NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

If this game looks anything near those screenshots when in motion it could possibly be the best looking Wii game so far. Absolutely stunning and I love the art direction.

If this game looks anything near those screenshots when in motion it could possibly be the best looking Wii game so far.

Graphically, you say, right?

Fantastic. Looks great and finally news on it after a long drought, then it's playable at TGS so some footage/hands on will be cool. The main part I was worried about was online, but it looks like it's fully intact which is great news.

Only downfall is that it's 33% done so it can still be a while off since it's been worked on all this time. It looks that great already but damn that wait. It'll be worth it by the looks of things.

FINALLY. Been banging on about this game for ages. Dunno why, but only playing the demo got me liking this game so much. Really hope the controls are up to scratch, as with the wii, it can be a real massive hit or the total opposite. I have high hopes though.

Amazing scans!! This game always looked good and it's looking better now. The only thing that has got me worried is the gameplay. I don't know, but what I read about the Monster Hunter series, it doesn't appear to be my cup of tea. But that's something to be seen in the future, I will of course keep an eye on this game.

Only 33% and it's been in development for a year, so I guess it won't be out until 2010.

I believe we'll se a new trailer on the 2008 Fall conference next month.

Am i the only one who doesn't think the graphics are that great.

I am looking forward to the game, after all it looks like it will be awesome, but i don't see the graphic ingenuity...

Am i the only one who doesn't think the graphics are that great.
The level of geometry complexity and bloom lighting is something that was exclusive to the 360 and PS3 until now.

It even makes me think some are concept renders. Man, I hope not.

Those are some pretty low res scans. Doesn't look like much of a step up to the PS2 versions to me.

the images are too low res to see any "level of geometry complexity and bloom lighting"

What's there to get? Two freaking words for ya:

- Monster

- Hunter

Boring.

the images are too low res to see any "level of geometry complexity and bloom lighting"

Some of the images are half a page! That's not even the Wii's native resolution and still looks good. You can definitely tell there's bloom lighting and geometry complexity.

Are we talking about the scans on the page just before this?

Cuz i don't see anything special on them...

I can't see how people don;t see how good this looks! Anyway, not a problem as we'll be seeing it in motion at TGS!

As far I see it you and a couple of friends wonder round an increasingly attractive world tracking and killing giant monsters.

What's there to get?

The official website has been updated with some screenies, they are basically the ones shown in Famitsu but alot clearer. It doesnt look too different from the PS2 version at the moment but seeing as that version had awesome music, beautiful scenery and amazing Wyvern models im not complaining at all. For all I care they could just port the PS2 version and I would still be a happy man and snap it up.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/

As far I see it you and a couple of friends wonder round an increasingly attractive world tracking and killing giant monsters.

What's there to get?

But isn't that the boring part of games like WoW?

But isn't that the boring part of games like WoW?

Never played WoW (I fear the addiction and what it would do to my social life).

I dunno, the idea sounds fun to me. Likewise I may play it and find it unbelievably boring. However this is a massive massive seller (in Japan at least), so it has to have something going for it.