NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

I'm actually very impressed with the online part of the game. It makes my gold subscription worth it.

I'm actually very impressed with the online part of the game. It makes my gold subscription worth it.

Yeah its great online. Although we get online gaming free on PS3 :smile: . Uploading mugshots to internet is nice too

There's so much to do online in the game. Freeburning is great to waste time with in between races. :smile:

Yeah its great online. Although we get online gaming free on PS3 :smile: .

Wow, thats gonna get annoying.

Yeah I had a pretty sweet time last night with Cube and Jman.

Even if it did take me half an hour to power park. :blank::heh:

Choze is annoying in general, just ignore the narrow minded views and dig a bit and you may find some half decent posts.

Online matches are great. Love showtime. The game is great i just hate stunt runs. IMO the game is must have. Its superb superb game.

Choze is annoying in general, just ignore the narrow minded views and dig a bit and you may find some half decent posts.

I can see why paying for something that should be free is annoying.

But yeah i guess go ahead and keep flaunting Live gold like the old days of console online gaming.

The only problems I have are:

- No offline multiplayer. Though I'll let it off due to the nature of the game.

- While I can find lots of great people for the freeburn challenges, I haven't really had and great online races. In the last event I did (5 races) I was the only one to finish a race (the other three were trying, bless 'em).

- Camera needed for achievements.

Other than that, I'd say that this is my favourite 360 game.

Edit: Oh, and it would be nice if 360 games that do cool effects to music in certain situations - like crashing and getting air in Paradise - also did it to custom soundtracks. The effects add a lot of feel to Burnout...which is the only reason I just listen to the Paradise soundtrack.

I can see why paying for something that should be free is annoying.

But yeah i guess go ahead and keep flaunting Live gold like the old days of console online gaming.

So basically, for all of 9p a day you pay for Live we get several features that aren't on the PSN:

• Unified friends lists
  • One game identity, gamerscore, gamer picture and reputation
  • Generally non-delayed important content (demos, DLC, Live arcade games)
  • Updates to downloadable content daily, rather than once a week.
  • Standardised voice chat
  • Trueskill game rankings
  • Being able to access your friends list and messages at any point
  • Private chat in seperate games
  • The great community feel

I'd gladly pay a charge for my PS3 online if it was better...

• The complete lack of any community feel

Don't you mean that is has a great community feel?

Yup... i added that one in at the end the wrong way around.

So basically, for all of 9p a day you pay for Live we get several features that aren't on the PSN:

• Unified friends lists
  • The complete lack of any community feel

Bear in mind communication aspects clearly needs work on PSN. No doubts there. People have complianed loads. But thats the only thing left that Live does better.

Interms of lag and quality of service PSN is far far better and much more forward thinking. Live is quite old fashioned in its technology. No web browser , no real servers, no shareable user content etc. Hopefully MS address those.

And you can't put a price on friendship )that xbox live has created).

Well, the reason the 360 doesn't have a web browser is... two reasons.

1, It'd be stupid for MS to do it when its with Windows, they would be competing with themselves.

2, Live connects straight to MS servers, directly. It would need some crazy circumventing to make a browser work.

I VERY much agree with the lack of dedicated servers, considering how much we pay its a slight joke theres non set up for any game. And sharing content is another point, XBOX Live Marketplace is super strict in terms of certification and having to PAY for content thats free elsewhere.

no real servers, no shareable user content

Burnout has "real servers" (I think...I'm not entirely sure what you mean). And Halo 3 has shareable content.

I agree about a web browser (even if it'd be pointless for me). Then again, it'd be Internet Explorer. So the 360 is better off without one.

Well, the reason the 360 doesn't have a web browser is... two reasons.

1, It'd be stupid for MS to do it when its with Windows, they would be competing with themselves.

2, Live connects straight to MS servers, directly. It would need some crazy circumventing to make a browser work.

I VERY much agree with the lack of dedicated servers, considering how much we pay its a slight joke theres non set up for any game. And sharing content is another point, XBOX Live Marketplace is super strict in terms of certification and having to PAY for content thats free elsewhere.

True. Its not like i am saying live is crap but it needs work nowadays. A year ago PSN was nothing much compared to Live but its grown so much since then. Still as i said earlier even nintendo got some things right that Ms and Sony should take note of. Mii's and loads of old games for example. On the other hand nintendo already seem to be exhausting their content.

Burnout has "real servers" (I think...I'm not entirely sure what you mean). And Halo 3 has shareable content.

I agree about a web browser (even if it'd be pointless for me). Then again, it'd be Internet Explorer. So the 360 is better off without one.

Burnout is p2p like COD4. Except its perfect. Racing games are easy to do however. Even GT5P is p2p and i have played against japanese(opposite side of the earth) with no lag.

IE is fine enough for a console.

I just ordered this, though i have no xbox to play it on, i need to have the game for when it arrives.

I finally got the Burnout Skills achievement. Probably the most temperamental achievement in the game as you need 8 people. And you have to be the first go get 2 barrel rolls and 100% parking. And hope that noone quits the game.And that a race doesn't start.

Anyway. I did an 8 player race with checkpoints all the way around the city. It took just less than 6 minutes for me to finish. And HA! to the apparently "so good they should count as cheating" Walmart F1cars.

• Unified friends lists
  • The great community feel

All of which will hopefully come about for free when Home comes in...

I have my A class license. I have 395 smash barriers. Around 100 billboards.

I dunno, this game is uber repetitive. I mean, i like it... but its no way as addicting as Burnout 2, 3 or Revenge.

I dunno, this game is uber repetitive. I mean, i like it... but its no way as addicting as Burnout 2, 3 or Revenge.

I like it more than 2 and 3. I'm just too addicted to it (I try to block Revenge out of my memory. Playing that game is like getting tortured).

I loved Revenge. I bought it twice infact on XBOX and XBOX360...

Traffic Checking... i miss you! Come back!

Paradise has traffic checking, its just not the over the top zero G phisics cars go flying everywhere kind of traffic checking as seen in revenge. Its a more realistic kind of traffic checking.

It can also be turned off and on in the options screen.

Yeah, i'm aware of the kinda "slow" checking... but i loved the crazy one from before. You could just fly through taffic. Paradise is too fast, too hard to control generally with the faster cars and theres way too much traffic in some areas.

It wouldn't be that bad if you weren't trying to do a specific event (burning route, own the road)

Revenge was just stupid, I don't see how it was fun, you could just hold down RT and you would win the race easily. It was the worst Burnout by far because of the traffic checking.