NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

Traffic Checking... i miss you! Come back!

That's the main thing that ruined Revenge for me.

yeah it was shit. I'm all about the classic combo burnouts- I've missed them so much!

Just spent a good hour or 2 getting a few achievements.

Pay and display took me half an hour ¬_¬

Spinnin' ARound was a bitch at first but at least it taught me how to flatspin properly.

EDIT: Just played my first online game, that's really seamless too, good system they set up.

Got thne Criterion Fever achievement on my first takedown, that thing spread so fast.

Just spent a good hour or 2 getting a few achievements.

Pay and display took me half an hour ¬_¬

Spinnin' ARound was a bitch at first but at least it taught me how to flatspin properly.

EDIT: Just played my first online game, that's really seamless too, good system they set up.

Got thne Criterion Fever achievement on my first takedown, that thing spread so fast.

Same here with first time online and getting Criterion fever.

What is the Criterion Fever acheivement?

It started of with a developer. Whoever takes them down gets the achievement and anyone who takes down someone who has the achievement also gets it. It spread pretty rapidly.

I still need to do some complete blocks of challenges (for an achievement and a car).

ive just started and i love it

nothing better than seeing a car you need to take down before its yours!

I just went round, used a map, made sure i got all the drivethroughs.

Next time i boot up i'm gonna find all the events.

It's a freaking pain in the ass finding stuff in this game. Still love it to bits though.

IF you want it

This map shows events, drive throughs, car parks:

http://bds360clan.com/forum/index.php?topic=111.0

This one shows super jumps:

http://www.burnoutaholics.com/?q=node/670

Smashes:

http://picasaweb.google.com/evild70/BurnoutParadiseSmashes

Billboards:

http://picasaweb.google.com/evild70/BurnoutParadiseBillboards

Also, am i the only one who HAS to do the burning route as soon as you get a new car? It's sort of an OCD i've got with this game.

Found all the events now.

Just gonna do some events, might start looking for all the superjumps next, though i've already done 22 i have no idea which ones i've done, i'll go through 1 by 1.

Revenge/Takedown was better.

Just started playing this (couple of hours in) and already it's bugging me. The constant searching for events, and then when you lose you have to drive back to it etc etc. Also, when you hit cars (takedowns) they don't fly off somehwere, which is what made the others so good!

I'm going to go and buy takedown and revenge to get some proper Burnout action again.

Events are at every single set of traffics lights, they're not hard to find..

My mistake, I didn't mean events, I meant things like the billboards, jumps etc.

I don't really like the whole free-roam burnout thing. It just feels wrong.

Also, when you hit cars (takedowns) they don't fly off somehwere, which is what made the others so good!

They fly as much as in Burnout 3 and Revenge when you take them down. Unless you mean hitting traffic cars (Traffic Checking not Takedowns) instead of other racers. Which was only in Revenge and was stupid.

Also: When you fail something just drive for ten seconds and try a different event. Then again...I haven't failed many events so it doesn't really bug me.

Still, I've got a copy of Revenge that I'm planning to trade-in or sell.

Edit: You're complaining that the billboards and jumps are hard to find? Why?

They fly as much as in Burnout 3 and Revenge when you take them down. Unless you mean hitting traffic cars (Traffic Checking not Takedowns) instead of other racers. Which was only in Revenge and was stupid.

Also: When you fail something just drive for ten seconds and try a different event. Then again...I haven't failed many events so it doesn't really bug me.

Still, I've got a copy of Revenge that I'm planning to trade-in or sell.

Edit: You're complaining that the billboards and jumps are hard to find? Why?

As did Lazyboy (well, I assume thats what he meant)

I just wish you were able to go to the map, press to go somewhere and go there. Rather than after finishing a race, wanting to go back to an event close to where you started and have to drive across the city. Also, if you do fail an event, why is there no retry button?

How much would you want for revenge? (I've made a thread in the trades board asking for anyone who wants to see their copy of that/takedown).

Also, if you do fail an event, why is there no retry button?

To encourage people to do a different event instead of doing the same one over and over. And if you do decide to do the same one again you'll likely spot the exits for shortcuts that you missed during the event.

And driving to most places in Paradise City takes around as long as Revenge's loading screen.

And driving to most places in Paradise City takes around as long as Revenge's loading screen.

Thats a slight exaggeration, the loading times were hardly that bad. I'd rather do what I want to do rather than have to be encouraged to try another even after only one try at one. Maybe in an update they'll add a feature like this in? It's just really bugging me.

Also, aftertouch, I thought that was great, but it's not in Paradise.

Paradise is by far the worst of the 7 Burnout games...

I've spent nearly 24 hours playing a game i hate.

Paradise is by far the worst of the 7 Burnout games...

I've spent nearly 24 hours playing a game i hate.

If you hate it so much then why the hell have you played 24 hours of it?

Hates a bit of a strong word surely?

--

Starting to get into it a little more, but the lack of "retry" is annoying. The road rage events are awesome, thats what burnouts about. The chasing ones are bluddy annoying though.

Also, am i the only one who HAS to do the burning route as soon as you get a new car? It's sort of an OCD i've got with this game.

Same here :heh: just got the Annihilator Phoenix, took me bloody ages!

If you hate it so much then why the hell have you played 24 hours of it?

Because sometimes i torture myself for achievements/so that i feel like i haven't wasted £40.

I finally got my Burnout license. I'm gunna get the rest of the freeroaming stuff (10 billboards, 4 gates, 12 jumps) then leave it. I have no intention of getting my Burnout Elite license.