NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

Pack is 640 Points, not 600. You'll also need to download 1.7 (over 800MB on 360).

Rest of the cars:

Toy Collection 1: 480 Points

- Toy Hunter Cavalry: 160 Points

- Toy Hunter Manhattan: 160 Points

- Toy Kreiger WTR: 160 Points

- Toy Jansen P12

Toy Collection 2: 480 Points

- Toy Hunter Takedown 4x4: 160 Points

- Toy Carson GT Concept: 160 Points

- Toy Hunter Citizen: 160 Points

- Toy Carson Inferno Van: 160 Points

Toy Nakamura Firehawk: 240 Points

Boost Specials: 400 Points

- Hawker Mech: 240 Points

- Carson Extreme Hot Rod: 240 Points

Time Saver's Pack: 400 Points

I went on a bit of a spending spree and got the Legendary, Toy (Pack 1) and Boost Specials, as they're all available on the Xbox Marketplace due to a mistake. I love 'em all.

Edit: Not available now.

I went on a bit of a spending spree and got the Legendary, Toy and Boost Specials, as they're all available on the Xbox Marketplace due to a mistake. I love 'em all.

The update really teases...as you can select legendary cars but not buy them yet....GRRRR cmon gimme my Playstation Store update.

Thoughts on the new cars:

88 Special: It controls extremely well in Hover mode, and is a great stunt car. It's also wonderfully fast when boosting, and the flame effect is great.

Manhattan Spirit: It looks great, and it seems a lot better than the normal Manhattan. Other than that, it doesn't really do a lot.

Bootlegger: A much better version of the Cavalry (which was heavily downgraded in v1.6). It looks cool and the horn is great - especially as it increases the amount of boost you get while in the air.

Nighthawk: Very fast, and it accelerates better than any other car in the game. It's also fairly tough. A good racing car.

Toy Cars: They look cute and adorable, and their size and handling makes dodging traffic easy. The Toy Cavalry is currently my favourite, and it great at stunt runs (in a slow and steady way). They're also surprisingly tough. If you get one/some then try an offline race or road rage.

Hawker Mech: Looks insanely cool, and the ability to change boost types gives it a lot of potential. It'll take a while to master, though.

Extreme Hot Rod: One of my favourite cars in the game. It's insanely fast, it jumps extremely high and far, it flatspins like a helicopter blade and it barrel rolls better than a Fox. Once you turn the boost you can't turn it off unless you E-break to a complete stop or crash.

Thoughts on the new cars:

88 Special: It controls extremely well in Hover mode, and is a great stunt car. It's also wonderfully fast when boosting, and the flame effect is great.

Manhattan Spirit: It looks great, and it seems a lot better than the normal Manhattan. Other than that, it doesn't really do a lot.

Bootlegger: A much better version of the Cavalry (which was heavily downgraded in v1.6). It looks cool and the horn is great - especially as it increases the amount of boost you get while in the air.

Nighthawk: Very fast, and it accelerates better than any other car in the game. It's also fairly tough. A good racing car.

Toy Cars: They look cute and adorable, and their size and handling makes dodging traffic easy. The Toy Cavalry is currently my favourite, and it great at stunt runs (in a slow and steady way). They're also surprisingly tough. If you get one/some then try an offline race or road rage.

Hawker Mech: Looks insanely cool, and the ability to change boost types gives it a lot of potential. It'll take a while to master, though.

Extreme Hot Rod: One of my favourite cars in the game. It's insanely fast, it jumps extremely high and far, it flatspins like a helicopter blade and it barrel rolls better than a Fox. Once you turn the boost you can't turn it off unless you E-break to a complete stop or crash.

How did you get the other cars? toys and such like really want the hawker mech

I tried getting the Nighthawk GT Trophy (3x boost combo) several times but it would not unlock. :confused: Think there may be a glitch.

I tried getting the Nighthawk GT Trophy (3x boost combo) several times but it would not unlock. :confused: Think there may be a glitch.

Yeah I meant to post about this. I have done the same and not got it...done a 4X and didn't get it.

It is glitches. You'll probably have to wait for a patch.

How did you get the other cars? toys and such like really want the hawker mech

Microsoft accidentally put them all on the Marketplace. They were removed after a few hours.

Got my burnout licence on my new save file just now! yay.

Should we try and arrange a another burnout session sometime this week? I know most of u r playing on SF4 and killzone 2 is out end of week but there might be time...

Anyone got the 8 ppl meeting up in the baseball stadium trophy? There is only a few left that i need for the platinum trophy and thats one of them...

Should we try and arrange a another burnout session sometime this week? I know most of u r playing on SF4 and killzone 2 is out end of week but there might be time...

Anyone got the 8 ppl meeting up in the baseball stadium trophy? There is only a few left that i need for the platinum trophy and thats one of them...

Same here. I desperately need that. In fact, think I will go on this now.

Same here. I desperately need that. In fact, think I will go on this now.

I'll be up for some burnout 2moro night and possibly wednesday depends if SFIV turns up as a rental or not...but after then its all KZ2...

I'll be up for some burnout 2moro night and possibly wednesday depends if SFIV turns up as a rental or not...but after then its all KZ2...

Yeah. I hear that. Must take at least the friday off for Killzone 2.

Hawker Mech looks awesome =)

Well, finally bought myself a copy of Burnout and I'm loving it.

Looking through the Soundtrack I found those classical music tracks...some epic stuff there. :bouncy:

Finally after a week and a bit of waiting it finally arrived around lunchtime, clocked up about 6 hours and already have a B license, almost A. Heaps of fun though.

New Police Pack Screenshots:

3323438291_c6b51c352c.jpg

3323438403_31956b111e.jpg

Now Available (pre-1.6):

B'z Friction (Available Japan): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/332419..._a62028692d.jpg

Circuit City Hot Rod (Available USA): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3622/332336..._9212938ff2.jpg

WalMart WTR (Available USA): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3610/332336..._ce0b36152d.jpg

GameStop Touge (Available US & Europe): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3633/332420..._b532df7955.jpg

Steel Wheels GT (Available US & Europe): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3581/332420..._e999390255.jpg

Macromania Hydros (Available France): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/332336..._511ca8dc95.jpg

Best Buy Oval Champ (Available US): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/3324199756_be8d3a77d4.jpg

Unavailable:

Sponsored P88:

3324199494_1cf865c56c.jpg

Dust Storm (Island):

3323361973_f5232ddcf5.jpg

Sponsored Hydros:

3324199896_a02e6c6e75.jpg

Sponsored Reliable (Previously found via glitch):

3323362163_5660f9a47e.jpg

Target Ubershall 8 (Previously found via glitch):

3324200242_aa46616469.jpg

Blu-Ray Hawker:

3324200350_75d61aaca5.jpg

Unknown GT:

3324200564_d7df9c1378.jpg

Hawker Mech (Boost Special):

3323362895_2dfb49de12.jpg

Unknown Annihilator:

3323363031_3a8754163e.jpg

I don't think we'll ever see the sponsored cars in-game, unless Criterion plan on making use of the calender with sponsored events (like they said they would with the B'z Ikusa). However, the GT/Annihilator liveries are interesting.

The new images are extracted from the PC version.

Big announcement (probably date/price of the island) on Friday.

ah good.

not touched any dlc since bikes but i'll definitely pay up for more real estate.

ah good.

not touched any dlc since bikes but i'll definitely pay up for more real estate.

The history of DLC:

Party Pack

The first update was announced as the "Burnout Party Pack" and launched on February 5, 2009 in North America and the United Kingdom respectively.

It focuses on single-console multiplayer gameplay, offering a Freeburn Challenge-like setting but for people playing on the same console, passing the controller around to complete challenges. The challenges are split into 'Speed', 'Stunt' and 'Skill' with up to 8 rounds and up to 8 players playing at once. In addition, Criterion announced "Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box" that launched around the same time which contains the original game, plus the Cagney, Bikes and Party pack all in the same package as well as "a mountain of new refinements".

Legendary Cars

On November 7, 2008 an announcement was made through the Crash TV podcast about a new pack called "Legendary Cars". The pack features four brand new cars available through the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live as paid for downloadable content.

This pack features four new cars unofficially based on well-known cars from television and film.

The Jansen P12 88 Special, based on the DeLorean from the Back to the Future films, leaves flaming tire tracks along the ground and is also able to hover.

The Hunter Manhattan Spirit is based on the Ecto-1 from the Ghostbusters films and features 2 sirens and lightbars on the roof.

The Carson GT Nighthawk is based on KITT from the television series, Knight Rider and features the iconic swooping light bar in the grill.

Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger is loosely based on The General Lee from the tv series The Dukes of Hazzard and features the distinctive horn.

On February 17, 2009, Criterion games announced via their website that the Legendary Cars pack is to be released on February 19, 2009 on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, as well as on the PC at a later date. Each car needs to be bought through the in-game store or the Xbox Live Marketplace or the PlayStation Store before it can be accessed. The cars are also available to purchase in a bundle.

On February 23, 2009, Criterion announced via their website that specific PlayStation 3 Trophies could be earned by using the Legendary Cars in certain ways.

Toy Cars

On March 5, 2009, Criterion announced the release of this pack. It features a collection of new vehicles designed with a "toy car" aesthetic, although modelled as full-size cars. The Toy Cars pack has been released in three packs. The full pack offering all toy cars and also the Nakamura Firehawk; a toy motorcycle, the second offering the Hunter Cavalry, Hunter Manhattan, Krieger WTR and the Jansen P12, and the final one offering the Takedown 4x4, Inferno Van, GT Concept and Hunter Citizen.

Boost Specials

On November 21, 2008 Criterion announced via their website the next item available for download in 2009 - the Carson Extreme Hotrod. The car was described as the fastest car in the game and has the benefit of 'locked' boost; this means once the boost button is pressed, the car will not stop boosting until it is brought to a standstill, either with handbrake or by crashing into traffics or a wall. The article also stated that the vehicle dynamics system had been rewired so that the new car handles, boosts, and drifts more realistically than any other car in the game. The article mentioned that this car was the first to accommodate the re-imagined Burnout Boost system, this is shown off by the blue flames in the pictures of the car. The other car in the Boost Specials pack is the Montgomery Hawker Mech, and allows the player to willingly switch between the three different boost types at the touch of a button (L3/L button).

On March 12, 2009, the Boost Specials pack was released on the in-game store, the PlayStation Store, and the Xbox Live Marketplace. The cars were released separately or available to purchase as part of a pack. Unlike all the other packs so far, this pack had no set release date and was just released on the day the stores get updated. Usually Criterion's website posts a news story confirming the next pack and its release date, but that was not the case with the Boost Specials pack.

Big Surf Island

Originally announced as the Eastwood pack coming in "Fall 2008", the island expansion for Burnout Paradise has since grown considerably. On November 28, 2008, Criterion announced on their website and in their video podcast more details about the new island. Design for the island was guided by the principle of "If you can see it, you can drive it". The island puts emphasis on the playground aspect of Burnout. The developers mentioned that in their telemetry they noticed that players congregate in areas of Paradise City that lend themselves to stunt-driving, and so the idea was to create an entire island similar in gameplay to the Quarry, the Airfield, or Big Surf Beach. Further they stated that most of the material they had back in April, when the island was first announced, has since been discarded and the island has been rebuilt from scratch. As a result of this, the island grew beyond Criterion's original expectations until they felt that they could no longer offer the island free of charge, as originally planned. They confirmed that the island will be "premium content".

Criterion will also release as premium DLC the previously announced "Dust Storm" buggy, a car tailor-made for stunts and "flying about the place". The official Burnout Paradise FAQ states that the Dust Storm comes with the Island. The official release date is June 11, 2009.

Cops and Robbers

On February 6, 2009, via the Criterion Games Network, Criterion announced that a new "Cops & Robbers" pack will be released for the game. The pack is set to be released on April 30 2009. The pack is being compared to other Freeburn modes such as Marked Man and Stunt Run; it will not involve AI Police Cars patrolling the streets but more like the Cops and Robbers modes of older Burnout games, notably Burnout 2: Point of Impact where players chase each other; one team the Cops and one team the Robbers.Also, every Paradise Car (except Carbon cars, Burning Route cars and Premium DLC cars) will have a Police livery.

The pack was released on April 30 as announced; however the PC version has been omitted from the release, without official word yet from Criterion Games.

Edited by Dante