NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

Cars will break up into bits and crunch better. Reflections on mirrors etc. Open ended environments for more track variation and crashes etc. Really impressive technically.

Shaping up real nice. PS3 will have new rumble, motion control(for afterttouch, crashing) and 1080p support.

5387620071003_133808_0_big.jpg

5387620071003_133814_4_big.jpg

5387620071003_133809_1_big.jpg

5387620071003_133810_2_big.jpg

5387620071003_133813_3_big.jpg

5387620071003_133814_5_big.jpg

5387620071003_133815_6_big.jpg

5387620071003_133816_7_big.jpg

Hmmm.

No loading times on the PS3 version is fairly cool, although aftertouch requires some serious accuracy sometimes, i guess we'll have to see if it works as well with the motion sensitivity as it does with the normal analouge set up.

Q1 for 360 and PS3, right?

Hmmm.

No loading times on the PS3 version is fairly cool, although aftertouch requires some serious accuracy sometimes, i guess we'll have to see if it works as well with the motion sensitivity as it does with the normal analouge set up.

Q1 for 360 and PS3, right?

Its out this winter but yeah i guess its missed December :( . Aftertouch should really easy and much more fun to control with motion :smile: Wii style. Its a simple addition but people will love this the most. :D

EasyDrive Online Social Gaming – See your friends online with the EasyDrive Friends List and connect with them instantly without having to wait or exit your game. Burnout Paradise is revolutionizing the way players jump on and offline, making it as simple and quick as possible.

i am guessing this a mandatory install on HDD sounds really cool.

A friend of mine is a QA tester at EA and he is loving this game. Apparently there was a massive a multi-player mode to begin with but they keep finding massive bugs and have slowly been taking the various different modes out. Don't know if they will make it back into the final version.

A friend of mine is a QA tester at EA and he is loving this game. Apparently there was a massive a multi-player mode to begin with but they keep finding massive bugs and have slowly been taking the various different modes out. Don't know if they will make it back into the final version.

i guess it because they need to start tieing the game up. I hope whats cut comes in a sequel. Sonds great if a QA person likes it. Usuualy they get fed up.

I'll wait for non bullshots.

I loved 3 and hated 4, so I'm holding my horses.

These are realtime and the final game will look even better. :smile: PS3 screens.

I loved 3 and hated 4, so I'm holding my horses.

(OK, the thread is a little old..)

Same here. But I've recently read up on it, and it seems to have everything I wanted from Burnout and more. You can turn off the ability to "utilise" traffic travelling in the same direction. Plus the option for Burnout 1 & 2 boost styles is awesome. And the ability to carry on driving after a crash if all four wheels end up on the floor (and still attached to the car) is something I've wanted since the start. It looks like it keeps the things some people liked in 4, but also has the option to turn it off. So, everybody wins.

Can't wait for the demo (which is due within the next month). And the demo looks like it will be a decent one, too. Stunt mode, Racing (there's a set destination, but you choose how to get there) and 3 online challenges.

It's out Jan 22nd in USA!

I may import it but i was hoping the European release is the same month? Right?

Love the look of this game and with PS3 as the lead platform I could easily see myself picking a PS3 up for this and MGS next year.

I really like that they've gone for an open-ended world for this new game. It sounds a lot like Test Drive Unlimited in that respect, and I loved that game.

1upYours talked this up this week, from what they described aboot it i'm very interested now. Might even buy this, which would be unusual for me seing as i don't buy racers.

Demo on the 13th. Looks good, though not a must have for me unless the demo really grabs me by the balls. And squeezes. Hard.

The PS3 version is very tempting to get over the 360, but achievements may sway me towards the 360 version.

The PS3 version is very tempting to get over the 360, but achievements may sway me towards the 360 version.

The controller is another reason to get the 360 version. Is there any reason to get it on the PS3?

No loading screens is awesome. And the aftertouch thing seems really cool, plus i have no games on the ps3 atm...

The ps3 controller is not bad, its way lighter than the 360 controller actually. But overall the 360 controller is more comfortable...

No loading screens on PS3 version? hmm not bad but as long as the loading times on the 360 version are short Idm and aside from the aftertouch "feature" which is I presume something to do with using the sixaxis controller instead of moving the stick alone, what else does the PS3 version have over the 360 version?

I only ask this because it seems that in many cases for multiplatform games such as this there really doesn't seem to be many worthwhile reasons in favor of the PS3 iteration.

I'd rather have achievements tbh but if you don't like those then fair enough I guess the PS3 version sounds more viable then, but I'm still looking for reasons to get one in the future but there doesn't seem to be enough for me to buy one atm.

Anyways 360 version for me, I really enjoyed the Revenge and hopefully this will be even better. ^^

No loading screens on PS3 version?

No loading screens for both versions.

As far as i know, the PS3 version caches the game to the HDD via an install.

So when the primary platform is the PS3 (fuck knows why considering they have the damn engine built from Burnout Revenge 360) its extremely unlikely that the 360 version will have no loading times. Considering the epic loading that Burnout Revenge had.

Well they have always said they were Playstation developers first. Ever since the first Burnout appeared, all the games have been "PSX in mind"

Not long now though :)

No loading screens for both versions.

If thats true then thats even better :) the loading screens in Burnout Revenge were borderline for Xbox 360, they werent the longest ever but they were long enough to be noticably annoying.

In fact the only positive of loading screens is they give you a chance to change the in game music or get something to eat or drink without having to pause the game mid-race which can alter the flow of things, like say if you were trying for a platinum on a particular race, your halfway there, all pumped up, then you pause it and come back to it you end up approching the game differently IMO.

Hmm maybe thats just me, but anyways no loading screens is a plus. :smile:

If thats true then thats even better :) the loading screens in Burnout Revenge were borderline for Xbox 360, they werent the longest ever but they were long enough to be noticably annoying.

That's what 360 previews have been saying.

I hope that buses and stuff make a good comeback in this one - Revenge had some but you stupidly couldn't use them in a race.

The game sounds more like Midnight club with the open environment. I hope i like it. It does worry me abit.

There's always GT5 Prologue early next year. :smile:

Controllers never sway my opinion now unless it's street fighter III 3rd Strike. I can use all perfectly fine.