NEurope
Jamba

No Epic Games On Wii In The Near Future

I can't believe they're backward enough to think that the Wii can't have 'real' games because there aren't any now... I mean, come on, did these guys finish high school?

FFS, it's really frustrating how this is going. Third parties could actually try, you know. When ports like Resi 4 sell over a million, there's got to be some potential there.

I've not liked Epic's attitude in a long time. On top of which their engine's SDK is a pile of shit. It's in both the developers and Epic's interest for their engine to work properly yet still their arrogance gets in the way.

My problem with Epic is how they have this high and mighty, 'gaming is just for the hardcores' thing going on. You know, games aren't good unless its got HD and 30 people online. They don't respect anyone who doesn't want to be chainsaw off the head of an uninspired and fairly typical 'bad guy' called a 'locust'. Fat bastards.

Oh, no's! Whatever shall we do now?!

OhNoLady.jpgDon

Well, coming from Epic Games, hardly the breakers of new grounds, I'm not surprised or worried in the least. Let them think what they want to, and make another Unreal or some game with space marines and big guns and lot's of blood. I've heard that's 'the thing' right now. :wink:

Wait, is he really complaining about Super Mario Galaxy because you had to wiggle the remote instead of pressing a button? Sad.

Surely he must really want to chainsaw Locusts with the Wii Remote...

If not then there's something wrong with him.

No Epic games on Wii? tbh I'm not really bothered... their comments are idiotic though and the only good / overrated thing they've done is Gears of War :heh: sure it's fun, but it's not the be all and end all of gaming.

Unreal Tournament 3 was a bit shite. By a bit i mean UT2004 is one of my favourite games ever, so naturally i bought UT3 on release day. Installed it, played it for an hour, uninstalled it.

It's like they spent 3 years on the graphics and 6 months rushing through game play changes which tbh suck ass.

Gears was pretty good though and Gears 2 will hopefully live up to expectations.

My point? They're not a huge loss for the Wii really. They're all about graphics (even though they do and have made some good games). Still, i do find the first page funny. Some of you guys actually believe you have a better grasp on game industry finance than Mark Rein! :laughing:

Still, i do find the first page funny. Some of you guys actually believe you have a better grasp on game industry finance than Mark Rein! :laughing:

After reading what's been said, I'm starting to believe they do.

This all sounds of sore anus, did Nintendo told them they didn't want their engine on the Wii?

It's obvious that not everyone at big companies has a good grasp on finances and lets moneyhats/fanboyism rule their decisions. *looks at Vesperia*