NEurope
Bren

The Best Stand Up!

Right, i think its about time we have a thread were we can post all the best stand up comedians from around the world. Theirs so many of them, and im always hearing about a new one every few weeks who has been out for ages but iv missed!

So without further ado, one of my fav american comedians, Kat Williams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNeDom1rW4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbHj7UfZzuM&mode=related&search=

post anymore below that u think are funny.

Yeah Katt Williams is pretty funny Skunky, his sense of humour is too black orientated for my liking. Love him on Wild N Out though :)

Yeah wild n out is well funny, is it still on MTV at 11:30?

Mikey Day is funny as fuck on wild n out aswell.

Not typically a stand-up, but Andy Kaufman was fantastic. Kevin Meaney is of a similar ilk to Kaufman, but more of a straight "bad" stand-up and he's damn good. Stewart Lee is probably the best stand-up currently on the circuit though, the way he disects his comedy is fantastic.

Louis CK is pretty funny too. Bill Hicks were pretty good also, though not the martyr that people make him out to be.

Funny (a ha ha!) you should mention it, but I was just watching a video of this guy, who I thought was a riot myself...

Good thread; does ANYONE remember/recognize the name Frank Skinner?

It's just that my friends can't remember who he is at all for some reason. Just wondering if he's that unpopular.

On a related note: He did a standup comedy show at my local (shitty) theatre recently. Wish I went to see him.

Sorry, was merely scanning through posts for his name, must have skipped past that one accidently!

I'm amazed your friends don't know who he is, he had a major slot of ITV1 for a few years and he's still got a very successful stand-up show. Though saying that, it is true that stand-up's don't get enough coverage on television anymore, terrestrial tv at least.

Not sure if he's technically classed as stand up. But Dave Gorman is by far my favourite comedian.

I'm amazed your friends don't know who he is, he had a major slot of ITV1 for a few years and he's still got a very successful stand-up show. Though saying that, it is true that stand-up's don't get enough coverage on television anymore, terrestrial tv at least.

The Frank Skinner Show, exactly. I was surprised when nobody recognized the name, even more so when they couldn't recognize the show or his face (Youtube clips). They're normally generally in the know, too.

Not sure if he's technically classed as stand up. But Dave Gorman is by far my favourite comedian.

Absolute LEGEND. His Googlewhack Adventure and Are YOU Dave Gorman were two of the best books I've ever read.

Ross Noble, Eddie Izzard and Bill Bailey :)

three comedian who never fail to make me laugh

Eddie Izzard is genius.

Slightly off topic, what happened about the youtube tags?

Canada has alot of great stand up comedians. For some odd reason I can't remember the name of a single one of them though.

Yeah true... But he is awesome. Anyone who is a stand up fan should buy his googlewhack dvd.

I used to be a big Ricky Gervais fan still am, but less a fan of his stand up now(been to see him)....He is still reusing jokes from 7 years ago when he made his abortive attempt at a chat show on Channel 4, also from his podcasts and XFM days.... Whilst he still funny he is no doubt resting on his laurels stick to the sitcoms I say...

Ross Noble; LEGEND without a doubt one of the funniest men around!

Off to see Alan Carr on friday with my girlfriend (at her request) not expecting much bar the stereotypical gay we see on Friday Night Project but we shall see....

Ricky Gervais, Lee Evans, Chris Rock and Bill Hicks are awesome.

I don't agree with pretty much anything Bill Hicks says, but it doesn't mean he's not funny.

This Chris Rock stand up on Rap Music is just godly, everybody here will relate to it too, even the people who hate it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z9A2I-X7b-w

funny stuff :D

I didn't see anything funny about that, just some truths:

Rap recently can't be defended on an intellectual level.

Girls who like rap which mentions treating women like shit have no problem being treated like crap, so long as there's a good beat. The dirtier the better.

Government hates rap, feels like repeating this a few times.

Tupac is a restless soul.

I didn't see anything funny about that, just some truths:

Rap recently can't be defended on an intellectual level.

Girls who like rap which mentions treating women like shit have no problem being treated like crap, so long as there's a good beat. The dirtier the better.

Government hates rap, feels like repeating this a few times.

Tupac is a restless soul.

I think as it is with all comedy, it's the way it's delivered.

Lee Evans, Jasper Carrott, Al Murray, Tim Allen (He did stand-up before and during Home Improvement), Ross Noble and Eddie Izzard are just a few i can name which are great stand-ups.

I like Lee Evans, but he's got a bit boring now, Ricky Gervais is funny, but i CANT stand Peter Kay, he just annoys me. He was top dolla in phoenix nights though!

Jimmy Carr is probably my favorite comedian at the moment.

Bill Hicks >>> All

Alot of his opinions where up to debate, and half the time it wasn't stand-up, it was just crazy passionate screaming, however he made a point out of it.

The Irony is he gloryfied smoking yet that was probably what killed him, still he was both funny and he did provoke thought.

And if even if you did disagree with him you could at least see where he was coming from and how his logic did make perfect sense

In the last few weeks you have turned into my most hated poster round here, good job. Whether its whining like a pansy cos you have had a bad day and threatening to ban people. Overreacting cos somebody has a different view to yours with snobbery or making ignorant posts like you just made - lets be honest the only humour you would prolli appreciate is stuff about Nintendo - you have did it.

Wes said it all, funny as hell clip that analyses the perception of the genre. Anybody who wasnt laughing at the part where Rock was singing "slap em with a dick, blind the bitch" has no soul.

Chris Rock = Closest thing this generation has of a Richard Pryor.

Be honest 1/2 your content in your post resolves around telling people about their lives despite being totally oblivious to the individuals life....

Its funny how you lecture people about how we should appriciate your tastes.

The moment we say how we don't like something of yours, woah instantly wrong!

Whatever, if you hate me, fine. Alot of people do like me around this place and trust me, my threatens to ban is simply playful banter. There are codes and regulations all staff have to abide by which i have for the last few years.

my favourite would be carl barron, not sure if any non-australians would have heard of him though.. :(