NEurope
Bren

The Best Stand Up!

Well he's not really a stand up comedian, (but he has a weekly show and stands up sometimes) But Rick Mercer Is a pretty good comedian.

Hmmm the last bit was poor wordplay. Im going to give your comeback 5/10!

Pointing out you talk hypocritical bullshit and you give a piss poor excuse of "poor wordplay" only gets me 5?

My, how this affects my life.

LOL seriously though

Oh, you were joking, awesome.

your one of the few people I know who didnt find that clip funny and I think its because you cant relate too it.

Why can't I relate to it? I'm actually curious now.

First off wow at us both being up at 3am, my excuse is Im home bound due to my dodgy leg and have got together a dodgy sleep routine, whats yours :)

Why do you need an excuse? I stay up 'till 5AM sometimes just so I can brag.

So... are you guys arguing with each other or Chris Rock?

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks John Cusack looks just like Bill Hicks?

John_Cusack.jpg

Bill_Hicks_image.jpg

Ed Byrne

Mitch Benn

Andy Parsons

Dara O' Brian

Frankie Boyle

Markus Birdman

Mark Watson

Saw loads of great comedians at the comedy club at uni last year. Shame i can't remember the names of most of them...

Richard Pryor has to be an all time favourite for me. I watched some of his standup just recently, Live on the Sunset Strip I think it was, and man, it was fantastic.

The man had a nasty childhood. Both his parents died when he was a young age, and only had his grandmother to look after him who worked in a brothel, which he had to go to with her sometimes as well. He grew from that to become a profound, yet ultimately entertaining comic. His material involving race is spot on, and never takes it too far; the way he can jump in and out of characters is highly idolised, and he (like most other comedians, granted), never took himself too seriously, even joking about his most tragic moments in his life (for example, after his incident of setting himself on fire, he got on stage, lit a match and said something along the lines of "What is that? It's Richard Pryor walking down the street!").

A lot of his movies were good too, but nothing will ever top his stand up. He will sorely be missed.

Chris Rock = Closest thing this generation has of a Richard Pryor.

If you ever say that again, I'll track you down, gouge you're eyes out ans skullfuck you.

You know what, I love that deceased Black American comedian, forgot his name, he starred in "See no Evil, Hear no Evil" and died this year. Sure, he overused the N-word but keeping in the mind the days of which he came from, I'm sure his stand-ups were universally funny!

Whats his name? Dave Chappelle?

Yeah, I know you wern't saying that Rock was anywhere near as good as Pryor, but I just don't think Chris Rock is that good a comedian. I have laughed a couple of times at his jokes, but ultimately he doesn't really do anything for me. Personally, I think Dave Chappelle would be a better comparison.

But, yeah, I know what you mean.

The Chapelle show = funny as fuck at times e.g his rick james act. But as a stand up comedian, im not entirely convinced by him.

Anyone know who Im talking about?

I am disapointed in you guys. I see not one mention of the greatest stand up ever, Eddie Murphey's Raw.

Don't get me wrong Bill Bailey, Jack Dee, Bill Hicks (not as good as claimed, but still great), Stephen Wright and many others, but Eddie Murphey takes the cake.

Watch this from Raw: A short clip

My favourite comedian is Lee Evans.

Seen him 4 times now and would go again anytime! I just have to look at him and he has me in stiches.

Other than that I like comedy in general and often go to small comedy gigs with unknown comedians.

I am disapointed in you guys. I see not one mention of the greatest stand up ever, Eddie Murphey's Raw.

Don't get me wrong Bill Bailey, Jack Dee, Bill Hicks (not as good as claimed, but still great), Stephen Wright and many others, but Eddie Murphey takes the cake.

Watch this from Raw: A short clip

Not sure why but i didn't find that clip funny. It was entertaining, but not funny...

Um, Ricky Gervais, and Peter Kay are the ones I've only really seen, so I'll say them.

Havent watched that many stand up show's, but an ex-girlfriend made me watch Lee Evans with her, and I found myself forcing myself to laugh just to please her. Peter Kay and Ricky Gervais are ok, but seem to have both very good and very bad joke's in their set's. Dunno if Ken Dodd is classified as stand-up, but I saw him live over the summer and he was bloody good.

Seeing Marcus Brigstocke live tonight, and I have high hope's for his gig as most of his previous work is pretty darn good. Woo!