NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Mines arrived at my house earlier which is super special awesome. Still stuck at Uni but i've decided to go home early for some reason...

Mines arrived at my house earlier which is super special awesome. Still stuck at Uni but i've decided to go home early for some reason...

I can't think of anything either... ;)

Mine's just come (well, an hour or two ago...) and I wasn't expecting TWO figurines. Surprised when I looked at my bill though and it turned out it had been reduced to £49.99 including shipping. Excellent. Shame I won't be playing the game for a week or two though (others to finish...) Figured if I didn't preorder it would be impossible to get with the amount of advertisment it's getting.

Just gave mine a wee run for its money.... yaps, just like i remember it from Manchester :P

Hardest bit so far... was saving and pressing the home button.

It's time to go back to my lab reports!! Who wouldn't want to write a report instead of playing MHT?: peace:

and since people are sharing, here's my bundle of joys :P (pls note the absence of provisions next to it.... as there won't be any gaming in the near future...) 89908142-cfd63462596f6baeed60567447e3ca5c.4bd06a45-full.jpg

:nono: i hate my life...

Edited by Rinha

Wewt, finally back home. Got my stash ready and currently unboxing my lovely beast!

My fuzzy stash, courtersy of the DSi.

Hurray!!! ^_^

NOW GO PLAY! Play, play for those of us who can't!:weep:

Mine arrived! Also got one of those head things for free...so it would have been pointless for me to buy that chest..(well not entirely would have got a classic controller pro..but still). The rubber stinks! haha

Gonna start playing it right NOW! But only for a little while! Tired now! haha :grin:

Every pre-order get's a Rathalos figure, the chest comes with a bundled Lagiacrus figure, then you get the pre-order bonus on top of that so you get 2 in all.

Out to mine me some ore for my sword upgrade :)

Every pre-order get's a Rathalos figure, the chest comes with a bundled Lagiacrus figure, then you get the pre-order bonus on top of that so you get 2 in all.

Out to mine me some ore for my sword upgrade :)

Ah right, there well made aren't they? :)

I really love the look of the classic controller pro too! Plays ok with the wii-mote setup though!

Enjoying it so far, it's very informative! I've decided to upgrade my armour almost immediately! Lovely graphics. I'll play more tomorrow now! :)

I'm a little unsure about this game now I've read more about it.

It's the complexity of the combat (or rather lack of it) that is worrying me. Every video I've seen shows the character running up to the monster, doing a vertical swing followed into a horizontal swing and then legging it before turning around and doing it all over again.

How does this compare to something like Phantasy Star? On the surface, at least, they strike me as being quite similar styles of games.

Ah right, there well made aren't they? :)

I really love the look of the classic controller pro too! Plays ok with the wii-mote setup though!

Enjoying it so far, it's very informative! I've decided to upgrade my armour almost immediately! Lovely graphics. I'll play more tomorrow now! :)

Yeah, I quite like them actually. I like how detailed they are. And this is gonna be crazy, but armour? For noobs. Going half naked with just a sword is the way to go!

Yep, i've bought no armour so far and pimped my sword up!

I'm a little unsure about this game now I've read more about it.

It's the complexity of the combat (or rather lack of it) that is worrying me. Every video I've seen shows the character running up to the monster, doing a vertical swing followed into a horizontal swing and then legging it before turning around and doing it all over again.

How does this compare to something like Phantasy Star? On the surface, at least, they strike me as being quite similar styles of games.

Hahahahah. I assure you, it's not like that at all. There is a lot of tactics involved when facing a big beastie. Get it. Especially if you're a fan of PSO. You won't regret it.

Hahahahah. I assure you, it's not like that at all. There is a lot of tactics involved when facing a big beastie. Get it. Especially if you're a fan of PSO. You won't regret it.

Well that's the thing - it strikes me the PS games have a greater range of offensive maneuvers (though I've only played Zero) and yet I still found that repetitive after a while.

I wish I'd gone to one of those events now and got a feel for it (however limited)...

I'm off work tomorrow too so I could get a lot of quality time in with it too before the weekend kicks in fully.

Decided to go online and register. I'm not 100%, but it seems you go to the guildmaster in the tavern, and you register it automatically creates your online ID.

I'm still walking about in the city though, might be wring :heh:

Update: So yeah, looking at my profile, you keep your characters name from offline and you get an a random online 6 digit online ID and use those to add folk to your friend roster.

Edited by ShadowV7

Decided to go online and register. I'm not 100%, but it seems you go to the guildmaster in the tavern, and you register it automatically creates your online ID.

I'm still walking about in the city though, might be wring :heh:

Update: So yeah, looking at my profile, you keep your characters name from offline and you get an a random online 6 digit online ID and use those to add folk to your friend roster.

But your display name is the name you choose right?

Can't wait to get this tomorrow though it will probably be like 8 or 9pm before I get a chance to play with it. Can you go online straight away to register or do you need to set up the single player first?

Yeah, I quite like them actually. I like how detailed they are. And this is gonna be crazy, but armour? For noobs. Going half naked with just a sword is the way to go!

Yep, i've bought no armour so far and pimped my sword up!

I have a feeling I'll end up doing something similar, haha

But your display name is the name you choose right?

Can't wait to get this tomorrow though it will probably be like 8 or 9pm before I get a chance to play with it. Can you go online straight away to register or do you need to set up the single player first?

I have a feeling I'll end up doing something similar, haha

Yeah, display name is what is the characters name you choose when creating your guy. You need to make a character up to take online, then(I think) when you exit, and pick your character again, you choose village(single player) or city(online)

It's awesome just running around on the bare essentials and having an awesome sword! I have the materials to upgrade my armour, but lack the money so far.

Also, I keep burning my meat :heh: Felt so sorry for the guy, that I ordered him some food while I was in the city. Had something to drink then went over some online settings and emotes.

Great I've now got two copies of Monster Hunter Tri Gameplay didn't cancel my pre-order for the limited edition treasure chest and they've just started dispatching today, now I've got to make sure to be in for Parcel force delivery. :laughing:

Make that three copies Zavvi have also forgot to cancel my order..

Edited by The-Ironflame

After skillfully capturing 2 small goldenfish, I jump in the water and scare the other goldenfish away :heh:

Finally cooked my a well done meat. That was a big moment for me!

how long will the initial tutorial take to do?

The introduction itself will take a fair bit since different things are done by carrying out tasks/quests. But the basics like hunting monster and gathering some resources will take an hour or two.

So your online character is separated from the offline one?

Same character.