him on my very first attempt and that's unusual for me with this game, so I must be getting better at last. :heh:

Ah Barioth, I'd wage a guess you used the fire sword I had you built, that would have helped. Have you managed to upgrade it yet?

I was the same with the gun.used only great sword for almost all the game, used 1 or 2 switch axes but mainly gs. After I got to like hr 90 or so I started using other weapons and now I use these main sets

gs - sharp+1, crit draw, focus, earplugs

gs - sharp+1, crit draw, punish draw, earplugs

sa/ls/hammer - sharp+1, earplugs, evasion +2

hammer/ls - sharp+1, hg earplugs

can't really remember my gun setup though, has a lot of pierce shot boosts. Good set though

I just spent ages attempting to capture Lagiacrus, but he's being an absolute bastard! :mad::heh:

3 times in a row I tried, on the first 2 I killed him (is it just me, or does he die a lot easier than in the hunting quest? :rolleyes:), on the 3rd he looked to be ready to capture, all the signs were there:

Damaged chest, claws, severed tail, drooling, limping, fleeing, sleeping, etc...

I get him in the trap, start chucking tranquillisers like no tomorrow... 7 in total, hitting him right in the face with 'em, but it doesn't work! :shakehead

W... T.. F...???? ::shrug:

Ah Barioth, I'd wage a guess you used the fire sword I had you built, that would have helped. Have you managed to upgrade it yet?
Yeah, I used the Qurupeco Chopper. Not been able to upgrade yet though, which is a shame as the next one up looks awesome. :cool:

Just to point out, damaged chest and claws and tail etc are not signs that a monster is ready to capture. That just shows you've done at least a certain amount of damage to one area of the creature. I know you listed the right signs too, limping and sleeping, but I just wanted to correct that for you invade you were mistaken

I get him in the trap, start chucking tranquillisers like no tomorrow... 7 in total, hitting him right in the face with 'em, but it doesn't work! :shakehead

W... T.. F...???? ::shrug:

If you have problems with capturing, you could always use the Perception skill. Probably have a charm with some points already, and even if you don't, you need 5 gems only.

How it works is you paintball the monster, and when it's ready to capture, the pink blob on the map starts flashing. This happens a bit before the monster actually starts limping and changes area, so it can save a little time in fact...

If you have problems with capturing, you could always use the Perception skill. Probably have a charm with some points already, and even if you don't, you need 5 gems only.

How it works is you paintball the monster, and when it's ready to capture, the pink blob on the map starts flashing. This happens a bit before the monster actually starts limping and changes area, so it can save a little time in fact...

Yeah, that skill is great for when trying to Cap stuff... goes great with full Jho armour which has Auto-Tracker so you don't even need the paintball.

Yeah, that skill is great for when trying to Cap stuff... goes great with full Jho armour which has Auto-Tracker so you don't even need the paintball.

And especially useful if you're grinding something like Bird Wyvern Gems... "Get in the trap already!" xD And yeah, auto-tracker is sweet 8)

Luck boosts mean that you have a good chance of hving the second line of rewards being full. The top line is usually monster parts and the second mire trivial things, certain quests give better items in the second line though so having luck boosts is good for those.

But the boost still does apply to both rows...

Edited by Ville

..and I got rid of Monster Hunter Tri at the weekend :hmm: I just couldn't give it the love and attention it needs..

..and I got rid of Monster Hunter Tri at the weekend :hmm: I just couldn't give it the love and attention it needs..

No worries...you can always come back to it later, if you feel like so :)

I managed to finish that capture Lagiacrus quest last week, using the perception skill and the Hunter's Armor set! (Thought I posted about this already, but I guess not. :blank:) Anyway, cheers for the advice guys, it really helped me out. : peace:

Completed this last night! :yay:

The final monster was no way as bad as I was expecting...

...despite being fought completely underwater. And although it took me a few attempts, I actually found the battle to be quite relaxing.

:laughing:

Didn't even use Olympic Swimmer in the end, was still in my Rathian Armor (minus the helm, had my lucky Jaggi mask on :hehe:).

So I've just got 2 quests left on my 5 star ones, Hunt an Agnaktor and Capture an Uragaan. And obviously all of those new urgent quests that appeared after the credits. But some of those look a bit too crazy for single player, Hunt 2 Diablos?! :o They're having a laugh right? :D

Anyway, great game. Hopefully we'll see a 3DS version at some point, I'll be sure to be there on day 1 this time. :grin:

RedShell, the dual quests aren't as hard as you think. You have to remember that the monsters have half their HP so its essentially just like fighting one of them. Just get them to split up and it's a very easy fight.

What I tend to do in such fights is to use my traps and tranqs on the first one to get him out of the way really fast. After that just fight the other one as you would normally do.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

How many hours have you put into this Red?
Just over 100, including online time.

RedShell, the dual quests aren't as hard as you think. You have to remember that the monsters have half their HP so its essentially just like fighting one of them. Just get them to split up and it's a very easy fight.

What I tend to do in such fights is to use my traps and tranqs on the first one to get him out of the way really fast. After that just fight the other one as you would normally do.

Oh, I wasn't aware of the half HP thing. Will definitely give those quests a try at some point anyway. :smile:

Is there any reward for completing every quest?

Good job on beating Ceadus RedShell... no wit's time to farm him, haha.

Though playing more online and getting better weapons will help get that done faster :wink:

As HoT said in all Dual hunts monsters have less HP than they would in single hunts. For Double Diablos a good thing to learn is how to use the SOnic Bombs to trap them when they dig under the ground.

Is there any reward for completing every quest?

Your reward is that when you post about it here, I will thank your post.

: peace: