NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

many people here playing this on PS3?

I am! Never played a burnout game before and i am quite enjoying it!

Am i the only one who thinks that The original beats them all?

Im pretty sure i am. But yea playing 3 recently it just seems abit like... too fast, OTT and down to luck.

But paradise looks promising, i ain't got it yet...

Paradise is the best one, hands down

talking originals: I reckon 2 was the better pure racer, but 3's takedown addition was a stroke of genius. 4 was a step too far.

Am i the only one who thinks that The original beats them all?

Im pretty sure i am. But yea playing 3 recently it just seems abit like... too fast, OTT and down to luck.

But paradise looks promising, i ain't got it yet...

Nah, Point of Impact is the best one, went downhill after that.

Anyone here managed to get the sponsor cars in the EU version on the PS3?

I got the game for my GFas its not really my sort of game, but its not bad online, i just want some better cars. She just unlocked the Burnout racer on the Paradise licence by doing the burning route in one of the aggression cars.

50% complete and still going, but i want some of those sponsor cars :P

i adeed the gamestop and steel wheels. You can change regions on the PS3 temporarily apparently to get the others but they are all just reskins of existing cars in the game. Steel wheels is exactly the same as the police car for example. The Walmart F1 car is the same as the F1 car.

Ps2 owners should upload their crash pictures here. I have some good ones of people.

Well so far I am enjoying Burnout Paradise. I can understand peoples misgivings about the new open world structure. Sometimes I am playing and go past an event or a new shortcut and think I am never going to remember all this and it makes it think whether not we need more open world games and whether racing needs to embrace this genre. I find do however it very refreshing and in Paradise it has a certain organic feel to it, very few menu's, simple stopping at events that are subtley marked by button press instructions rather than huge flashing lights like we have seen in various NFS games. I find that DJ fucking annoying at times.

Enjoyed my first online game with some people that competed in a ton of events and had numerous wins and finished 4th out of the 8 so was pretty happy with that, especially seem as we were driving in areas I hadn't before. Loved the F1 cars we used can't wait to unlock it.

I knew that DLC would finish off that bridge.

I haven't really got into Burnout but I think I'll change that this weekend!

When is the DLC out for the PS3 version...if that makes a difference??

And one more thing, the islands will all be FREE.

A Criterion developer on the Criterion forums.

He also said that they'll make us work for the new paint schemes.

Does anyone know how to change the license photo for the PS3? I started when I first got my PS3 and I have a stupid white smilie face which you can hardly see and its really getting on my nerves!! (Slight OCD...)

Is the PS3 version identical to the 360 version?

Yup, except I've heard the PS3 version is a tiny bit better with minor stuff....only noticeable difference is that the online is more seamless on the PS3.

The PS3 version is BETTER!?!? That's a first isn't it? :) Really may get this then

The PS3 version is BETTER!?!? That's a first isn't it? :) Really may get this then

Yes, I believe it is a first. Hopefully not the last! :heh:

yeah apparently there are slight graphical issues with the 360 versions including screen tearing...

yeah apparently there are slight graphical issues with the 360 versions including screen tearing...

I've played way past the timer (a bug in the game causes the "time played" counter to stop at 145ish hours) and haven't had a single screen tear and very few framerate drops. The online it very seamless, too.

I've played way past the timer (a bug in the game causes the "time played" counter to stop at 145ish hours) and haven't had a single screen tear and very few framerate drops. The online it very seamless, too.

I'm only saying what I've heard not experienced seem as I own the PS3 version. Online on PS3 is seamless as well EA have been one of the better companies at nailing pulling your friend list off XMB effectively, as well as dropping names into the players met section.

Version 1.2 (mainly bug fix & minor improvements) has been sent to Microsoft/Sony for verification. It should be with us in a month.

They're now working on 1.3.

Planned changes to ranked matches:

- Option to turn traffic off will be removed

- Hosts will only be able to choose from pre-set races (currently hosts can make their own races, it's a nice feature but it's getting abused)

New online stuff:

- Timed freeburn events. Some examples are "Hit X amount of billboards in Y seconds" and "Everyone jump superjump X within Y seconds of each other"

- Online Stunt Runs. Everyone has so much time to get the highest score. Participation is optional. If this proves popular than it'll get a ranked version.

- Online Marked Man. No official word on how it'll work, but I'm guessing it'll be like a reverse Tag game.

- Online Road Rage. This is possibly like standard tag.

No reseting the events option. :sad:

You mean retrying events when you fail? That option isn't in the game because it would ruin the flow of it.