NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hudsoo

what is the better resident evil in terms of gameplay

could it be the great upgrade of resident evil.....or the unseen till on the gamecube zero, maybe its number 4........or the bad ports of 2,3....could even be code veronia.......oh sorry, so which do you reckon is better in terms of the gameplay (not and i say not graphics)

Resident Evil 4 blatantly! I could never get into the toher Resis due to control issues but with 4 I can play it, and love it! Although it's taken a back seat to Skies at the moment but since I've alreay seen all of the game (when Retro_Link) played through it, I'm not that bothered

Resident Evil 4.....In the Resident Evil series.

I wouldn't say it is the greatest game ever, but it surely ranks above all other RE games.

Resident Evil 4 gets my vote; and it's one of my favourite games ever!!!

Currently i'm playing it all through again and loving it even more as i learn new ways to play and make it more fun!

4 no doubt about it, the others have terrible gameplay and 4 is awesome. Hope this enlightens you :P

Resident Evil 4 gets my vote. Funnily enough, the controls are almost identical to previous Resident Evil games - yet, because the camera follows the game's protagonist around in 3D, it is (in my opinion) a great deal easier to control than before and a lot more enjoyable because of it.

I love all the Resi games and have never had any problems with the controls :hmm:. But as with the others it has to be Resi Evil 4. A true gaming masterpiece.

RE4 easily. I hated the controls of the first games and this one is much more fun to play than the others.

Resident Evil 4 is the best in the series by far. Awsome game. Then I would have to say the REmake which is also rather good.

Resi REmake and Zero, whilst feeling very clunky are still fun to play (even if you do want to kill yourself trying to figure out some of the puzzles :heh: )

4 is definately better but that still doesn't stop me liking the older ones.

(Oh and by the way I really loved 3 with nemesis chasing you all over the city. that was pretty cool)

Does this even need to be asked?

Obviously Resi 4 rules supreme although Code Veronica does hold a place in my heart for just how freaked out it got me at times. I stood for ages in that long corridor outside that freak's mansion place just not wanting to go in for fear of it.

Yeah... *ahem*

clear winner from the people's views who have posted, ah i suppose asking this was a question that would have a clear answer

Resident Evil 4 instanly became my top game ever, over taking Mario World, Mario 64, LOZ series and even Pro Evo. Thats how high I regard it.

Resi 4 is the game from the series that most people are likely to enjoy, purely because the camera angles have changed as c0Zm1c says. It looks great, is tense and intuitive to handle; and, I would say, the best in terms of gameplay. On the downside though, I would say it has the worst story out of all of the games.

In spite of its age, Resi 3 is still my favourite because it has a proper Dawn of the Dead feel to it; youre running around the streets, battling off infected civilians and breaking into public buildings. Code Veronica I think had the best plot. Resi 2 was extremely well executed as you played through as two characters in the same environments, but seeing different sides of the story; the Remake was pretty good for this as well, and I found it scarier than Resi 4. Resi 0 was a huge disappointment for me, and was only saved by the marvellous Billy Cohen ;)

________

Honda vt750cd

Edited by Johelian

same as everyone esle resident evil 4 ranks as best resi game but just infornt of zero.

it was just to fun playing it and kicking butt

RE4's main flaw, in my opinion, is the character of Leon. His stereotype stars 'n stripes heroic replies troughout the plot really managed to screw up my ambition to help this lad kick some East European ass. I mean, whenever one faces a few legions of brainwashed armed savages who sport the chainsaw on your neck, the only weapon to stay sain is cynicisme. Leon Kennedy has obviously never heard of some old skool cynic replies to maintain the moral. He is more of an overseas diplomat, speaking the presidents voice in the ongoing war against terrorisme, than in fact an assassin sent to save the hottest of D-cup'd president-daughters and clip whomever between them.

In terms of Gameplay Res Evil 4 bar far. Its just so easy to pick up and blow the hell outta everything. In terms of story though it has to be Res Evil 2. I played that so many times when it was 1st released. The story was the only letdown of R Evil 4 for me because I like the whole Umblella conspiracy thing.

I'd have to say 4 too, but the actual controls are pretty much identical in all of them.

4, naturally.

But I wouldn't say 2 and 3 were 'bad ports', rather 'the best version' (bar the missing PC/DC/N64 extras in 2); they have excellent resolution and type C controls.

Resident Evil 4 is the best in the Resident Evil series, but that isn't just the bottom line. Resident Evil Remake is easily the one that gives you the most jumps. The whole series has been a great franchise though. I'm looking forward to see what twists appear in 5.

Sign in to follow this