NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Even i'll join you. Dunno about others or anything, but not knowing is part of the fun for me, and it's always fun to help out new folk I think. At the very least, it'll be a laugh and will be a story.

Cool! Are you pretty good as well? or new to all this Monster Hunter lark mate? :grin:

13 hours in, now and ive only done about 8 quests :)great game and its very addictive too,

i cant wait to play online once the severs are up

I'll be total n00b when I get this on Friday, so might try spending more time in single player first to get the hang of it... though I will likely go online almost straight away to see what happens (and to claim my name)... can you only play with people or Europe? Or can we connect to peeps in the US also?

Won't get a lot of play time in the first week though as will be away from Sunday till the following Friday.

The servers are seperate so only Euro peeps for us and possibly the Aussies aswell. I still haven't been able to find an answer as to what servers they will be using. The communties will be smaller this way but it also makes them tighter.

Here's some online details from a Gaf user.

Some things I noticed while playing online last night:

- You cannot receive inbox messages while in a quest, and the only way you can talk to someone not in your group during a quest is if they join your lobby and you have lobby chat turned on.

- You cannot send inbox messages to someone who is offline.

- You can search for people by typing in their ID or name. But, when you search for people, you only can search for people that are currently online.

- There is no "Add Friends" option. The only way you can add friends is to send them a friends request inbox message, and that means you can only add your friends that are currently online.

- Only friends who have Wii Speak can hear you through Wii Speak.

- In-game chat-box is extremely slow and awkward to use.

- Chat log is the easiest way of communicating, so I recommend getting a keyboard.

- I noticed zero lag while playing online last night.

- You can back out of an online quest at anytime.

- I believe you could join a lobby with three other friends, and each one could go on a separate quest but still be able to communicate with each other as long as you are on each others friend's list and have Wii Speak and/or a keyboard (unless you want to stop, bring up a text box, and have a monster kill you while you slowly type "hello")

- Wii Speak is a mixed bag. Some people I can hear almost perfectly and can have a coherent conversation with, while others I have no idea what they are saying.

Even though I have waited so long for this, I am a bit on the fence, but I think im about to fall off into the "getting it anyways and screw the consequences" camp. One thing. I have that old white classic controller that plugs into the wii mote. Is there any point in me getting the CC pro? Also, I was thinking that I may just use skype for this game rather than wii speak (which i dont have) or a keyboard, which I may buy if I dont need to get the CC pro. So what do you guys reckon then?

Cool! Are you pretty good as well? or new to all this Monster Hunter lark mate? :grin:

I've got some experience with MH, enough to get by at least. I'll probably be a bit of a noob myself to the vets we have on the boards!

I wonder if the WiiSpeak issues will be sort of random. Like A and C can hear each other but not A and B etc. Then next time they hook up A and B can talk to each other fine. Will suck if it's constantly A and B can't talk for instance. Or if folk just can't talk properly into WiiSpeak properly that causes the issues. I would think Capcom would make sure it works fine before releasing it.

I'm still remaining hopefull for this though. WiiSpeak would make it a blast. Trying to convince myself to stay offline and work on my character before jumping online.

I think, if folk are on to meet up with, i'll go straight online. If not i'll dive into the single player while spaming F5, then cursing my refresh finger for getting me killed against a Jaggi!

Even though I have waited so long for this, I am a bit on the fence, but I think im about to fall off into the "getting it anyways and screw the consequences" camp. One thing. I have that old white classic controller that plugs into the wii mote. Is there any point in me getting the CC pro? Also, I was thinking that I may just use skype for this game rather than wii speak (which i dont have) or a keyboard, which I may buy if I dont need to get the CC pro. So what do you guys reckon then?

I have a CC but getting the CCP anyway. It's because the design makes it far more comfortable to hold and extra shoulder triggers to make it a bit easier. Now sure how well it works with the CC though. I've considered Skype aswell. Used it while playing one of my friends on Brawl. But my TV is my monitor so my mic is going to be fairly far away. I'd say get a keyboard though, since I don't think Skype can be totally reliable, i.e. not everyone using it.

I'd say if you can, get a CCP and a keyboard. Or if you really want to mess with the rules, go all out and get the whole kit.

Edited by ShadowV7

Hmm, have waited for this game for so long, and it reminds me so much of PSO. WTH think ill go all out and get the whole caboodle. Cheap usb keyboard should do fine right or are there any in particular i should look out for?

Parcelforce says mine is sorted in the hub and I get it today when I get it I do a unboxing and go online and my online name will be pokekillar.

Parcelforce says mine is sorted in the hub and I get it today when I get it I do a unboxing and go online and my online name will be pokekillar.

If it sticks to the previous games you can only use 8 characters when creating your online ID.

And it has been decided, Im playing this with my wiimote and nunchuck. The main reason for it is that you have pointer controls for your "hunters notes". There is no way to do that with a classic controller pro, and its really annoying for my going to classic controller pro, and pick up my wiimote evry 10 minutes to get the monster info.

I tested them both and find the wiimote nunchuck combo the best, you can disable waggle for your weapon. But maybes that because i never played a monster hunter game before.

anybody had a dispach email from gameplay yet??

Check your order on Gameplay.

Mine is Out for delivery that was at 22-04-2010 05:04

Yes my game is here I will be doing a unboxing and then I will be online.

Edited by canand
Automerged Doublepost

did you order from gameplay?

No I orderd from Game with Express shipping

Mine's just arrived!!!

Ohhhhhh, what a lil' slice of joy mid april.... a mix of birthday with xmas!

Merry birthmas meeee :bouncy:

Mine's just arrived!!!

Ohhhhhh, what a lil' slice of joy mid april.... a mix of birthday with xmas!

Merry birthmas meeee :bouncy:

*Sits in the corner and cries*

I hate you guys, only for a week, perhaps I should just leave this forum for a week :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

3478rxz.jpg

It's arrived !

annnnd.... I'm surprised how much stuff you get in the limited edition box ... two games manuals..one being French :-S I haven't played it yet but can't wait until I do!:bouncy:

ka09ec.jpg

*Sits in the corner and cries*

I hate you guys, only for a week, perhaps I should just leave this forum for a week :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

Oh, poor Kirby....

If it makes u feel any better, i wont be playing it for a while cuz of my exams.... now put urself in my shoes for a split second and imagine the torture.... I dunno how i'm gonna cope.... i'm here trying to convince myself to NOT put the disc in...:cry:

It's arrived !

annnnd.... I'm surprised how much stuff you get in the limited edition box ... two games manuals..one being French :-S I haven't played it yet but can't wait until I do!:bouncy:

It is a gorge lil' thing, isn't it??

I already got both figurines on display... was a bit disappointed with them being in rubber but the level of detail is still amazing!! :grin:

Can't wait. I hate my life. I want may to come...

Oh, poor Kirby....

If it makes u feel any better, i wont be playing it for a while cuz of my exams.... now put urself in my shoes for a split second and imagine the torture.... I dunno how i'm gonna cope.... i'm here trying to convince myself to NOT put the disc in...:cry:

It is a gorge lil' thing, isn't it??

I already got both figurines on display... was a bit disappointed with them being in rubber but the level of detail is still amazing!! :grin:

Can't wait. I hate my life. I want may to come...

It's certainly a thing of beauty :-) I didn't realise I get TWO figurines to be honest so was pleasantly surprised. The classic controller is very ooomph too

It's certainly a thing of beauty :-) I didn't realise I get TWO figurines to be honest so was pleasantly surprised. The classic controller is very ooomph too

Oh, yes! U get the Lagiacrus with the Ultimate-Bootycake edition :laughing: and the Rathalus for preordering it! More for us, everyone's happy! *V sign*

And the CCP is indeed awesome, it's surprisingly comfortable! I can't wait to finally give it a decent go and try everything....... *sigh*

...can i resist it? I'll try. Really hard.

EDIT: I cant resist it... i have to give it a spin if only for a few mins... :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Edited by Rinha
because its stronger than me :P