NEurope
Maiky-NiSuTe

'New Pack' Wii SKU Coming?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/new-pack-wii-sku-coming-308196.php

Chalk this one up under extreme rumor for the moment, but according to a post on Codename Revolution, a new Wii SKU called the "New Pack" is being dangled by some distributors for retailers to snatch up this holiday season. Prices at $289.99 Canadian, this potentially new SKU would run the same as a standard issue Wii.

I heard this rumour end of last week....there are tons of rumours as to what it could be;

DVD compatible Wii

New Colour

New Game Pack in (like Super Mario)

Do you know which rumour I also heard and the one I'm siding towards its the new consoles containing the Wii Jackets...

Do you know which rumour I also heard and the one I'm siding towards its the new consoles containing the Wii Jackets...

The new wrist straps didn't need a new code, so I doubt the jackets will.

I'd say a Mario Galaxy bundle.

The new wrist straps didn't need a new code, so I doubt the jackets will.

I'd say a Mario Galaxy bundle.

point taken but you weren't getting anything extra then....I'm hoping I proved wrong...

Also, there would be new SKU's for Wii Play and the Wii Remote if it was the Jackets.

Red or Black Wii and Mario Galaxy for Europe i reckon!

I have a strong feeling. No-idea why. If it doesn't happen, then it should off! :D lol

Wii with 3D Visor, Cold Fusion Reactor, and M3GATON capabilities confirmed.

Sorry too old and predictable to be funny.:blank:

Sounds like Wii Play + Big Brain Academy.

Good bundle, but hans't most people got Wii Play now?

Good bundle, but hans't most people got Wii Play now?

Most people who have a Wii do, but this is easier for people who don't have one. It'll probably have 2 remotes packed in as well, if Wii Play is in the bundle.

That rumour is an obvious fake but the 12-year old who thought it up will eventually be right anyway.

Sounds like Wii Play + Big Brain Academy.

Are you serious? LOL...Gawd...and here I was actually getting excited over the what this could be. Bah.

I know what it is!!!

Nintendo are going to replace the current version with a SKU that has reduced storage so you can only save 3 VC games to your console, as well as that there is no backwards compatability so you can't play those VC games and then there is no disc drive either.

This new SKU will retail for £299.99 to better compete with the 360 elite which has so far out performed the struggling console... whoops sorry i started talking about the ps3 there by mistake!!

Well in fact the only thing i think we can guarantee is that it won't be a massive change, bundles are the most likely, but there is no way Ninty would make any big changes in light of the continued sales performance.