NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

The history of DLC:

...What.

The.

Fuck.

Sorry if i sound like a dick here, but am I the only one who thinks Dante really needs to calm down on the copy and pasting? It's almost spam now.

Edited by Caris

Sorry if i sound like a dick here, but am i the only one who thinks Dante really needs to calm down on the copy and pasting? It's almost spam now.

No. . .........

No. . .........

lol whose spamming? one word and white dots :D

im so bored im going through ps3 and 360 threads now but you had said you hadn't experienced dlc and he gave you the history :)

bit extreme but just trying to be helpful :)

One interesting tidbit: Big Surf Island has been in development for longer than the game itself.

Hi, can someone here please help me get the invite a friend trophy? None of my friends have a PS3 ¬_¬ and I think it's the only one I need to get to get the Platinum Trophy. Also I think the PSN or something is acting up as I constantly seem to be getting kicked off the Paradise City servers and sometimes the PSN. It has only started happening since I updated to 2.70 anyone else experience this?

Hi, can someone here please help me get the invite a friend trophy? None of my friends have a PS3 ¬_¬ and I think it's the only one I need to get to get the Platinum Trophy. Also I think the PSN or something is acting up as I constantly seem to be getting kicked off the Paradise City servers and sometimes the PSN. It has only started happening since I updated to 2.70 anyone else experience this?

Add me as a friend...I havn't played for a while love a muck around on Burnout...

Ok i'll do that later when I get home ^_^. The connection thing is really bugging me though I hope it's not as bad today as I kept getting kicked yesterday.

Ok i'll do that later when I get home ^_^. The connection thing is really bugging me though I hope it's not as bad today as I kept getting kicked yesterday.

Is it a DNS error your getting when ur getting kicked out? If not what actually happens?

Add me as a friend...I havn't played for a while love a muck around on Burnout...

You know, we should really get back into playing Burnout again. We had some good laughs.

You know, we should really get back into playing Burnout again. We had some good laughs.

Yeah it was great! I would be up for a reunion! lol

Is it a DNS error your getting when ur getting kicked out? If not what actually happens?

I usually just get kicked from rooms when playing randomly. Also when I make my own rooms I disconnect from the paradise city servers sometimes. Only the other day did I get DNS errors where I was thrown off the PSN completely about 4 times within 2 hours.

I usually just get kicked from rooms when playing randomly. Also when I make my own rooms I disconnect from the paradise city servers sometimes. Only the other day did I get DNS errors where I was thrown off the PSN completely about 4 times within 2 hours.

Should help:

SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > INERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS > WIRED CONNECTION OR WIRELESS >

WIRED CONNECTION > CUSTOM > MANUAL SETTINGS > AUTO DETECT > AUTOMATIC > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

WIRELESS > ENTER MANUALLY > ( ENTER SSID OR CONTINUE ) > ( CHOOSE SECURITY OR CONTINUE ) > CUSTOM > AUTO > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

Crappy UK ISPs, basically PSN or parts of it are being traffic shaped

Choze gave me this advise in the playstation thread. Manually entering the DNS server seems to have fixed my problem for now. Try that, it may work for u also!

I'll try this now, I won't know if it has worked as the kickings are random and I don't think I can recreate them but I guess it's worth a shot ^^. Also I can only see one DNS server number in my router settings I cannot see the second, what should I do there?

Edit: I have entered just one DNS atm and it connects fine, do I need to find another for the secondary one?

Edited by Stewilo2005
Update

I'll try this now, I won't know if it has worked as the kickings are random and I don't think I can recreate them but I guess it's worth a shot ^^. Also I can only see one DNS server number in my router settings I cannot see the second, what should I do there?

When your in the PS3 network settings and when it gets to the bit where it says 'DNS' move down to manual and scroll across. There should be a 'primary DNS' and a 'secondary DNS'. Enter both DNS numbers in them.

I have, I mean I only seem to have 1 DNS number, would I enter the same number twice?

Enter 208.67.222.222 in primary

Enter 208.67.220.220 in secondary.

If i am missing your point i apolagise as im tired...

Oh, I thought you meant my own DNS number, is that Sony's DNS numbers? It's ok ^^ what I meant was I entered my own DNS number found in my router settings and I only had one, no secondary.

Oh, I thought you meant my own DNS number, is that Sony's DNS numbers? It's ok ^^ what I meant was I entered my own DNS number found in my router settings and I only had one, no secondary.

Right im with ya now, lol.

Im not so technical on these kinda things, its Choze that gave me them numbers and googling on the net i found the same numbers. Something to do with sony doing an update which fucked up certain ppl connecting through the default DNS (including me).

The numbers Choze gave me seem to come from here http://www.opendns.com/ and from the word on the web seem to have fixed ppl's problems. (It's worked for me so far)

Ah right, I guess I got confused too :P. I'll post back here in the future to let people know if it worked or not. Thanks for the help. As I said The PSN thing happened very rarely so I dunno if i'll notice it working, only on that day, just the paradise city servers kicking me from games I was in but I assume it's all linked somehow. Now to start testing it :P

Ah right, I guess I got confused too :P. I'll post back here in the future to let people know if it worked or not. Thanks for the help. As I said The PSN thing happened very rarely so I dunno if i'll notice it working, only on that day, just the paradise city servers kicking me from games I was in but I assume it's all linked somehow.

Yeah.

Add me to ur friends list if u want or i will add u nxt time im on and perhaps we can play burnout sometime! Hopefully get a few other peeps online as well like the good old days!!!!!!!