NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Things people like, but you can't quite understand

Although

1. Mcfly/Busted/Charlie Simpson.

My friends all adore them and think that they are/were awesome bands etc.. I can't stand any of them :(

I always thought they were shit. I mean I cvan sort of understand for little kids but I cvan remember in year 8 when one of my friends said that I must hacve been the only person he knew that didn't like them. Now he likes Slipknot and bands like that. I realy don't get it when people still like them.

I actually don't think they are comparable....

Seriously......

Can you go out with your friends and watch Anime and Sing About Anime?

I do that all the time.

"Can Anime inspire people?"

Yes. Yes it can. In fact, many anime and manga contain valuable life lessons.

"Can Anime result in some of the greatest experiences of your life time?"

Well, the greatest experience in someone's lifetime should be things like having a son and stuff like that, but when you're watching something you really like, you can remember those moments forever and hold them dear. You probably do that with sports, which is just about competition and doesn't have a lot of association with life and the human mind.

"Well it's different, but it's based on the same convention...

Japanese people with big eyes and facial expressions"

That's just an incredibly huge misinformed opinion. It's just a drawing style, what matters is the content. I've seen anime about love, family, war, school, diseases, psychological issues, etc... Saying "lol its just some girls with big eyes" is a clear sign that you don't know what you're talking about. It's like saying "all football games are the same, it's just guys running after a ball trying to score a goal".

Attention, I'm not starting a flame war or anything, each one likes and dislikes what they want, no problem at all, I just hate misconceptions that are formed over lack of information and false pretenses.

EDIT: I also realize this has been discussed befre, I just wanted to state my opinion.

MATHS

This forum, not to mention the internet, and most of the world around is is possible because of maths... :indeed:

This forum, not to mention the internet, and most of the world around is is possible because of maths... :indeed:

irrelevant to whether I like it or not. It may be important and useful, I(and many others) still don't like it.

Also, smileys. I don't like them, unless used in moderation.

:heh::(:smile: :smile: :):(:confused::indeed::shakehead:bowdown::yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay::indeed::heh::(:)

wispas

there i said it

Run while you still can! Runnnnnnnnnnn!!!

:heh::(:smile: :smile: :):(:confused::indeed::shakehead:bowdown::yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay::indeed::heh::(:)

Yeah, that's what she said! :heh:

I like smilies, but only when used carefully to help emphasis a point, or for a similar useful purpose.

All this talk of wispas lately and I have no idea what it is. And I'm too lazy to look it up.

People shouldn't diss sport. It's a fun way to do exercise and increases team skills.

1. Not doing exercise

2. Cricket

3. Bill Murray

4. ITV

5. The Daily Mail

6. Poker

7. The Cult of celebrity

8. Organized religion

People shouldn't diss sport. It's a fun way to do exercise and increases team skills.

You have to remember you're on a Nintendo forum. The most exercise these lot ever get is when walking to the bathroom to empty their wank jar.

You have to remember you're on a Nintendo forum. The most exercise these lot ever get is when walking to the bathroom to empty their wank jar.

Or in the future rocking from side to side on the Wii Balance Board.

Thats a slight generalisation :p

I gotta say, i used to hate excerise. I run to and from work (unless Letty is around, since shes incredibly unfit...) or if i'm going anywhere in town.

Theres quite a steep hill to get to my house, i used to get out of breath walking up it, now its a breeze.

The fact is, i can't stand sport. Theres more team work involved in playing most online games (with people who aren't cretins) than a game of football.

(unless Letty is around, since shes incredibly unfit...)

*shakes fist*

*lowers fist, panting heavily*

D:

The fact is, i can't stand sport. Theres more team work involved in playing most online games (with people who aren't cretins) than a game of football.

Are you Dave Allen by any chance?

Read the topic again... :wink:

95% of people who are anti-sport are mad (but wont admit it ) because they are athletically unable to be good at a sport.

The Truth ^

I'm athletically unable to be good at sport, but that's not the reason that, for example, I don't like watching football. I suppose I also have few tribal instincts.

I just can't wrap my head around people just not liking SPORT, Not Football, Sport... Which their are many different kinds. Heck even if you liked Bulgarian Basketball, but the whole of Sport, You are missing out big time in every aspect....

I play alot of Online games but I personally think that a game of Football or any sport outside may not be as competetive, but much more enjoyable than say a game of Halo 3 :P

Halo, it´s a game not a religion.

Muse, Every time that singer starts to sing i die a little on the inside.

6. Coca-Cola - I just don't like it.

13. TVI (Portuguese Channel)

AMEN

We're 2 of a kind in the Coca-Cola thing.

Fortunately there's a lot of hating of the TVI channel.