NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Sega Bass Fishing!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8798/1/Sega_Brings_Bass_Fishing_to_Wii

It's fishing time on Wii once more courtesy to Sega bringing the classic Bass Fishing franchise to Nintendo's ickle white box for more Wii-remote waggling, fish-catching antics!

According to TVG, the Wii edition will feature four different modes: from Arcade, Tournament to training and Nature's Journey. 15 different lakes and 20 different types of bait will feature.

bassfish1.jpg

bassfish2.jpg

bassfish4.jpg

With Samba De Amigo and now this it seems Sega are going on a bit of a Dreamcast to Wii porting spree, which is no bad thing!

What makes this news better, is that it ups the likely hood of Sega bringing other DC games to the Wii aswell...

Jet Set Radio [Wii-mote Graffiti?!],

Chu Chu Rocket,

Crazy Taxi,

House of the Dead,

Virtua Cop,

Outtrigger,

Rez,

Space Channel 5 [which may already be on the way] etc...

NBA 2K...

NFL 2K...

Virtua Striker...

Virtua Tennis...

Then hopefully if they sell good enough, which they should, we'll start seeing brand new sequels on Wii!

Beautiful Dreamcast graphics we've come to expect, but this series/franchise is like the GTA of fishing games basically, so the fact its exclusive on Wii, is a big plus for fishing game enthusiasts...

Can't believe no one else has posted about this what a game this is! Anyone else pick it up the other day?

Isn't there already another bass fishing game (one made by the developers of the original Sega Bass Fishing) on the Wii with an online mode?

i have got sega bass fishing plus the dreamcast rod. :)

Awesome game. The more sequels to Dreamcast games we get the better. On any console. Even the GBA. Please Sega? :(

I got a copy through work, not played it yet though as I'm waiting for the rod attachement in order to get the full fishing experience.

Isn't there already another bass fishing game (one made by the developers of the original Sega Bass Fishing) on the Wii with an online mode?

I'm not sure about developers or modes but there's about 4 fishing games out now. None have sold many units and I can't really understand why these things are being released.

I got a copy through work' date=' not played it yet though as I'm waiting for the [b']rod attachement[/b] in order to get the full fishing experience.

I'm not sure about developers or modes but there's about 4 fishing games out now. None have sold many units and I can't really understand why these things are being released.

yeah I saw the other fishing game looks pretty good...but its no sega fishing...also what rod attachment?

To be honest I haven't seen it, there was a demo running in the office last week and one of the French guys mentioned that in France its being packaged with a Wii Fishing Rod, which I'm guessing is just a housing for the remote in much the way the Wii Zapper works. Anyway they said they could possibly get me one and so I thought I'd wait for that before playing it. Its not like its going to be my game of the year so I didn't mind waiting a few weeks before playing my copy.

ive got this, i like it allot, there seem to be more levels than the dreamcast original and the graphics look nice, nothing spectactular but decent enough :), controls work well, just a shame this doesnt have online features, even rankings :(

still worth picking up a solid 7/10 for me

The game doesn't interest me but something you just said does:

Crazy Taxi!

I had the original on PS2 and loved it, if they brought it out on Wii that would be special.

There's hardly a lack of choice for playing Crazy Taxi, just get the Cube version and play it on your Wii. I still have my DC version which I've been meaning to set up for a while now. Also got the PSP version but nothing to play it on.

The DC was just too early. It should have come out a little later imo.

There's hardly a lack of choice for playing Crazy Taxi' date=' just get the Cube version and play it on your Wii. I still have my DC version which I've been meaning to set up for a while now. Also got the PSP version but nothing to play it on.

The DC was just too early. It should have come out a little later imo.[/quote']

Crazy Taxi with Wii controls and 'crazy drifts' and jumps.

Sign in to follow this