NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Yeah, I'm thinking of cancelling my treasure chest now. How did you get a £30 bundle with classic controller?

Nice unboxing video. The chest is cute but much smaller than I anticipated, along with the bust which looks tacky, so I'll be cancelling that exclusive order and going with my Amazon MH3 game + controller £30.99 order.

Obviously you should cancel your GAME order and go with Gameplay. Also, do you really need to waste an extra £5 on Express Delivery after complaning that you got Pokemon the same day as everyone else who pre-ordered?

No I will stick to my Game order and I got the Pokemon games before friday.

A fair few sites do that canand. Your money you're wasting, so your choice.

I wanna see no complaints when everyone else got their cheaper order at the same time as you got yours :heh:

How much do you think its going to cost instore for the game only. £35??

Tempted to go with Zavvi, but worried they'll deliver it after the weekend.

After reading the Eurogamer review, I caved in and ordered a Wii speak. Never thought I'd do such a thing... I feel... dirty.

Where's the cheapest place to get this. Or this with classic controller>!>! I'm not convinced about the treasure chest anymore!!

Cheapest place to get any version is from Zavvi.co.uk

The game on it's own is £29.85 while the CCPro bundle is £41.45, but if you use the following discount codes you can get them even cheaper :-

APRIL2 - £2 off a £20 spend = game for £27.85

APRIL4 £4 off a £40 spend = CCPro bundle for £37.45

I'm joining in on the fun come next week. Got the chest preordered at game for £59.99 :D

I'm joining in on the fun come next week. Got the chest preordered at game for £59.99 :D

I seen your post in the Gaf thread. Good man!

Here's some great tips ( or commandments as Gaf are calling them ) for newcomers.

1. You will get better.-- If you find yourself saying "Fuck this game is so hard!" Do not worry, you will get better, everyone does. The best way to get into the game is to play Multi and Single at the same time. No one starts out awesome.

2. Choose your weapon based on your playstyle not on power.-- I know everyone sees the power of a hammer or a great sword and thinks "More power = faster kill!" NO! In the world of Monster Hunter 100% damage is almost never guaranteed. The higher the power the harder it is to swing and the harder it is to get the damage you see in that little weapon information window. That hammer may look badass in your hand, but you won't feel like a badass when you get tossed around by a weakass punk like Dos Jaggi.

3. BE PREPARED! -- You should always have 10 great potions (once you can make them) 10 potions, 10 meat (once you can start making your own, start making them) one trap of each type, 2 trap tools, 5 or so of the items necessary to combine with trap tools to make extra traps and a few paintballs for marking your prey. You can carry 4 traps at a time, so when you can do so, do it. People will love you for it. Sometimes they have sandstorm sales online that put a lot of this stuff on the cheap, so take advantage. You can get honey which is a key ingredient to making Great Potions in the single player farm. When I said play single player and multi at the same time this is what I mean, your gathering in the single player will make your multiplayer experience go a lot smoother. Oh, and nuts are great. Get a lot of nuts.

4. Learn the monsters. -- When you know the monsters, you can abuse the monsters. If you know their escape patterns, you can set traps way in advance to punish them. If you know their attack patterns, you can know when and how to attack them. If you know their flight patterns, you can minimize your kill time because they won't be able to fall asleep when they are low on health. If you know their weaknesses and their tells you can paralyze them and turn that roaring dragon into a drunk idiot. The game at it's heart is punch-out. Don't forget that!

5. Be nice, help the new guys. -- Everyone starts at the bottom and getting the hang of the game is hard to do alone. If you've already gone through the 1 star quests, don't think you're too cool to help someone beat their first Qurupeco or Dosjaggi. You can always get materials and stuff.

6. Unless you have your math worked out, buy armor in sets. -- Each piece of armor you get gives you a point or two in a certain armor skill, these points are pretty much useless until you have 10 15 or 20 points in that one skill, the same goes for negative points so don't be scared to wear something that puts you in the negative. Armor skills are the life blood of customizing your character. You can get things like auto monster tracking so you never have to use a paintball again, elemental protections, and all sorts of really, really useful things. Just remember, sets.

7. Know your weapon trees! -- The weapons you can make in Monster Hunter generally come from the weapons you already have. There are only a few base weapons that you can make at any time. Those weapons, through upgrading, then branch and unlock various other weapons. Typically you'll want to have 2 or 3 weapons you're upgrading at a time. The more weapons you have the more options you have, never rely on raw power alone, status effects like sleep and paralyze will help your party greatly but some monsters have their resistances and you want to be ready for that!

8. Communicate. -- If you know where a monster is, let everyone know. If someone helps you out, thank them. You are a group fighting something much stronger than you, if you don't help each other out and communicate, you're bound to fail. If you want to go out and mine  or gather, TELL PEOPLE.

9. Don't jump straight into guns. -- Guns require a separate set of skills and a separate set of armor. Learn the monsters and the game before you attempt getting into a range weapon. Gunners are very helpful because they can heal and do all sorts of things, they are the caster class of the game after all, but just know that it's not an easy road.

10. Eat! -- Online (and eventually in single player), before every quest always go to the dinner table and order some grub. The bonuses you get from food will make your life a lot easier.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Cancelled my treasure chest and just ordered the normal copy from amazon. Hopefully my wii will turn up this week in time for this, and I can get 2 weeks in before I go away!

Is this game going to be delayed becuse of the Volcanic ash cloud.

I've been wondering somewhat similar to this myself. If games get distributed over Europe via flight, as well as shipping in general say from England to Scotland. If so we're screwed :heh:

No idea how this lot works though. It'll blow goats if it gets in the way. I've become increasingly impatient for this ever since I got a taste of it last week.

I've been wondering somewhat similar to this myself. If games get distributed over Europe via flight, as well as shipping in general say from England to Scotland. If so we're screwed :heh:

No idea how this lot works though. It'll blow goats if it gets in the way. I've become increasingly impatient for this ever since I got a taste of it last week.

I hope not becuse I wanted to go to the Manchester Event but Manchester United was on please dont be delayed.

HOT post has totally scared me about this game! I can't be dealing with 'planning ahead' like that! Haha :D

It's getting such good reviews though and Wii games lately are starting great but boring me quickly! Doubt I'll play this online either. :blank:

:) great 3 hours spent on it so far

this is going to be very addictive :)1005025.jpg

Edited by yesteryeargames

1005025.jpg :) great 3 hours spent on it so far

this is going to be very addictive :)

HOW THE HELL???!!

Yeah wtf, how come everybody here gets their stuff before me?

This is when we realize most of the people who frequent the N-Europe forums write for other sites anyway and get almost everything before we do...

Yeah wtf. Explain. Now :blank:

I asked him this when he got Picross 3D early but never got a reply, but I'm assuming it's got something to do with him being a finalist in Britains Best Nintendo Gamer 2009 competition (all games published by Nintendo during 2010 free and early?) unless of course yesteryear is a reviewer for another site.

Also, could canand's fears come true? I was browsing Play.com earlier, and noticed that they had the release date down as April the 30th. Just looking at TheHut and Zavvi now, and they also have April 30th as the release date.

Edited by welsh_gamer

I asked him this when he got Picross 3D early but never got a reply, but I'm assuming it's got something to do with him being a finalist in Britains Best Nintendo Gamer 2009 competition (all games published by Nintendo during 2010 free and early?) unless of course yesteryear is a reviewer for another site.

Also, could canand's fears come true? I was browsing Play.com earlier, and noticed that they had the release date down as April the 30th. Just looking at TheHut and Zavvi now, and they also have April 30th as the release date.

Play have had the April 30th date for ages now, it's nothing new, seen a few (good) adverts over the weekend that said 23rd, nothing yet today though...

I think most stuff gets shipped by train/truck and boat though (at leats that's what I'm hoping)

Closure of UK airspace

Please be aware the closure of UK airspace and airspace in parts of Europe unfortunately continues to affect the transport of mail by air and could cause delays with delivery of orders. This is impacting upon some UK domestic mail and mail due to either leave or enter the country via UK airports.

from game website http://www.game.co.uk/Help/~h9823/Despatch/

Closure of UK airspace

Please be aware the closure of UK airspace and airspace in parts of Europe unfortunately continues to affect the transport of mail by air and could cause delays with delivery of orders. This is impacting upon some UK domestic mail and mail due to either leave or enter the country via UK airports.

from game website http://www.game.co.uk/Help/~h9823/Despatch/

Game have started processing my order so I think they have the game in stock, so no worries there!