NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Gordon Brown: No Election

What do you guys make of this?

Opinion Polls show that The Tories are ahead of Labour, which is pretty scary because I really do not trust the Tories, and David Cameron.

I think this was a bad move on Brown's part because I think had he called an election now, he would of won it I think. The people trust him more than Cameron, but due to all this speculation the polls are starting to show otherwise.

But the other side of the coin suggests that since he said that neither this year, or next will be an election year.

I am happy to see that he is going to give himself time to implement change.

Long Live Labour...Etc

I hate how he promised to have an election, but then when he realised the tories were more favoured by the public suddenly decided he wouldn't have it.

Realistically I'd prefer he just bite the bullet, and have the election.

would of = would've. Gets to me.

Anyway, personally I don't really give much of a shit about it all. Cameron is sly and I don't trust him, but politics is about spin not honesty, so meh.

He's obviously worried that he's going to lose and really doesn't want his legacy to be "Prime Minister, June 2007 - November 2007". A few weeks ago it was a dead cert that Labour would win but the Tories are slowly gaining due to their conference which was a massive success.

I think he needs to call an election, we didn't vote him in, he should prove that he's up to running the country.

He's obviously worried that he's going to lose and really doesn't want his legacy to be "Prime Minister, June 2007 - November 2007". A few weeks ago it was a dead cert that Labour would win but the Tories are slowly gaining due to their conference which was a massive success.

I think he needs to call an election, we didn't vote him in, he should prove that he's up to running the country.

Thats because we don't vote for a Prime Minister we vote for a party.

I know that, you know that but the majority of people don't actually know that though, or if they do, they vote for who they want to be PM rather than who they want to represent their constituency.

Well, this looks very much like Brown thinks he will lose and is trying to pretend that this is not the case.

We're supposed to only consider local MPs when we vote, but most people (sensibly) consider the party as well.

(also, excellent work jayseven)

David Cameron is a posh prat who tries to hard to pretend he is down with the youth, Labour all the way.

Which policies in particular do you like from Labour then?

It really has to be Conservative for me. I watched part of Cameron's speech at the Conference and I agreed with almost everything he said. The thing about schools was great, giving headteachers the power to remove disruptive pupils from classes and the school if need be. Streamlining classes.

Raising the inheritance tax threshold to £1 million.

Giving local governments more freedom.

I would of had voted for Mr Cameron if there was a General Election this fall.

Change is good, and the policies of course.

Realistically, no MPs are "down with the youth".

I get the impression everyone just votes Labour because thats what they are used to. I saw an interview on TV during the last elections, and the guy was interviewing a random woman on the street, and she said: "In my opinion, the Iraq war is one of the biggest mistakes this country has ever made."

And then she went in and voted for Labour, the party that decided to send the troops into war.

I prefer when people have actually thought about the matter, like Hobbz obviously has read up on the facts etc.

Subjects have been revamped, money has been put into faciallities and this has combined to see a rate of more pass rates at GCSE level.

Because the exams haven't just been made easier :indeed:

Some exams yes, but at least they now contain on the whole the more nessecary stuff people need to know rather then the stuff that has no benefit to a career or life in general.

And the retarded comment of the day award goes to... hobbzinio! Again.

I don't understand politics much, but I do not like the conservatives at all.

David Cameron annoys me sooooo much. And he seems so slimy and horrible. Where I live we never have any labour candidates, so the tories usually win.

Lib Dems FTW :)

I hate Gordon Brown and David Cameron equally.

They are both so unappealing. Why do they choose really uncharismatic people to represent the party / country?

At least Boris Johnston has a funny personality. I'd defo vote him for PM.

I hate Gordon Brown and David Cameron equally.

They are both so unappealing. Why do they choose really uncharismatic people to represent the party / country?

Thats why people like you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I like Gordon Brown, so I don't mind. Although this does sound a bit suspicious, like a dictator, does it not?

Please do not vote...

I am all for giving Gordon Brown extra time to put some of his policies into place.

I Just would not want any Tory Influence in the North of the country....

Their impact on the likes of Liverpool and Newcastle are still very evident today from the Maggie Era

I like Gordon Brown, so I don't mind. Although this does sound a bit suspicious, like a dictator, does it not?

... It does not.

Ummm. No. He has 5 years from 2005 to call an Election.

Ummm. No. He has 5 years from 2005 to call an Election.

Then he is well within his right to keep going I presume?

Politics sucks.

Anarchy FTW.

Anarchy can fuck off

Then he is well within his right to keep going I presume?

Yeah, he can, unfortunately.