NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendos Conference MASSIVE NEWS INSIDE!

Ok I know there is another topic I created the other week but I thought I would make a new one and heres the scoop so far. Just got in from nightshift so im sorry if the spelling is off as im trying to stay awake and keep updating/editing the thread as news comes in :)

-Ok firstly for me this is the biggest thing ever. Monster Hunter 3 is coming to the freaking Wii!!!!!!!! The series is amazing and the sales it does in Japan are amazing so this is awesome news. Its also suprsing that they have managed to "steal" this away from Sony but I suppose Capcom want alot of people to play it so the Wii is the way to go in terms of units sold. Add to the fact that Monster Hunter is an online game when on a console and you have a winner.

-Smash Bros. has been delayed in Japan until January 24, 2008.

Nintendo shows a new trailer. Sonic is going to be a playable character! The trailer shows him transforming into Super Sonic.

The game will include online fights. In addition, it will have online cooperative play of some form.

I expect that the Sonic Trailer will be todays update on the Smash website and im quite pleased now that we euro peeps arent the only ones missing out on Smash this year :)

-Mario Kart Wii will include a steering wheel controller. The game will also include motorcycles! A release is set for Spring 2008.

-Nintendo will put more emphasis on the Wii Vote channel in the future. You'll be able to put rankings for games that you've played and search for games that fit your liking.

-Nintendo will also begin a service similar to the DS Station retail service. You'll be able to download demos from your home.

-The Wii Ware service will get more than just mini games and puzzle games. Square Enix will release Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the service. It will be be subtitled The Young King and the Promised Land and will be exclusively available for Wii Ware. The price of the game has been annouced as 1,500 Wii points (awesome ) In the game, you build your own country. Service will begin in March (in Japan).

ff.jpg

15yvvys.jpg

(possible screenshot, not confrimed yet)

-Nintendo has announced Pokemon Bokujou, which translates to the English Pokemon Farm. With this Wii Ware title, you can transfer your Pokemon from Pearl and Diamond to the Wii, then raise them in a farm-like environment.

-Other Wii Ware software shown includes Star Soldier R, Mojipittan Wii (this is a Bandai Namco word puzzle game that's a big hit on the PSP and DS) and Doctor Mario.

-Some quick trailer clips of DS games set for the end of the year. Each title gets five seconds. Footage of Fire Emblem DS and Dragon Quest IX shown

-Next, Wii trailer clips. Mario Kart Wii, Famicom Wars Wii, Super Mario Stadium Baseball, Wii Music and other games.

All of these annoucements have made me a very very happy Nintendo gamer. Im not sure if its over yet so here is the link, feel free to add anything else thats announced.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826130p1.html

Well its over now, then ended with a long demo of Wii Fit.

This is what myself and many other Nintendo gamers have been waiting for. We dont want to hear about the bragging and who has sold what, we want to hear about new games and get excited about them.

I wasn't waiting so much from this conference!!

Can't wait to see how Sonic looks in Smash Bros! Some people will be pissed but it was obvious. Unfortunately, I have to go to university before the update.... ARGH!

And Monster hunter is one of the very few PS games I wanted to play but can't. And considering sales of this series in Japan, it will boost Wii sales. Next: Main Dragon quest series on Wii!

Wiiware channel seems awesome. The pokemon game is an excellent idea! And we'll finally have a DS demo channel!

Man im some pumped, I need to go to bed but I have to wait for the rush to leave me :) I cant wait to see some of the footage shown over there.

Magnificient news regarding Sonic, but already seeing quite a few fanboys complaining unjustifiably. Sonics inclusion is even bigger than that of Snakes, in the context of videogame history, in my opinion anyway. For many, many years, we've been waiting for an official avenue (i.e. developed/published game) to release where Mario & Sonic could duke it for real. It is now a reality. A childhood dream is now realised! This really is one of the best gaming announcements all year for me.

I'm interested to see hows hes unlocked! I smell Mario/Sonic at The Olympic games linkage...

Also I should note, thats a good price for Wii Ware (1,500) points for FF:CC. Very good price. 1,000 points for an N64 game, only 500 extra and you get a > and or = to Gamecube game.

Can someone explain the significance of Monster Hunter 3? I've seen a lot of people hyping that more over Sonic being confirmed as a playable character in Brawl...

EDIT: Just realised why... :yay:

Monster Hunter 2 was the best selling PSP in Japan ever, (maybe second?), and is undoubtedly an awesome game. It's hard to explain, I'll go in-depth later if no one does but I've got to leave soon.

It was originally a PS3 exclusive, so I guess this just shows how company's are shifting their focus to the Wii.

Wow, this is the biggest news day Nintendo have had in months!

I never wanted Sonic in Brawl, but I suppose it was inevitable. Everything else sounds great, though! I love the Pokémon idea especially. The expanded Voting channel and the demo download service sound brilliant too.

Man, this conference was better than the E3's :heh:

Some really good details now. Sonic in Smash, good! DS demos, good! Bikes in Mario Kart, good! Monster Hunter, good! FFCC online game, WTF awesome!

-Ok firstly for me this is the biggest thing ever. Monster Hunter 3 is coming to the freaking Wii!!!!!!!! The series is amazing and the sales it does in Japan are amazing so this is awesome news. Its also suprsing that they have managed to "steal" this away from Sony but I suppose Capcom want alot of people to play it so the Wii is the way to go in terms of units sold. Add to the fact that Monster Hunter is an online game when on a console and you have a winner.

Always been interested in those games, sounds awesome!

-Smash Bros. has been delayed in Japan until January 24, 2008.

Nintendo shows a new trailer. Sonic is going to be a playable character! The trailer shows him transforming into Super Sonic.

The game will include online fights. In addition, it will have online cooperative play of some form.

I expect that the Sonic Trailer will be todays update on the Smash website and im quite pleased now that we euro peeps arent the only ones missing out on Smash this year :)

Holy Shit! Thats awesome. Like, really awesome. And online coop I was hoping for too. This game will be so good.

-Mario Kart Wii will include a steering wheel controller. The game will also include motorcycles! A release is set for Spring 2008.

Not sure about Bikes, have too see how its implemented. It is Mario KART, afterall.

Nintendo will put more emphasis on the Wii Vote channel in the future. You'll be able to put rankings for games that you've played and search for games that fit your liking.

Sounds pretty useless for most of us but again aimed at the "casuals" I think.

-Nintendo will also begin a service similar to the DS Station retail service. You'll be able to download demos from your home.

Wait, is that the DS Demo channel? Any date given?

-The Wii Ware service will get more than just mini games and puzzle games. Square Enix will release Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the service. It will be be subtitled The Young King and the Promised Land and will be exclusively available for Wii Ware. The price of the game has been annouced as 1,500 Wii points (awesome ) In the game, you build your own country. Service will begin in March (in Japan).

ff.jpg

15yvvys.jpg

(possible screenshot, not confrimed yet)

Can't be a particularly big game then :( But I like the price.

-Nintendo has announced Pokemon Bokujou, which translates to the English Pokemon Farm. With this Wii Ware title, you can transfer your Pokemon from Pearl and Diamond to the Wii, then raise them in a farm-like environment.

-Other Wii Ware software shown includes Star Soldier R, Mojipittan Wii (this is a Bandai Namco word puzzle game that's a big hit on the PSP and DS) and Doctor Mario.

-Some quick trailer clips of DS games set for the end of the year. Each title gets five seconds. Footage of Fire Emblem DS and Dragon Quest IX shown

-Next, Wii trailer clips. Mario Kart Wii, Famicom Wars Wii, Super Mario Stadium Baseball, Wii Music and other games.

Awesome! Fire Emblem DS will be sweet and nice to see the reappearence of Wii Music.

Gotta run to school now. But this topic brightened my day!

Bikes in Mario Kart? :(

I don;t like this.

But poaching Monster Hunter from SONY... WOW. The rest of the news is wonderful too. The Sonic announcement makes the last edition of Gamerpals look a bit premature!

This, for me anyway, has been better than E3.

Wow, this was a huge surprise!

Great stuff though, super happy to see Wii Music back on the scene. :yay:

Hopefully there’ll be some vids/screens soon.

just checked the boards this morning. Three words : Bikes? Sonic? DSDownloadchannel ?

It smells good. Real good. Good mixed with great.

Did anyone have any idea that Nintendo would have so much for E4All? No wonder E3 seemed so quiet. I was totally unprepared for all of this.

Did anyone have any idea that Nintendo would have so much for E4All? No wonder E3 seemed so quiet. I was totally unprepared for all of this.

EA is more for the press (i.e. Non-gamer press) - E for All is mainly for gamers (as you have to pay to get in). Plus Nintendo are the main game company at E for All.

All this news....

...and now time to play Portal.

Amazing!

DS downloads is the BEST IDEA EVER!

The Wii-Ware station seems to be coming along!

Lets hope Smash Bros keeps it US date for us importers! Although it's looking unlikely now!

Isn't their a conference/event in USA today?

WOW!!!!!!!! I wake up and I get surprised by such great news!

WiiWare starts to shape up. The announced titles so far sounded so... meh. Finally some interesting games coming from big developers!

Motorcycles is Mario KART? Hm, i'll reserve judgement for it.

Sonic in Brawl is awesome. Love it! Online co-op? Perhaps the adventure mode? :D

MH3 for Wii is HUGE. Its predecessors have done amazing sales in Japan. Having it coming to Wii is great news and should be a 500K seller at minimum, if not a million seller. I wonder if it's still coming to PS3, it's been suggested though.

The best news for me personally is Fire Emblem DS. I'm replaying the first FE on GBA and I was just wondering yesterday when there'll be a DS version. So here it is!

Happy time!

Amazing!

DS downloads is the BEST IDEA EVER!

The Wii-Ware station seems to be coming along!

Lets hope Smash Bros keeps it US date for us importers! Although it's looking unlikely now!

Isn't their a conference/event in USA today?

YES...or tomorrow not sure which!

Personally don't know which is the best announcement...Wiiware, sonic, bikes, DS download....Monster Hunter doesnt interest me but it is massive news and a great scalp for Nintendo it was a PS3 title originally!

One thing I really hope they would do as part of the DS channel is let you use your wii to go online with the DS....my router works with wii not DS...not that its going to happen.

EDIT;

OH YEAH- and online co-op in Smash Bros thats awesome...

I really dont get why any of that is exciting...

You mean because Crapster Cheif wasn't announced for Brawl!?:indeed: