NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
S.C.G

Can anyone reccomend a decent free piece of Firewall and / or Antivirus software?

Ok so Norton is officially pissing me off now, it used to work fine but ever since it told me that there was a new version available and I downloaded it, it hasn't been the same, not the same features and it allowed stuff to get in which it wouldn't have before, for instance I now have an unknown dialler apperently attached to a file in program files which it tells me it can't get rid of... :blank: great, tell me theres a problem and then say you can't do anything about it >< Thanks Norton...

So yeah, I'm fed up with it now and I'd like to get either an all in one Firewall / antivirus program etc or a combination of two seperate programs that are both free (fed of of paying for crap software) and that are reliable, oh and if they can get rid of that dialler that Norton allowed that would be awesome too, Thanks. :smile:

As above ^

Or, if you need better security then Kaspersky. You have to pay for it though

if you dont wanna pay for it... AVG is by far the best solution as it IS reguarly updated.

if you dont mind forking out a bit of cash i would deffo suggest Kaspersky =P very reliable software =)

On a slight note. Would it be worth it installing my free copy of McAfee? (I'm currently using AVG Free)

On a slight note. Would it be worth it installing my free copy of McAfee? (I'm currently using AVG Free)

Nope, McAfee offers worse protection than AVG Free. A computer mag did a study a while back and compared 20 AV programs. AVG Free came 5th (payed version 4th) whereas McAfee came something like 18th...

Nope, McAfee offers worse protection than AVG Free. A computer mag did a study a while back and compared 20 AV programs. AVG Free came 5th (payed version 4th) whereas McAfee came something like 18th...

Thanks. I'll stick with AVG Free then.

COMODO firewall is a good peice of software, in my limited experience with it

Believe it or not, the majority of your free stuff (avast, avg, zonealarm) is leagues better than your payed for content (mcafee, norton).

Sign in to follow this