NEurope
Helmsly

Phantasy Star online Episode 3 C.A.R.D

So I've been playing through some of my gamecube games and I've found myself re-addicted to PSO Episode 3 again. Did anyone here at N-europe buy it? What did you think of it and did you ever get online?

I remember seeing next to nobody on the EU servers back when this game came out which was really disappointing (the Japanese and US servers has thousands though).

Sadly now the servers have been taken offline so its all offline play only now. I've been playing through the story mode and just finished the Hunters story and am now going through ARKz (which I'm finding really hard since I never could get used to playing as ARKz).

phantasystaronlineiii1vx6.jpg

I really really liked this game among all my gamecube titles. I was already a PSO fan but I thought when they announced its sequel would be a turn based card game that...it would be terrible. But I ended up buying it anyway and found out it had much more in common with advance wars then a true card game and online was pretty decent.

The music is brilliant too.

I was a really big fan of PSO, bought episode 1 and 2 but unfortunately the whole "Card Revolution" idea really put me off 3...

Card games are something I really and truly LOATH.

But if what you say is true... might have a scout around to see if I can find this on ebay or something.

yeah I had it. Never beat the Arkz story. Last boss kept beating me :(

Only played online a couple of times though.

It was a good game for a while, but I got bored with it quickly.

i was a hardcore PSO fan back in the dreamcast days so me personally i found this game really weird, and kinda a let down =P

all that aside it is deffinately a good game to play and i was pretty disappointed to find the EU servers constantly empty, playing with our friends in Japan is fun but hard when you cant actually communicate.

Love the PSO series. Especially this and it was fantastic fun online. Great going in a tournament and planning ahead so people would fall into your traps.

Done Hunter story twice and Arkz once.

Is the server down yet? I'd rather pay my subscription for this rather than PSU...

Man I love this game. There's just something about PSO games that really grab my goat by the horns and take it in the backside.

I got up to this woman with long red hair I think (a major boss judging by the moody setting) and wasn't able to pass her, there was no other alternative missions, to progress in the game, I had to beat her... My stats ended up being too low so I sorta gave up... :shakehead

I got up to this woman with long red hair I think (a major boss judging by the moody setting) and wasn't able to pass her, there was no other alternative missions, to progress in the game, I had to beat her... My stats ended up being too low so I sorta gave up... :shakehead

Sounds like that’s the final boss for the Hunters storyline called Pollux. She is really hard to beat and a lot of it is down to luck thanks to her "death whim" move that had random effects. It took me about 10 attempts to beat her and constantly trying out different decks. pso World have a good strategy guide to beat her if you ever feel like going back and finishing her.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2065

Sounds like that’s the final boss for the Hunters storyline called Pollux. She is really hard to beat and a lot of it is down to luck thanks to her "death whim" move that had random effects. It took me about 10 attempts to beat her and constantly trying out different decks. pso World have a good strategy guide to beat her if you ever feel like going back and finishing her.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2065

Yep thats the one... Just triggered my memory again... Been a while since I played. Only had about 3 to 4 attempts. Now I remember why I stopped playing, I cracked it because she literally had only 1 bit of HP health left and it went to her turn and her next move killed me, so frustrating. After I finish my exams, i'm gonna play PSO 3 again and beat Pollux and complete the Hunters storyline as I enjoyed the game when I played it for that brief period of time. Severely underappreciated GC game...