NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Miniluv

How much do Nintendo REALLY hate us? (Your help required)

Greetings and a hardy ahoy hoy to you all. Inspired by that aussie chap's report about Nintendo Of Australia and the delays they get over there, I was thinking of writing an article about how shoddily we're treated, too, and sending it over to NoE. I realise it'll probably get the same, terse reply, but I'm thinking it beats not doing anything about it, right? Anyway, can you guys think of any and all instances where Nintendo have:

* Screwed us out of a game, completely. No release date ever.

* Delayed a game for seemingly no reason at all.

* Released a game with a serious or just annoying bug that wasn't in NTSC games (Excluding the obvious example of Super Paper Mario)

* Generally treated us like arses.

Try and stick to crimes committed by Nintendo, but include games that they've published, too (so Trauma Center can count, Eledees cannot). A few examples I'm thinking of putting in include:

* The aforementioned Super Paper Mario bug, and its ridiculous delay.

* The Virtual Console. We pay the most, we get the worst service. 50 Hz bordered games, time-limited releases, etc...

* Both Trauma Center games, Eledees, Excite Truck, etc..

This isn't just limited to the Wii, though. DS, GC and we could go further than that, but let's try and stick within the last 8 years or so. Any help is much appreciated, and you'll get a heads up in the article and possibly a jammie dodger.

Why can't they treat Europe as a whole? Only a select few have star points, and are able to get promotions, Wii condom being the latest example of this discrimination.

Its not nintendo that hates you its just NOE that hates you.

Same shit.

Aussie's get the worst when it's got to do with Wii games.

Trauma Center is already out over there, and there is not a single information about a release date for the Australians

Metroid Prime Pinball? And Wario Ware Twisted, of course.

What about having to put up with (some, not all) badly-dubbed TV adverts?

Then there's the whole DS download station charade. What a waste of time that was.

Then there's the whole DS download station charade. What a waste of time that was.

What happened with the download stations?

I personally don't think Nintendo have been bad recently. Then again I don't own a Wii yet just a DS.

Everyone knows how i feel about NOE, saying that; they do, do some things very right, like releasing Endless Ocean here!

Other then that, there release dates are what irritate the most.

Everyone knows how i feel about NOE, saying that; they do, do some things very right, like releasing Endless Ocean here!

Other then that, there release dates are what irritate the most.

Yeah but the yanks gets Smash Bros instead of that so I say we got screwed over on that aswell.

The Stars Catalogue and the release dates are what annoy me the most. I dont see why we should have to suffer when companies like Microsoft can get games out in America and then Europe within a few weeks. I mean even Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata, both RPGs and text heavy, have been or are getting released within a month of the US date.

EDIT: To be fair I dont think its a question of hate for us its more of a total lack of respect for the European market. I will give them credit for giving us Tingle on the DS though :)

Yeah but the yanks gets Smash Bros instead of that so I say we got screwed over on that aswell.

The Stars Catalogue and the release dates are what annoy me the most. I dont see why we should have to suffer when companies like Microsoft can get games out in America and then Europe within a few weeks. I mean even Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata, both RPGs and text heavy, have been or are getting released within a month of the US date.

EDIT: To be fair I dont think its a question of hate for us its more of a total lack of respect for the European market. I will give them credit for giving us Tingle on the DS though :)

I 100% agree with you. USA also Get Battalion Wars when we have to wait...

Next year they will get Wii: Fit before us, as well.

I'm just very pleased about getting Endless Ocean. :D

Brawl should have been a 07 game, everywhere really.

Yeah, Brawl in 2007 would be nice. It's my most wanted game right now, so it really sucks getting it as late as a few months into 2008.

What about having to put up with (some, not all) badly-dubbed TV adverts?

What about having to put up with not having a single sign of Nintendo advertising here. No wonder their products sell like shit in this country.

Not that they have anything of value on the Stars Catalogue but if something good shows up I can't even use my hard earned stars on it. The transfer of starts to Wii points is my only hope.

The same happened when I get a Wii message saying I can get free Wii Jackets. MY ASS!! I go to the specified URL of the message and i find that shipping is only for UK and Ireland. Not that I really care about the Jacket but I like to ramble about discriminations.

What about having to put up with not having a single sign of Nintendo advertising here. No wonder their products sell like shit in this country.

Erm, I see tons of Wii and DS adverts on TV over here. Wii is the fastest console to reach 1 million in the UK, ever, so they must be doing something right :/.

In my memory, I can think of Wii adverts advertising about 10 different games / features, whereas only 2 for 360 and non for Ps3 :/.

Erm, I see tons of Wii and DS adverts on TV over here. Wii is the fastest console to reach 1 million in the UK, ever, so they must be doing something right :/.

He's talking about Portugal I think =)

The Wii should be region free.

It's a real shame it isnt. Does anyone know if it's possible for Nintendo to make Wii multi region via a firmware update?

Well, only if they want it to do.... if not.... don't think they will.

Anyway, even NOE is a biatch with other countrys from Europe. Who lives in Portugal knows what i'm talking about.

And don't give the shit sentence: "Europe have a small market".

They didn’t release Rhythm Tengoku here. Considering how brilliant it is that has to be one of the worst things they’ve done in recent years alongside what they did to Wario Ware Twisted.

Also:

Gamecube Animal Crossing was very late.

Bit Generations games never made it here.

Drill Dozer never made it here.

Well, only if they want it to do.... if not.... don't think they will.

Anyway, even NOE is a biatch with other countrys from Europe. Who lives in Portugal knows what i'm talking about.

And don't give the shit sentence: "Europe have a small market".

That does bare some truth though...a lot of central european countries have following the PS1 and PS2 become very loyal to Sony and Nintendo despite the sales of the Wii will still be aware of this in some capacity. I also think the UK is an odd market as when Nintendo entered the console market the UK intially was more a home computer centric country with the Spectrum, Commodore 64 and then Amiga etc...

I honestly think the UK should be considered as a seperate entity much like the US and Australia, I'm sorry to mainland europeans but it seems crazy that English language versions of games exist for months on end and we are sat twindling our thumbs waiting for it to be translated into various other languages. You would feel this frustration if the shoe was on the other foot...

With regards to NoE and their management of providing better services to some countries than other I think it comes down to the structure of the company. There is of course NoE in Germany and then there is Nintendo UK and it's PR etc... here but then forgive me if I'm wrong but does any other country have a big subsidiary of Nintendo? But then this isn't a Nintendo only problem...

Things are getting better, anyway.

Not too many years ago, games never came out here before the US. The GameCube started by giving us a few stuff 3 days before the US (Game Boy Player, Double Dash!!) the Wii has had games like Wario Ware a few days before the US.

Wii games we got (or will be getting) a significant amount of time before the US are: Wii Play, Mario Strikers, Heatseeker, Mercury Meltdown (Still not out in the DS), Endless Ocean and a few more. That's 3 first party game out here months ahead of the US. When has that ever happened before?

And Tingle on the DS looks like it won't reach US shores at all. So Nintendo see Europe as a big enough place to translate a game from Japanese.

We are more important than the rest of Europe, and speak a better language, so we should get games the same time as the US.

Sign in to follow this