NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

The last Burnout game I played was Burnout Revenge and that was competent at best I thought, how does this rate in comparison anyone?Any better/harder, or is it quite similar in the gameply mechanics to revenge?

The last Burnout game I played was Burnout Revenge and that was competent at best I thought, how does this rate in comparison anyone?Any better/harder, or is it quite similar in the gameply mechanics to revenge?

The stupid things in Revenge (Aftertouch, Crashbreaker, Traffic Checking) are out. Paradise is miles better.

Paradise is rather different. It's free roaming for starters. Plus there are three kind of boost type. Speed (The Burnout/Burnout 2 one that fills up when you empty it while driving dangerously), Aggression (Burnout 3 - you get more boost by taking people out) and Stunt (Revenge - which is pretty normal).

The stupid things in Revenge (Aftertouch, Crashbreaker, Traffic Checking) are out. Paradise is miles better.

Bull shit.

Crash breakers and aftertouch made 3 and Revenge far more deep and fun to play.

Paradise is one thing. Un-pre-fucking-dictable.

You can't scratch against cars, they cause you to have stupidly epic crashes. In freeroam you can Drive away sometimes from a crash and in races you almost NEVER can in the same situation. If you're trying to get somewhere, prepare to get pissed off with annoying track design and traffic.

The game doesn't tell you when a corner is coming up enough, but its impossible to remember the track design because A, You go by most short cuts too fast B, you usually jump from one event to another.

There is no car thats "perfect". All cars have significant weaknesses in either general handling or are designed for each event. This wouldn't be so bad if you could change cars on the fly. Instead you have to go to one of only 7 car lots dotted around the map. Also, the speed cars are too hard to control around corners, the stunt cars are useless at quick turning/dodging and the aggression cars are usually too slow and cumbersome to get anywhere.

Burnout is no longer about skill and thought. Its about stupidly fast reaction times and luck.

I have way, way too many gripes about this game. I ADORE Burnout 1, 2: Point of Impact, 3: Takedown, Revenge, Legends (PSP) and Dominator.

This game sounds like it may be more my thing, despite Jordans complaints. The one thing I hated about Revenge was that you had a steg of a car and could take out almost anything as long as you were driving on the correct side of the road. I also found none of the veichles to differ greatly, it was all just a bit of a boostathon I thought.

Paradise is rather different. It's free roaming for starters. Plus there are three kind of boost type. Speed (The Burnout/Burnout 2 one that fills up when you empty it while driving dangerously), Aggression (Burnout 3 - you get more boost by taking people out) and Stunt (Revenge - which is pretty normal).

Aftertouch wasn't "stupid". It was a really nice feature in the game. Jordan, I agree with you for the most part.

I think the big open level idea has messed it up, I liked going to set out tracks for races etc, not a massive city. You can end up doing a race, and not see anyone else until near the finish, which is just plain boring.

I have way, way too many gripes about this game.

You're not the only one.

Just as I expected they've broken the game, glad I didn't have to pay for it.

I'm actually getting along very well with the game, and as a long time fan of the franchise it's nice to see something different. The only thing that annoys me is that you can't just jump into a race, and this has to do with loading times as well. Back with number 2 on the cube, I could jump into a quick race if I had come back for lunch. Now you got to wait for it to load, then drive around to actually find the bleeding place. Also if you fail an event, is there no easy way to try it again?

i loved takedown and revenge.

played on paradise on my housemates PS3 and i won't be buying it for my 360.

i agree with jordan too.

Free-roaming and Burnout certainly don't quite gel perfectly. In a 'go wherever you please' game, the map is essential (at least it is for a start, or if you have trouble learning the layout of the world). Taking your eyes off the action to look at a map can lead to all sorts of problems in a fast and intense game such as this.

Inspite of that though, in some respects I like this game more than Takedown, and certainly more than Revenge which I just couldn't get into.

I totally hated the old Crash mode, so I'm really glad they've ditched it for Show Time, which I like but it does need some work. Hitting vehicles is fun, but soon gets boring. It needs more variety. More varied multipliers perhaps?

Then there's the online, which is fantastic! Well, it is when the host wants to do more than just drive around in Freeburn mode.

Overall I really like the game and, since it was never going to be easy combining Burnout with an open-world design, it's a commendable effort.

Learning the map is really easy as everything is so distinctive. Once you learn the major routes you wont have problems.

Paradise is easily the best Burnout.

Gonna be a tough one to top.

I had trouble knowing when i corner was coming up, but thankfully in races a sign pops up and blinks to show that there is a upcoming left or right turn! Still difficult, but glance quickly at the map and you'll nearly always make the turn.

I miss 'After-touch' i must admit, a couple of times i tried to move the car to hit another and realised it's not in there...at least i don't think it is.

THE MANHATTEN IS A HUGE PILE OF FLOATY SHIT.

I've offically had FUCKING ENOUGH of this wank FUCKING SHIT game!!

FUCK IT.

FUCK OFF.

</stress out over>

Online is...a bit shit. Most times I'm online, you get people setting shitty challenges or just dricing arounf with their mates and I end up getting kicked off.

Can't they just have a normal online thing? I.e choose a race, get people, and then race? Argh.

THE MANHATTEN IS A HUGE PILE OF FLOATY SHIT.

I've offically had FUCKING ENOUGH of this wank FUCKING SHIT game!!

FUCK IT.

FUCK OFF.

</stress out over>

I hope you aren't actually that stressed over a game o_O I'm sure I read this game got a 9 in EDGE, pretty good going (though I somewhat lost respect for their marking right around the time they gave Halo 3 a 10 and Metroid 3 a 7....)

I hope you aren't actually that stressed over a game o_O I'm sure I read this game got a 9 in EDGE, pretty good going (though I somewhat lost respect for their marking right around the time they gave Halo 3 a 10 and Metroid 3 a 7....)

I was slightly overboard in my post. But i was quite pissed (stressy day at work and tired too.).

I put burnout in my drawer never to be played again. Since then i've had 10 glorious hours of DMC4.

What car's eveyone using as their primary? Mine's the R-Type Roadster for most things

I think this game deserves an 8/10. Would've been 10/10 if they had allowed you to retry races as soon as you loose, allowed you to warp to certain points when not in a race, or have the option of starting in a specific area, if they allowed you to complete normal challenges whilst being online.

That's what i think anywho.

Ohhhh man this game is good :D

It's my first Burnout game, I've had it for 2-3 hours? And I hold the best online crash record for 4th Street of 4.45 million :D

Awesome awesome awesome.

I think this game deserves an 8/10. Would've been 10/10 if they had allowed you to retry races as soon as you loose, allowed you to warp to certain points when not in a race, or have the option of starting in a specific area, if they allowed you to complete normal challenges whilst being online.

That's what i think anywho.

I'd only agree on the last one there. I think the lack of restarts is integral to the atmosphere of exploring and playing with the city.

Anyone here managed to get the sponsor cars in the EU version on the PS3?

I got the game for my GFas its not really my sort of game, but its not bad online, i just want some better cars. She just unlocked the Burnout racer on the Paradise licence by doing the burning route in one of the aggression cars.

50% complete and still going, but i want some of those sponsor cars :P

Am i the only one who thinks that The original beats them all?

Im pretty sure i am. But yea playing 3 recently it just seems abit like... too fast, OTT and down to luck.

But paradise looks promising, i ain't got it yet...