NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

I got (Express Shipping and it says

20/04/2010 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

and have you got any images of the event and are you geting Monster Hunter Tri Limited Edition Ultimate Hunter Pack

Well, i received confirmation that mine has been dispatched already and i've been tracking it! And yes, i'm getting the chest!

You can find shots of the even on the FB page! :D

I'm getting this on Friday with the Classic Controller Pro. Don't have Wii Speak though... how necessary d'you think it is?

Nops, standard delivery and a lot of faith on any deity willing to answer my prayers! :laughing:

Manchester was great fun, the venue couldn't be better, the team was FANTASTIC and it was awesome to get a taste of the game... only problem.... gotta wait till i can fully play it! :nono:

See you'e lucky. You only needed to wait 5/6 days to get your own copy, i've had to suffer an extra week of torment :nono:

And WiiSpeak will help the experience out a lot Spune. I'd say it's worth it if you tend to play online.

And what's more is that i'm off tomorrow then busy on Thrusday, and you lot have had yours sent and mines is stuck on getting picked and posted T_T

THE TORMENT!!!

See you'e lucky. You only needed to wait 5/6 days to get your own copy, i've had to suffer an extra week of torment :nono:

And WiiSpeak will help the experience out a lot Spune. I'd say it's worth it if you tend to play online.

And what's more is that i'm off tomorrow then busy on Thrusday, and you lot have had yours sent and mines is stuck on getting picked and posted T_T

THE TORMENT!!!

When did you pre-order it I pre-orderd it on

Order date: 07/03/2010

Order time: 18:32

THE TORMENT!!!

If it makes you feel any better... i won't be able to give it a decent spin until i'm rid of exams... which will be mid may! :shakehead THAT'S a torment :P

not yet ive ordered from gameplay

I have orderd from Game and mine says

20/04/2010 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

If it makes you feel any better... i won't be able to give it a decent spin until i'm rid of exams... which will be mid may! :shakehead THAT'S a torment :P

Ah yes, exams. Got some mid/late May myself(all in a row T_T)

Still, no matter how much I try and resist, I know i'm just gonna end up having a couple of days of pure Monster Hunting once my subjects stop for this semester :heh:

Curse the education system, clearly they deliberatly set exams at this time to torment us Monster Hunters :blank:

Mwahaha, you have the game but can't play it properly. I know their plan...

Ah yes, exams. Got some mid/late May myself(all in a row T_T)

Still, no matter how much I try and resist, I know i'm just gonna end up having a couple of days of pure Monster Hunting once my subjects stop for this semester :heh:

Curse the education system, clearly they deliberatly set exams at this time to torment us Monster Hunters :blank:

Mwahaha, you have the game but can't play it properly. I know their plan...

*shakes fist at ether* CURSE THEMMMM!

Last exam will be 14th of May. Swear by god, 1st thing i'll do will be spend a good couple of days slicing dino bum! :)

But until then....... no gaming. Had MHT and Demon's Souls this weekend for a bit and that's it!

Must. Resist. URGE!!!:weep:

You can find shots of the even on the FB page! :D

Hey, how did the MH demo day go then? Positive impressions of the game I'm sure.

Well i might play this online...but i will have no-idea what i'm doing (just so you know).

Hero-Of-time you up for a noob joining your team? haha :grin:

Anytime! I love helping people on MH, any excuse to put some more hours into it. :D

My order is on its way. :bouncy:

I was reading some WiiSpeak impressions from Gaf members yesterday, some say it works others say it's terrible. I guess we will find out soon enough.

*has keyboard at the ready*

going to try to play the game with the wiimote+nunchuck combo from the look at the demo manual it's the way to go for newcomers, and i dont really mind to hold the wiimote sideways for another combo attack. And if that control methode is really awfull than im switching to my imported classic controller pro.

anyone doing the same as me, or had anyone tried both options? of so could you give us some hands-on (and keep in mind that most of us are monster hunter virgins :laughing:)

going to try to play the game with the wiimote+nunchuck combo from the look at the demo manual it's the way to go for newcomers, and i dont really mind to hold the wiimote sideways for another combo attack. And if that control methode is really awfull than im switching to my imported classic controller pro.

anyone doing the same as me, or had anyone tried both options? of so could you give us some hands-on (and keep in mind that most of us are monster hunter virgins :laughing:)

Most of the hands on impressions said the Classic Controller Pro was easily the way to go, Capcom even helped Nintendo design the pad. I've heard many people say the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo is fiddly but with alot of practice you get used to it.

From reading this it seems that the Classic Controller Pro is definetly the best choice for newcomers and veterans of the series. Still, its all down to what suits you best, so have a bit fiddle about and see what's comfortable to you.

Hey, how did the MH demo day go then? Positive impressions of the game I'm sure.

It was a wicked time, good ppl, nice sandwiches, 2 mad hunters, lots of giggling and hell..... got to playyyyyy!!!

It was really cool to see how much of a challenge it can be and, as i mentioned before... i can see myself burning a lot of time with MHT. :D

Really liking the mechanics, even if still musing on the point of certain weapons but i guess... different people, different styles!

Most of the hands on impressions said the Classic Controller Pro was easily the way to go, Capcom even helped Nintendo design the pad. I've heard many people say the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo is fiddly but with alot of practice you get used to it.

From reading this it seems that the Classic Controller Pro is definetly the best choice for newcomers and veterans of the series. Still, its all down to what suits you best, so have a bit fiddle about and see what's comfortable to you.

Having tried both of them- but having to make do mostly with the wiimote+nunchuck as each machine had a CC and a wiimote... i found myself entering freeform jazz tourette every 30secs. Classic controller FTW! But of course, as it's been said, it all comes down to what people feel more comfortable with! :D

Edited by Rinha
Automerged Doublepost

Well i might play this online...but i will have no-idea what i'm doing (just so you know).

Even i'll join you. Dunno about others or anything, but not knowing is part of the fun for me, and it's always fun to help out new folk I think. At the very least, it'll be a laugh and will be a story.

Classic Controller Pro >>>>> Wii Remote and Nun-Chuck I think. When I tried out the CCP, I was surprised how easily I picked it up. It was second nature.

Anytime! I love helping people on MH, any excuse to put some more hours into it. :D

My order is on its way. :bouncy:

I was reading some WiiSpeak impressions from Gaf members yesterday, some say it works others say it's terrible. I guess we will find out soon enough.

*has keyboard at the ready*

That's my order sent now aswell. Well looking forward to this. I might jump straight online as soon as I get back tomorrow. Any others willing to do some virtually naked hunting instead of being smart and getting some armour?

I have hopes for WiiSpeak, would be so awesome if it worked out well. I want to be part of the screaming once a beast is chasing after me!

Well i've just done a spot of shopping and bought my munchies for tomorrow, something to wash it down with and alot of spare batteries for my controller. With these supplies placed next to my CCP and keyboard im all set. Just need the game now...

IMG_0341.jpg

"DORITOS! What all real Monster Hunters eat!" :D

If it does arrive tomorrow I will spend most of the morning/afternoon offline to get a half decent armour set and weapon before heading online. Im still not sure what to call my online character yet either. I may just go with Adam, or H-o-T or even go back to my original PS2 MH name, Holyman. I can't decide. :)

Well i've just done a spot of shopping and bought my munchies for tomorrow, something to wash it down with and alot of spare batteries for my controller. With these supplies placed next to my CCP and keyboard im all set. Just need the game now...

Indeed, you're fully set!!

Now u just need one of these :)

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/09/17/review-monster-hunter-3-ramen/

With real bits of Lagiacrus!!:grin:

Indeed, you're fully set!!

Now u just need one of these :)

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/09/17/review-monster-hunter-3-ramen/

Pfft, Ramen is overrated...and...I don't know about any of you, but what I am seeing here from H-O-T...is kind of sad :laughing:

(But hey, knowing me, I'll lock myself in a room for a month playing Dragon Quest IX)

And Doritos is not food for men, they are for little girls :heh:

I have a little stash as well for this!

Man, I get home from Uni late tomorrow, even later on Friday. Must find a way to get home earlier... I'll make it happen, I swear...

£10 on me getting home early and it doesn't arrive :heh:

Pfft, Ramen is overrated...and...I don't know about any of you, but what I am seeing here from H-O-T...is kind of sad :laughing:

(But hey, knowing me, I'll lock myself in a room for a month playing Dragon Quest IX)

And Doritos is not food for men, they are for little girls :heh:

To hell with you. I've been waiting 4-5 years for a new console version of MH, I have every right to be super hyped.

I would have got a couple of tubes of Pringles but the Doritos were on offer. :laughing: