NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

After skillfully capturing 2 small goldenfish, I jump in the water and scare the other goldenfish away :heh:

Finally cooked my a well done meat. That was a big moment for me!

Hehe, i was about to take that quest.... :)

...oh, wait, i'm not supposed to be playing...:shakehead

Hehe, i was about to take that quest.... :)

...oh, wait, i'm not supposed to be playing...:shakehead

Haha, I feel sorry for you. I've not put this down since I turned it on. Almost ran out of time for that quest actually. Stupid glutton fish.

Kind of considering making armour now. Got a fairbit of money and getting some materials to get them forged. Guild quests are stepping up a bit now!

Also, surprised at the lack of folk going online with this so far. Though I guess it's best to get to grips with the game first.

Oh yeah. For the laughs, took on lagiacrus with no armour and sword an sheild. 2 hits in and got owned. Totally worth it.

Edited by ShadowV7

Haha, I feel sorry for you. I've not put this down since I turned it on. Almost ran out of time for that quest actually. Stupid glutton fish.

Kind of considering making armour now. Got a fairbit of money and getting some materials to get them forged. Guild quests are stepping up a bit now!

Also, surprised at the lack of folk going online with this so far. Though I guess it's best to get to grips with the game first.

*looks to the left* Wii is still on but i'm trying to ignore it :P Having to stop just when i was starting to get a taste of the quests... is plaaaain wrong.

I did a light upgrade on armour, although it amused me greatly to run around in hotpants and a boob tube (with a kick-ass sword!!!!!! HUZZAH!). Quite like it, actually. But now i'll just grind a bit for materials and see what i can forge/upgrade.

What am i saying, i won't grind anything, i'll write a report on Gaze Cueing and revise for Cognitive Science.

Really, i could've played that all night. I curse my academic life. :weep::weep::weep:

Re the online mode, yeah, i suppose that ppl are trying it for now, getting used to it... then they'll go online.. I thought about it but realized that when i do, it'll be my doom... so lets put that to the side for now!

Your thoughts so far?

*looks to the left* Wii is still on but i'm trying to ignore it :P Having to stop just when i was starting to get a taste of the quests... is plaaaain wrong.

I did a light upgrade on armour, although it amused me greatly to run around in hotpants and a boob tube (with a kick-ass sword!!!!!! HUZZAH!). Quite like it, actually. But now i'll just grind a bit for materials and see what i can forge/upgrade.

What am i saying, i won't grind anything, i'll write a report on Gaze Cueing and revise for Cognitive Science.

Really, i could've played that all night. I curse my academic life. :weep::weep::weep:

Re the online mode, yeah, i suppose that ppl are trying it for now, getting used to it... then they'll go online.. I thought about it but realized that when i do, it'll be my doom... so lets put that to the side for now!

Your thoughts so far?

Not been online terribly much myself just yet (wouldn't be impressed with a guy wearing shorts and tight top) Was just really to see how it all worked and what it was like.

Just farmed some materials and now have enough to make a fairly decent belt and trousers, so might run around topless just now. Last quest there, took on 3 monsters at once and just survived, had to kill another 3 underwater. I done it earlier fine enough, but this time with 2 left attaking me at once, was 1/4 health and started looking running away like a pro looking for herbs to eat.

Was then I kinda thought "Should really get armour now".

But now I have to get round to doing Uni work. Had my 6 hours of fun :heh:

Not been online terribly much myself just yet (wouldn't be impressed with a guy wearing shorts and tight top) Was just really to see how it all worked and what it was like.

Just farmed some materials and now have enough to make a fairly decent belt and trousers, so might run around topless just now. Last quest there, took on 3 monsters at once and just survived, had to kill another 3 underwater. I done it earlier fine enough, but this time with 2 left attaking me at once, was 1/4 health and started looking running away like a pro looking for herbs to eat.

Was then I kinda thought "Should really get armour now".

But now I have to get round to doing Uni work. Had my 6 hours of fun :heh:

I still have to get to grips with the underwater stuff, my cam is going a bit schizo... but other than that the game is treating me kindly....the same cant be said of the way i'm treating some of the poor herbivorts... O_o Lets see if i'll be saying the same after some more quests... ;)

Really can't wait to go into the City, though.....

Yes, you're absolutely right. Time to do some work.

i put in 15 hours before going online, and even then i found it daunting , its great online tho i cant wait to get some quests going over the weekend with you guys

This is a good game I went online at the start and I did not now what to do to go online but I got there and I won a game of arm westle and I relley hate the Arena bit but I like online and singer player oh my online name is Snowyday

BEHOLD HoT IN ALL HIS GLORY!

IMG_0342.jpg

It arrived yesterday morning and as expected I played it non stop for around 11 hours straight. Where to begin.

I jumped straight into the single player mode to get to grips with the new creatures and features of the game. I was quite happily making some progress with this when I got a text off my mate saying his copy had arrived. At this point he jumped straight onto the online part of the game and wanted to hook up. We met up and both of us with shoddy weapons and no armour went about doing the quests online.

We started out small as he hadn't played the game yet ( he's still a MH vet though ) just so he could get used to it. We did the usual gathering quests until we decided we wanted a challenge. With still no armour and very little upgrades to our weapons we went for the capture the Great Jaggi quest.

It was hilarious. Everytime the thing kept calling in back up it they kept getting owned by a series of swings from our Great Swords and eventually the sucker started limping so we trapped and tranqed it.

Feeling quite pleased with ourselves we thought we would take on Qurupeco...big mistake. We battled and battled with it all the way til the end of the mission timer but we ran out of time. With our heads in our hands in was time to upgrade!

We set about getting weapons first as they just kept bouncing off Qurupeco. I upgraded the iron sword GS to the Rugged Great Sword which is quite the beast, especially offline. My mate kept all of his cash and parts until he could make his first Switch Axe which he seems quite happy with.

Next on the list was armour. I knew what I was after but had to mix and match for a while until I was able to fight the beast, while my mate was after a full set of Great Jaggi armour so we set about killing that a few more times. With the new weapons in hand it fell very easily. :D

My mate went offline to watch the Liverpool match, I was supposed to do the same but the game had me hooked ( just aswell we apperently played tripe and got beat ). While he was away I went offline and went about defeating Qurupeco and Royal Ludroth by myself. They didn't stand a chance and with the Royal Ludroth dead it gave me a chance to upgrade my armour some more.

I went back online after the match and we hooked up to take on a Royal Ludroth. It was going so well until the cheating SOB entered an area where Rathian was hanging about it. We had to defend against that while trying to keep attacking Ludroth at bay. Luckly Ludroth decided to take the battle into the sea so we dived in after him. I quickly set about using shock traps and he soon fell after that.

At this point I was knackered but I wanted to do 1 more quest before going to bed. We decided to take on Qurupeco as we wanted revenge for our defeat earlier, 10 minutes later and the sucker was dead. He even tried to call in back up but many times nothing came to help him. FEAR US!!!!! :D

So that was my first day on MH3 with many more to come. I decided to call myself HoT so when I hook up with people on here they should know who I am.

Here's my details.

Name: HoT

ID: F8RNA4

We should pick an online town were we can just use all the time so whenever we go online we can just go there. A nice feature is once you have someone on your freindslist you can just warp to them once your online.

Im off to have some breakfast and a shower then its back to the hunt I go!

Yeah, I think making an N-Europe town would probably be best, so we can just log on and see who's there. Was quite chuffed with the teleport feature.

My details:

Name:Thomson

ID:YFHDA5

Well guys, I decided to go for it and picked it up whilst I was out this morning.

Wasn't sure whether to get the game on it's own given I have normal CC but I went for the CC Pro bundle - I already have Wii Speak.

This better be good or I'm holding H-o-T and Shadow personally responsible :p

Well guys, I decided to go for it and picked it up whilst I was out this morning.

Wasn't sure whether to get the game on it's own given I have normal CC but I went for the CC Pro bundle - I already have Wii Speak.

This better be good or I'm holding H-o-T and Shadow personally responsible :p

Good man! I think you'll enjoy it. Currently having a bit of trouble against the Great Jaggi, fainted twice now. Though this is a battle for the ages this. He does a tail swip and I jump to the side and hit him with the sheild. So awesome. Really enjoying this quest.

First time I fainted, I thought I best get some herbs. Started picking on some Jaggi's getting in the way of my herbing and guess who shows up for round two :hmm:

Edit - He's tired now, he's going down.

Edit 2 - After running away again a few times and going to sleep, he's down!

Edited by ShadowV7

ive killed hundreds of monsters on and offline and put in20 hours yet im still only HR 3? how come your lv4 with half the time hero ;)

Just made my character and watched the opening movie - good to see Yoda's finding work after Star Wars.

ive killed hundreds of monsters on and offline and put in20 hours yet im still only HR 3? how come your lv4 with half the time hero ;)

HR only counts for online questing, your offline time means nothing in terms of your Hunter Rank.

Just been killing me some Royal Ludroths since breakfast and upgraded my armour some more. I bought the cap for the gunner even though I use a GS but it looks so much cooler than the sword user one despite being alot weaker. Also, nabbed me a new sword with 500+ damage and 200+ water damage. That Qurupeco is fairly gonna get a pasting next time we meet. :D

Anyone fancy some online questing now?

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I can do a quest before I leave for Uni, was goin to try and capture a Great Jaggi there.

So I've killed some beasts as part of that opening task to find the chief's son and you know what, I felt a bit guilty about it.

Attacking some ferocious beast is one thing, attacking a harmless creature is something else.

I'm at Valor 2, City Gate 1, City 4.

Is there a way to type in the chat log without a keyboard? T_T

I'm hardcore! Didn't mean to there either :heh:

We owned Qurucupo, well once we actually found the thing! Was funny as hell when he took down you and my mate down with one shot. Also when it was calmly drinking water, minding it's own business and then BANG! Triple attack! It was proper stuck in a corner all curled up in a ball as 3 hunters were wailing on it. :D

I will be playing online in the same room that Shadow set up if anyone else wants to join me and my mate.

Valor 2, City Gate 1, City 4.

I have the standard classic controller, whats the difference with that and the pro?