NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Just over 100, including online time.

Oh, I wasn't aware of the half HP thing. Will definitely give those quests a try at some point anyway. :smile:

Is there any reward for completing every quest?

I miss you being more active on the forum, Redshell.

This game has destroyed our relationship!:(

But it's done wonders for Red and the N-E Brotherhood : peace::hug:

But it's done wonders for Red and the N-E Brotherhood : peace::hug:

I must say, Monster Hunter made the N-E community all the more important to me.

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved the site/forum and the characters on it but the way this game brings you together is amazing.

As Mokong said, we are the N-E Brotherhood!

Well then I must apologise for the fact that I never got this game.:blush:

It's true though, this site has greatly improved nintendonline gaming for me too, even though I didn't get the last three big online Wii games: COD: Black Ops, Goldeneye, and Monster Hunter Tri.

I figure that the last online Wii game I will put effort into is Conduit 2 (I know, Kav82, I know, you don't have to repeat yourself...)

After that, I can look forward to the awesome nintendonline stuff for the 3DS and the successor to the Wii.

Even though I am from The Netherlands, my online gaming loyaties lie with the British:)

Edited by Fused King

Well then I must apologise for the fact that I never got this game.:blush:

It's true though, this site has greatly improved nintendonline gaming for me.

Come Fused King... Join the Darkside Brotherhood :wink:

...I figure that the last online Wii game I will put effort into is Conduit 2 (I know, Kav82, I know, you don't have to repeat yourself...)

Haha, I am an annoying sod at times, I know! lol

I think I'm just gutted that so many people on this forum have missed out on Black Ops, the game deserves so much more love than it gets.

The funny thing is, I'll get Conduit 2 eventually because everyone else on here will get it... and after all; gaming is at it's best when its done with N-E! : peace:

I think I'm just gutted that so many people on this forum have missed out on Black Ops, the game deserves so much more love than it gets.

Same can be said for Monster Hunter :wink:

Don't know if I'll get Conduit 2 yet... but I guess if it turns out to be better than the first and Black Ops gets quite I'll prolly have to get it to get my N-E FPS fix

Finally got the False Felyne mask. It's bloody brilliant! :yay:

Seeing Cha-Cha running around carrying bombs that are more than double his size, while making cats noises and just generally going completely mental, is simply hilarious. :D

He's also become one mean mofo :heh: I think he might actually be a more capable monster hunter than I am now! :laughing:

Your reward is that when you post about it here, I will thank your post.

: peace:

How about you get with the program and get yourself online for some hunting instead! ;)

Don't worry amigo, think of all the fun that lies ahead when MK 3DS comes out! :smile:

Finally got the False Felyne mask. It's bloody brilliant! :yay:

Oh yeah speaking of which, if you plan to do a bit of Ceadus farming make sure Cha has that mask, his bombs will be helpful.

BTW... which weapon did you use on Ceadus first time and how long/many tries did it take?

Oh yeah speaking of which, if you plan to do a bit of Ceadus farming make sure Cha has that mask, his bombs will be helpful.
Will do. I noticed I can't add any abilities to that mask though, which is quite annoying. :blank:

BTW... which weapon did you use on Ceadus first time and how long/many tries did it take?
Think it was the Djinn, it took me 4 or 5 attempts. I wasn't really that well prepared for it, had Rathian armour and Jaggi mask on. :heh:

Hey guys, been away for a while, been to a smash bros and yugioh tourney xD

while I was away I played my friends tri, did his 3-5* quests too, had to make good gs and hammer sets tho. Man I forgot how long it takes to kill stuff the first time you see them.

Anyway I wanna get back into yhe swing ofthings. I should be on tonight from bout 11pm, hope to see some of you guys online =]

Hey all,

Sorry for the bump! Just wondering if people are still playing this game online? I ordered a copy from amazon yesterday as it was only £23! I have always wondered about the Japanese obsession with Monster Hunter so now I get to find out if I like it.

Yes people are still playing online

Check out the online board for the online thread

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27176&page=92

There's a few other beginners about if you want to hunt with people of the same level or if you want some expert help there's still a few high level hunters about, myself included.

If you are hunting with me if you want I can always go easy on the monsters so it's not like I'm doing the work for ya, I could take a weaker weapon or just hang back and type out advice... or if you want I can indeed just rape the shit out of some monsters for ya if you really need items fast :)

Just post in the online thread if you are going online... though I may not be able to get on this evening (if I do it'll be for a short time) and will be away for the weekend too

Very late to the party, but I just picked this up at Asda for £15. I know there's a lot of praise for the game in this community so I thought it was a chance.

Think I might pick this up, need something to keep me occupied untill Xenoblade comes out. Should be pretty cheap right?

I've played between 2 and 3 hours now, just done the first guild quest (after what seems like one of the longest set of tutorial missions). And I'm struggling to like the controls, why is there no lock-on? The amount of times I've lined up an attack, the monster has moved mid swing and I miss is doing my nut in. Especially when I had a two handed sword equipped.

I'm willing to give it another whirl tomorrow, hopefully it picks up.

I've played between 2 and 3 hours now, just done the first guild quest (after what seems like one of the longest set of tutorial missions). And I'm struggling to like the controls, why is there no lock-on? The amount of times I've lined up an attack, the monster has moved mid swing and I miss is doing my nut in. Especially when I had a two handed sword equipped.

I'm willing to give it another whirl tomorrow, hopefully it picks up.

A lock on would work with some monsters but some like to move around so much it would start to give you a headache especially when you spend so much time hacking at them from underneath - the slighest movements could cause rapid spinning of the camera.

Beside, if you started to swing and then the monster moved before you struck it, surely you shouldn't be hitting the thing anyway. A camera lock and auto aim (that tracks through the swing), which is essentially what you are asking for, would only take away from the experience.

Part of the point of monster hunter is learning the attack and movement patterns of beasts and trying to work out how best to attack them. Using heavy weapons that are slow and cumbersome normally requires good knowledge of the enemy to get the most out of them - and you are constantly being left wide open to attack. Perhaps you should stick to the Sword & Shield or Lance for now.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Whilst I appreciate you have a better understanding of Monster Hunter than myself, I can't help but feel it could benefit from a lock-on system. I've played several MMORPGs that use locked-on attack systems against large enemies. The systems work just fine and allow the player to focus on combos, rather than making sure you're going to hit the bugger before it dashes off, I'm looking at you stupid goat things...

So, ya...I saw this in HMV for 12 quid, hyper-ventilated and bought it. An absolute steal for a game I've been after for a while. Although, I am aware that it sucks up loads of your time, so that's one reason why I held off.

Played a good few hours of it, so far. I've seen glimpses to suggest that this game is massive. Question: Is it possible for two people to go hunting on one Wii? Or, is it just that arena battle thing? If so, a bit disappointing that it doesn't use the saved data from the game for that.

I'm doing a quest where I have to get Monster Guts. Sucking at that one. :(

Also, I've found my weapon of choice...Tha Hammmmaaaaaarrrr. Holding the Z button to run with that and swipe at enemies is fun.

Whilst I appreciate you have a better understanding of Monster Hunter than myself, I can't help but feel it could benefit from a lock-on system. I've played several MMORPGs that use locked-on attack systems against large enemies. The systems work just fine and allow the player to focus on combos, rather than making sure you're going to hit the bugger before it dashes off, I'm looking at you stupid goat things...

Use the hammer, dude. Press the Z button to do that power-up type of thing, run towards the goats and smash them to shit.

@Ramer,

Are you mainly using the Great Sword? I'd suggest switching to the sword and sheild a bit, much faster weapon and you shouldn't lose much time if you missed an attack. As Falcon said what you need to do is learn the patterns of the monsters, one you understand the beasts you'll find you will then use slower weapons like the GS more efficently (once you learn the various attacks the GS allows you to do also)

For smaller monsters like the "goats" (Kelbi) which you mentioned, I assume you are trying to get "Kelbi Horns" from them? The Sword and Sheild (SnS) is your best weapon for that quest. Smack them with the sheild and you'll stun them (they'll fall with stars spining above their heads), this will allow you to carve them without killing them and gives a much greater chance to get Kelbi Horns and Blue Horns.

@ Ramer & Flinky

Have ye been online much yet? I'm always up for helping out beginner hunters.

I should be online this evening from 7.30 or 8pm and usually stay on till about 10pm.

Search for me, my hunter name is "Mokong" and my ID is TRCVQJ

I can offer 2 "services" to newcomers, haha

I can go into hunts, sit back let you do some of the work on the monster while I give tips and act as support. Can join in the killing then to speed things up a bit :) (Or kill any freehunts solo while ye deal with the main monster)

Or if you want to level up faster and/or trying to get some stock of certain items/carves I can go hell for leather and slaughter everything, haha.

If either or both of ye are online search for me this evening and send me a message when you find me.

Post up yer IDs and game names here (and in the thread in the online board) so I can search for ye too when I'm between quests : peace:

edit:

i was online just now but gotta go early, if ye ever wanna set up some online huntin post in the online thread :)

And don't forget to post yer ID's too ;)

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

Is there any reward for completing every quest?
Your reward is that when you post about it here, I will thank your post.

: peace:

It's time for my reward then :heh: because I beat all of the offline quests yesterday! :yay:

That's right, even the dreaded double monster hunts. :cool:

To any of you who have the game...

Myself, Redshell and King Mokong are playing this regularly in the evening. I recommend you join us. It's great fun. :)

Really happy with this, such a fun game.

I still have a sealed copy of this in my wardrobe from the cancelled ONM subscription a few months ago.. and I have no desire to take the seal off :hmm:

I still have a sealed copy of this in my wardrobe from the cancelled ONM subscription a few months ago.. and I have no desire to take the seal off :hmm:

Nandoooooh!

Come on, man. Give eet a chance. It's fun as hell.